Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

[Community Project] Morior Invictus (It's fucking done, finally.)

1 minute ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Quite literally just going through time & space to get Daisy's soul back from the demons.

They go forward in time to take the soul as they know they're going to lose to give Doomguy a nice "Screw you, this is ours!"

Alright! I guess i can work on map05 if thats okay then, id love to replace the absolute trash that is the waste tunnels

Just now, MtPain27 said:

May I have MAP 17? Also, two questions:

1) What's the timetable for this project? A due date would help me juggle my time and (in the worst case scenario) give enough warning if I can't complete my map.

2) You base wad is a 7z file, which I'm unable to open on my end. Is there another format you could save it in?

OOOOOOOO! Yes! You may, good sir.

1) I don't have a strict timetable, as I know multiple people have different things they're doing irl (I have school, for instance), but if you do want a date as to when an update should occur, whether it be a testable wad or just screenshots, I'd give a week.

2) 7z is 7-zip, which is basically winrar but better :p
But if you absolutely need it in a zip, leme know, I got a couple of other things i gotta do as well :D

2 minutes ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

If you don't mind, might I be credited on the forum post and the WAD .txt file for the story? :^)

I gotchu, gotta update other things first tho, since this thread is moving quick xD

3 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

I gotchu, gotta update other things first tho, since this thread is moving quick xD

Sounds good!

Also, what skyboxes are we using? It would help me get an idea for theme to use since each of my slots use a different skybox

@Shibainumaster your intermission screen is awesome!

Also, what do you have in mind for the secret maps? I have some idea for a abstract map for a secret map, something like "Altered Perceptions" from Auger Zenith or those abstract early mapping years mapping (1994/95) levels you can find from shovelware or idgames...

I echo the sentiments on the title pic, a really tasteful application of stock textures around the clock.

Anyway as I commented, I will take an early map slot and try to make something more relaxed, so I guess Map06 will be the ticket.

15 minutes ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Also, what skyboxes are we using? It would help me get an idea for theme to use since each of my slots use a different skybox

These are all already in the base wad!

8 minutes ago, Puncher_Sponge said:

Could I have map 8 and 9 please?

Gotchu :)

4 minutes ago, cannonball said:

... I will take an early map slot and try to make something more relaxed, so I guess Map06 will be the ticket.

Sounds good :)))

15 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

@Shibainumaster your intermission screen is awesome!

Also, what do you have in mind for the secret maps? I have some idea for a abstract map for a secret map, something like "Altered Perceptions" from Auger Zenith or those abstract early mapping years mapping (1994/95) levels you can find from shovelware or idgames...

I was thinking something like a dodging challenge for one, dunno which, where you'd be on a 64x64 balance beam that swerves on occasion and have to dodge cyber rockets from all directions, but idk about the other level. (TL;DR - Gimmicks of some kind.)

1 minute ago, Lemonlytical said:

I would love to contribute a map to this project if I can!
Any mapslot you can spare is great

Any mapslot that doesn't say it's taken is ripe for the picking! Map19, perhaps?

Since I have map15, I'm gonna have to get creative with the secret exit. Should we just make it a detour in the same realm as map15 that leads to two significantly harder maps? If that's the case, I think we should pull a Plutonia and make the map31 secret exit the only way out.

2 minutes ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Since I have map15, I'm gonna have to get creative with the secret exit. Should we just make it a detour in the same realm as map15 that leads to two significantly harder maps? If that's the case, I think we should pull a Plutonia and make the map31 secret exit the only way out.

You're the one making the map, it's completely up to you! I like the idea of hiding commander keens personally.

7 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Any mapslot that doesn't say it's taken is ripe for the picking! Map19, perhaps?
Sure, map 19 sounds great, thank you!

2 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

You're the one making the map, it's completely up to you! I like the idea of hiding commander keens personally.

We should change the keen sprite to something different hehe

28 minutes ago, Lemonlytical said:

Sure, map 19 sounds great, thank you!

26 minutes ago, Cheesewheel said:

MAP20 please - I love time travel maps.

26 minutes ago, sincity2100 said:

I'll propably take map28 and give it a go..

5 minutes ago, A2Rob said:

I'll take slot 13.

Y'all now have your slots :D

1 hour ago, MtPain27 said:

May I have MAP 17? Also, two questions:

1) What's the timetable for this project? A due date would help me juggle my time and (in the worst case scenario) give enough warning if I can't complete my map.

2) You base wad is a 7z file, which I'm unable to open on my end. Is there another format you could save it in?

If it's okay with pyro, when I get home I'll upload the resources in .ZIP. I hear there might have been some errors, so I'm going to run it through Deutex. That fixes a lot. I don't blame Pyro for the errors though, I screw up resource wads all the time :p 

Even when everything looks fine, vanilla and Doom Builder can complain. So Deutex is really helpful for squashing little bugs like that.

Just now, noob_killer012345678 said:

Before they all dissapear i feel like getting one more, Can i get map25 too?

I had asked for it, but I think it might have been missed, haha. All good though, if possible I'm down to take any slot in the 20's if possible.

1 minute ago, King Know-Nothing said:

I had asked for it, but I think it might have been missed, haha. All good though, if possible I'm down to take any slot in the 20's if possible.

Thats why i edited to 24, as i saw you had wanted it. Plus vanilla map24 is a map i like, so id take that instead

4 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

Before they all dissapear i feel like getting one more, Can i get map24 too?

Gotchu.

2 minutes ago, King Know-Nothing said:

Map26, perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

If it's okay with pyro, when I get home I'll upload the resources in .ZIP. I hear there might have been some errors, so I'm going to run it through Deutex. That fixes a lot. I don't blame Pyro for the errors though, I screw up resource wads all the time :p 

Even when everything looks fine, vanilla and Doom Builder can complain. So Deutex is really helpful for squashing little bugs like that.

It seems to be fine but it is a bit bloated. If I remove anything, though, it breaks, so it's essensially being held up by duct tape rn. Vanilla is weird, man.

4 minutes ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Fuck it. Can I have 31 and 32 as well?

2 minutes ago, Yumheart said:

May I have 16 and 21? I'm sure the project could use some punchy break maps ^ .^

2 minutes ago, finnks13 said:

This project seems pretty cool, can I do map 22?

All of you got your maps now

What do y'all think of these rooms? vvv

Spoiler

1.PNG.3fee2f1bd5aacd6e24c363cb24d9a24f.PNG2.PNG.b7de7cc0b8478eb65cf01de2ed5f0d62.PNG3.PNG.825e5e05f1cc58ae8f588ad821847993.PNG

1 minute ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

All of you got your maps now

What do y'all think of these rooms? vvv

Hide contents

Very 90s. It's perfect!

Congrats on getting the project up and running, hope to hear good news, if you need a dedicated playtester I can help with that, however I don't want to commit to mapping just in case I don't have time to actually make anything.