Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
timmie

Fun stuff for the next version...

First of all, this is fixed: http://boris.slipgate.org/smallgraphbug2.png

Second, the sprites/textures get processed the same way JDoom ones do now, so no more funny borders around things (I think I mentioned this before).

Third, I added a couple new cvars: gl_texture_convfilter and gl_texture_convadjust. These are so you can run a filter over the images as they're being loaded (ie: blur, sharpen, emboss, etc). gl_texture_convfilter is the actual kernel for the filter and it's a string that represents a 3*3 matrix. The default value is "0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0", which keeps the original texture information. gl_texture_convadjust is a float that gets added to each pixel after the filter has been run because some filters leave things really dark (like the emboss filter). I'll include some examples in zdoomgl.txt of course. This isn't really anything major or useful, but it's fun and you can get some interesting effects :)

There's still some bugs with the texture loading code on some cards (crashes), but 0.73 is definitely on the horizon (and RTC-3057 works with 0.73).

After I get all the crashy type bugs out of the texture loading :( The problem is it works at home on my machine (Geforce2), but at work (and on Enjay's machine) it crashes (Voodoo3). It's being a pain in the ass!

Third, I added a couple new cvars: gl_texture_convfilter and gl_texture_convadjust. These are so you can run a filter over the images as they're being loaded (ie: blur, sharpen, emboss, etc). gl_texture_convfilter is the actual kernel for the filter and it's a string that represents a 3*3 matrix. The default value is "0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0", which keeps the original texture information. gl_texture_convadjust is a float that gets added to each pixel after the filter has been run because some filters leave things really dark (like the emboss filter). I'll include some examples in zdoomgl.txt of course. This isn't really anything major or useful, but it's fun and you can get some interesting effects :)

will ther b a menue available?
so noobs like me don't need to type all that in the console serveral times to make the conclusion ur doing wrong again ...
I already did some requests to improve the console on Zdoom but still it will be a hard thing to add valeus like "gl_texture_convfilter" u can write this wrong on a milion ways and u need it written down be4 u know what to write there, or u need to do freaky with 'alt-tab' and make your memory do a big task :p (what schould i write there again?) annywayz u already did a nobel thing adding those filters :p