Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Iraq and then I ran

How do you feel about next-to-probable-damn-likely-should-be-happening-soon war in Iraq? Oh, and Bush too. I think that one's a stupid idea and the other is a stupid man. Even if Iraq was found with their pants down, there's gotta be a better way.

Little Faith said:

I hope they don't topple Saddam just to replace him with another despotic asshat.

Yeah, I hope Bush doesn't decide to permanently take the place over too.

It's fun to see the CIA hasn't learned from it's previous mistakes and they're still giving weapons and donating money to rebels and anti-Iraq-government organizations. The CIA trained Osama Bin Laden too, and look what happened. What might be in favour of the Americans today, might turn against them in the future. It has happened before.

I hate this situation. It's all because of fucking oil!!! (Right?) What good that'll do... Oh yeah, Saddam's dead, now Osama is off somewhere hiding in a cave in Afganistan planning his next assault on the US. And I thought this was supposed to be a war on terrorism. First, Bush was focused on getting Osama, now all of a sudden, Bush wants Saddam dead! What the hell is going?!?!

Can you say red herring? Either way, sometimes I think we'd be better off practicing something damn near similar to Isolationism.

I hope they don't do the draft thing...there's rumors of that going around too -- though I don't know if that's close to the truth or not.

Its all bullshit, there is a Jewish Lobby and chickenhawks all the way to the vice president. Wake up and smell the roses cause frankly Bush is just a puppet dancing to the tune of the music. Iraq is no fukcing threat...its all played to your minds, something which the government is GOOD for a change. All the media hype and all the public opinion compells any normal individual to fall prey to their antics...FUCKING swines...well look above the horizon and see the bigger picture. There are bigger hands at play here. See Saddamm dead? How lame is that? He's not a good man by any standard, but hes not a satan the media and bush administration portray him to be. THe real satan is war and the need for it, cause frankly speaking, they can shove their war justifications up their ass so hard they should choke on it...A bomb hits a civilian house with children...who is to blame...Oh wait in a war they are casualties right? Civilians die? War is ugly eh? Why the fuck can't it be avoided then?

Stupid propanganda...

You think the media is the government's special propaganda buddies? Or do you think that the government just follows popular opinion that is suggested by the media? Either way, it could be argued that the media is bad news. No pun intended.

I don't know about the media in the US, but the majority of the British media is actually against a war with Iraq.

We were talking about this issue in English class yesterday. From what I heard, it almost sounded like we're doing something very similar to what we did to start the Cold War. Except now, we're afraid of the spreading of terrorism.

EDIT: My bad. That thought came up when we were discussing Bush's "Axis of Evil" speech. In any event, I don't really like the guy as a president.

EDIT #2: I meant the Vietnam War.

Little Faith said:

I hope they don't topple Saddam just to replace him with another despotic asshat.

Why don't you think we went after him the first time, eh?

Yeah, I hope Bush doesn't decide to permanently take the place over too.

Why do you think we would do that? Have we ever done that?

Iraq is no fukcing threat...its all played to your minds

Iraq is a "fukcing" threat. Any country pursuing development of nuclear/biological weapons with an unstable government lead by an insane dictator with connections to terrorist organizations is most definitely a threat civilization, never mind just the US. It's quite real too.

Gatewatcher what's your source...you are sitting high in your throne of arrogance without a care in the world enjoying the rights most humans do not enjoy. Lets look at it in a humanitarian outlook, have you ever been to Iraq?
I have and what I saw trully moved me to tears, these people live in misery, and that is an understatement. You can put the blame on Saddam's apparent opressive regime OR the tough sanctions placed on Iraq, either way its the people in the end who are suffering. What will become of Hussein after the war, if it happens? He'd be exiled at the worst, and what will become of all the people who lost their lives in this so called "Righteous endeavour", a few apologies and all will be forgotten. Right? Fucking wrong. Its people like you who piss me off the most, sitting in an easy chair passing comments like that.
Furthermore, the weapons inspectors asked for more time to establish IF indeed all claims were justified. They asked USA and the UN. What answer did they get...rebuke. Can't anyone give the slightest chance to peace? Have the UN weapon inspectors at least found something that necessiates the call to arms?
Like I said before, there is a lobby behind the administration mostly run by Jews. It is in their interests in a geo-politically volatile atmosphere to see Iraq crumble. Why? Now that is a different debate altogether.

Any country pursuing development of nuclear/biological weapons with an unstable government lead by an insane dictator with connections to terrorist organizations is most definitely a threat civilization, never mind just the US

Hey that IS the US, in every single detail! What gives the US any rights to behave like that if other countries can't?

Ah, you know the source, Arioch. You are wise beyond your years. :)

gatewatcher said:

Any country pursuing development of nuclear/biological weapons with an unstable government lead by an insane dictator with connections to terrorist organizations is most definitely a threat civilization,

I agree. Unfortunately there are no real world powers remaining that have the power to stand up to the US.

Whats the difference between America and Iraq? Nobody contests that America backs terrorists

fraggle said:

I agree. Unfortunately there are no real world powers remaining that have the power to stand up to the US.

How about China?

gatewatcher said:

Iraq is a "fukcing" threat. Any country pursuing development of nuclear/biological weapons with an unstable government lead by an insane dictator with connections to terrorist organizations is most definitely a threat civilization, never mind just the US. It's quite real too.

Thje US is the biggest fucking threat. It ALREADY HAS AND HAS USED the BIGGEST SUPPLY of WEAPONS of MASS DESTRUCTION in the entire world, and gives them out to insane dictators everywhere. We support more terrorists than any other country ever has in history, including Soviet Russia. George Bush is a thousand times more dangerous than Saddam, the only reason we care about saddam is because hes selling oil to moscow and paris instead of london and New York. When he was commiting much worse atrocticies (with our support) no one was talking about him.

Lord FlatHead said:

Because Americans, on average, are twice as important as other people.

Hehehe yep I agree. We are the champions. And Hussein screwed around long enough. This has little to do with right or wrong, but the interest of the US.

And yes Bush is far more dangerous then Hussein, thus it's time to show some respect.

p.s.
Anyone knows what sardonic means? I am right now

I think America is just using this 'terrorist countries' thing as some sort of new land grab to establish some kind of overseas power or new world order or something. Frankly, it scares me. I wouldn't be surprised if the government planned the whole 9/11 thing themselves. To tell you the truth, I'm embarrased to be an American right now, because the government is making us out to all be power hungry assholes.

NiGHTMARE said:

I don't know about the media in the US, but the majority of the British media is actually against a war with Iraq.

You're probably right there, although AFAIK public opinion is divided - but the problem is that Blair is determined to follow Bush, even though that would alienate us from the rest of Europe (which are uniting against a war).

It's a difficult one to call - on one hand, Saddam has being playing games with the UN since 1998 (and has had 5 years to hide everything since he threw out the inspectors, which is probably why they're not finding anything now) plus the possibility of him bankrolling terrorist groups with Iraq's oil revenue, but on the other hand, there's the Bush Administration's links to the oil industry, and all these plans being drawn up for the capture of the oilfields. (as I found out on the news yesterday - so there's not only the love of oil, there's also the links)

I wonder what Bush's view would change to if the UN approved military action, but decreed that any seized oil supplies should be split among it's members, or remained with Iraq under a new government...

You know we could always impeach that farce of a president if we wanted to. Remember when Americans were in charge of America?

Lord FlatHead said:

Because Americans, on average, are twice as important as other people.

I know that Americans, on average, are twice the size of other people, but twice as important? Nah :)

Saddam has not been "playing games" with the UN, hes been trying to defend his coutry from (other) terrorists and American Spies (or "weapons inspectors" to use 1991 newspeak). the only countries that "play games" with the UN are Isreal and the US - in particular the US, who have vetoed more resolutions than you could read in a year.

So what if a country ignores a UN resolution? IF they can VETO it it doesnt matter!

Im not saying that saddam is a good guy, he IS a brutal vicious tyrant - in fact he was even worse back when the US and UK were actively and enthusiastically backing him

Phoenix said:

France and Germany are mouthing off as well.

Because if the us controls the oil feilds we threaten their corporation's profits