Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wadmodder Shalton

What if there was a PSX Freedoom or a Freedoom conversion for PSX Doom?

Givin that we now have tools to mod PSX Doom with the GEC tools, I wonder if anyone can port over the maps from Freedoom to PSX Doom. I'm not really sure for the sprites, as there's probably isn't a way to replace the graphics in PSX Doom, other than that infamous Doom Forever hack for PSX Final Doom. Replacing the sound effects is possible as I've seen a video where somebody replaced the sounds from the PS1 version of Doom with those from the PC version.

Is it possible to port over Freedoom's maps and assets over to PSX Doom via the GEC tools? Feel free to provide comments here.

Edited by Wadmodder Shalton

On 2/6/2022 at 4:02 PM, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Givin that we now have tools to mod PSX Doom with the GEC tools, I wonder if anyone can port over the maps from Freedoom to PSX Doom. I'm not really sure for the sprites, as there's probably isn't a way to replace the graphics in PSX Doom, other than that infamous Doom Forever hack for PSX Final Doom. Replacing the sound effects is possible as I've seen a video where somebody replaced the sounds from the PS1 version of Doom with those from the PC version.

Is it possible to port over Freedoom's maps and assets over to PSX Doom via the GEC tools? Feel free to provide comments here.

i hink it is possible to port over FreeDoom maps and assets to psx doom i would like too see it work

I think it would probably be possible.

It may even be possible to give it the PSX Doom treatment (ambient horror OST, high quality sound design, and simplified geometry of course).

Aside from that, it would probably be a neat novelty for the PSX folks.

Edited by ValveMercenary