Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PC Spice

Net party's

So do people still have net party's aka land party's where you connect two computers together and play doom? Cause if so that would be awesome if people are still having net party's.

Well, it's a little different from the 90s, but once in a blue moon I'll go visit my friends in Canberra and bring 2 laptops to one of their houses. We'll do 3 man FFA in public ZDaemon or Zandronum servers, just to leave the door open to others to join as well. We only do this once or twice a year, but it's always fun having frags with friends in person, and ganging up on the players who join from outside, especially if they're good.

Like what Doomkid said, it's a little different now. I do remember that John Romero did one with his friends in like 2017(?)
My brother and I once wanted to play Doom with two different devices but ultimately, we didn't, we forgot about it :/

Yes, but it would be people who already know each other and can agree on a common doom port.  The ones that I know about use DoomLegacy.  It has features meant for that usage.

You won't hear about those parties here though, as this forum is dominated by one group.

Most all the doom ports will allow it to be used for LAN parties.   Even the original allowed 4 players.

Well, I can show you how we making lan parties great again since 2018 (LegacyZ, Saint-Petersburg/Moscow)

Spoiler

Edited by Dantosking