Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EndHack

Rust Base (short rerelease compatible map)

After a friend of mine had been playing some doom in the rerelease, I decided to attempt to make a map that was compatible with it. It only took a few days and a couple of hiccups to get it to work right. Any criticism is greatly appreciated, but please remember this was made for my friends skill level and isn't very hard.

Built for the Doom 2 iwad.

Tested in the Doom rerelease and Eternity.

Par is 60 seconds.

Screenshots below.

Spoiler

639935725_Screenshot(20).png.de66dcab3ff4ca61dfa138a4a0d262eb.png143783416_Screenshot(22).png.666f93264637a5183a4743baf7d11bdd.png1645922137_Screenshot(23).png.d3fdcb165473b932be0d17494ff162d0.png56273171_Screenshot(24).png.ee9100d9d3151624c57641c1189c03fa.png955064661_Screenshot(25).png.48c683d084277f7a456cb28064cb25eb.png

Random Imp Foot :)355213712_Screenshot(28).png.48e8f3b8b70f135d1fa99b96a8b117ee.pngI really think this part looks cool240307684_Screenshot(29).png.c2b2eef46a7fd8d3bf9e0d9abb9d926e.png

Edit: Oops here's the map 
Edit2: Added a umapinfo RustBase.zip

Edited by EndHack : Forgot the most important part.

I would like to play and review your map, however you do not provide a link to the wad. I sure hope it is an accident and that you're not purposefully blueballing us.

Sorry, had it all zipped up sitting on my screen ready to go, but I guess once I started putting in screenshots, I forgot about it. Anyways I've added it to my post.

To the wad! I played on UV with dsda-doom.

Not bad, not bad at all for a map01 with only 51 monsters! D_RUNNIN aside. For it being a basic tech-base it contains some mean traps including one Cyberdemon from whom I ate approximately one rocket for lunch (why would you put a wholeass Cyber in there anyways?). What I most like about this map is that texture wise it is bold, but has a lot of variety with some details which is better than just brownhug and startan squared rooms plastered all over the place. Or to put this into other words in how I feel about this map: A nice and fun way to kill 10 minutes with.

A decent map! I'll give it 4.1 out of 5 missing Arch-Viles in crate mazes.

Have a nice day.

Cyberdemon aside I fell the map was to easy you should up the monster count, other than this you got a good one!

6 hours ago, thiccyosh said:

To the wad! I played on UV with dsda-doom.

Not bad, not bad at all for a map01 with only 51 monsters! D_RUNNIN aside. For it being a basic tech-base it contains some mean traps including one Cyberdemon from whom I ate approximately one rocket for lunch (why would you put a wholeass Cyber in there anyways?). What I most like about this map is that texture wise it is bold, but has a lot of variety with some details which is better than just brownhug and startan squared rooms plastered all over the place. Or to put this into other words in how I feel about this map: A nice and fun way to kill 10 minutes with.

A decent map! I'll give it 4.1 out of 5 missing Arch-Viles in crate mazes.

Have a nice day.

I meant for D_EVIL to be playing, but I guess since I only implemented an emapinfo and a dmapinfo, most ports are stuck with D_RUNNING.

Sorry to multi-post, but I only responded to thiccyoshi, in my last message, before sending it, but then I couldn't figure out how to add a quote to a message I was editing. So I was unable to quote Delisk in my response.

1 hour ago, Delisk said:

Cyberdemon aside I fell the map was to easy you should up the monster count, other than this you got a good one!

It really tried to make it easy enough for my friend, and it was too, until I had to finish it off with a boss. It just felt right to stand the cyberdemon up on the other side of the river, but alas, he killed the run for my friend, just like he did for you.

Overall, this was good techbase level. It's a bit easy for my liking but it wasn't made to be challenging for a reason, so it's fine. I did a playthrough on UV and the only difficult parts were just before the lift, and the final cyberdemon.

Suggestions (Just my opinion, you don't need to change anything) - Add more enemies, less health and a bit less ammo. But I understand it was made for your friend, so don't feel inclined to make any changes. Apart from that, I enjoyed this level.

Also, did a couple of table fillers, they're pretty much free to beat but I had fun grinding this level.

Pacifist in 47.94 - rb-p.zip

Nightmare 100% Secrets in 1:12.63 - rb-s.zip

UV-Speed in 47.54 - rb-u.zip

NM-Speed in 54.31 - rb-n.zip

Edited by scuffed

Super easy barely an inconvenience

Well there was a moment here or there where I almost got did

Nice map - thanks for the secrets

Short, fun and easy map. It's decent in scope and has some nice visuals with a good stock texture use. I'd probably change the exit tho. Using a door as a switch feels odd, but still, fun map.