Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

[Community Project] Morior Invictus (It's fucking done, finally.)

1 hour ago, Shibainumaster said:

Wow! Looks really nice, reminds me of "Speed" from Plutonia.

Thanks dude! Speed is one of my favorite Plutonia maps, so that's a high honor to me haha. I was inspired by Plutonia 2 and Alien Vendetta for this one. It was originally a slaughter-ish type open courtyard thing, but it morphed into a gothic dungeon type thing full of sadistic traps.

Spoiler

image.png.7efeeb603cda2b1a388f0f4abf64012c.png

Progress update number 4 :^)

Also, here's the song for the map

Spoiler

Edited by Sr_Ludicolo

I have an update on map 09, I removed half the revenant snipers cause of the the 128 sprite limit. Also put down multiplayer objects, weapons, dm starts, one cyberdemon etc. And also implemented skill modes and such. 

New map09.zip

So yeah guys, tell me if this is shit or not.

3 hours ago, Puncher_Sponge said:

I have an update on map 09, I removed half the revenant snipers cause of the the 128 sprite limit. Also put down multiplayer objects, weapons, dm starts, one cyberdemon etc. And also implemented skill modes and such. 

New map09.zip

I'm sorry to do you like this, but I can't at all recommend this map. It feels like Downtown, but with 9 fucking cyberdemons. Having a BFG and that many boss demons out in the open so early is incredibly jarring. The design is frustrating, especially the part with clearing the cybies in the sniping corners. The texture alignment is non-existent, and there seems to be no consistent theme besides the near-exclusive use of stock Doom 2 textures. This map either needs a serious overhaul or a complete restart.

P.S. Gameplay is still processing, so check back in 30 minutes or so.

Edited by Sr_Ludicolo

2 hours ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

I'm sorry to do you like this, but I can't at all recommend this map. It feels like Downtown, but with 9 fucking cyberdemons. Having a BFG and that many boss demons out in the open so early is incredibly jarring. The design is frustrating, especially the part with clearing the cybies in the sniping corners. The texture alignment is non-existent, and there seems to be no consistent theme besides the near-exclusive use of stock Doom 2 textures. This map either needs a serious overhaul or a complete restart.

Honestly I disagree, the cybies that teleport in when you press a switch are pretty easy to deal with considering all the other enemies that can infight with it, and not to mention surplus of cells. The sniper cybies are just there to keep the player moving and taking them out really aint so bad (at least for me). Also I thought the theme was pretty clear, it was an underground city. I don't get the downtown comparison mostly because downtown has way more action in the buildings as opposed to the outside area.

I will agree with the point about bad visuals though, they are admittedly atrocious.

2 minutes ago, Puncher_Sponge said:

Honestly I disagree, the cybies that teleport in when you press a switch are pretty easy to deal with considering all the other enemies that can infight with it, and not to mention surplus of cells. The sniper cybies are just there to keep the player moving and taking them out really aint so bad (at least for me). Also I thought the theme was pretty clear, it was an underground city. I don't get the downtown comparison mostly because downtown has way more action in the buildings as opposed to the outside area.

I will agree with the point about bad visuals though, they are admittedly atrocious.

I suppose we can agree to disagree. Do with it what you will.

I like the midi and the idea behind it, just not a huge fan on difficulty, especially for map09 - this feels more like something you'd find in the early/mid 20's/late 10's.

I agree that tweaking is in order but other than that and maybe a bit more attention to detail (not a LOT, mostly with the texture offsets and maybe some SUPPORT textures to make a nicer transition between textures), it's alrighty-o.

1 minute ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

this feels more like something you'd find in the early/mid 20's/late 10's.

yeah I probably should've chose one of those slots when I had the chance lol

6 minutes ago, Puncher_Sponge said:

yeah I probably should've chose one of those slots when I had the chance lol

ay, if one becomes open perchance, i'll tag you.

but didn't want what I said to sound rude, of course :L

hey, so uh...it's incredibly difficult to move around in that tiny little time machine thing. is it okay if we take off the impassable flag on the table and widen the door a bit? or at least make it a little bigger, or something that'll help mobility. it's hard enough when there's one player, it'll be a nightmare getting in and out if anyone plays in co-op

14 minutes ago, roadworx said:

hey, so uh...it's incredibly difficult to move around in that tiny little time machine thing. is it okay if we take off the impassable flag on the table and widen the door a bit? or at least make it a little bigger, or something that'll help mobility. it's hard enough when there's one player, it'll be a nightmare getting in and out if anyone plays in co-op

He said it's cool for the table, I asked the same question lol

I wouldn't change the other stuff personally tbh

Updated with difficulty levels, COOP and DM support.

Still has SEG HOMS. (How important is it to fix these - they are not that noticeable)

Think I have ironed out all visplane crashes (hoping anyway)

Some screens as don't know if anyone has played this yet.

Spoiler

DOOM0023.png.c9bfb68a5aeceab858f77db6d9d7985c.pngDOOM0024.png.9f259830b5e684f00832e220ad3ef934.pngDOOM0025.png.8d297b2c88f9115629ab80d47120c69f.pngDOOM0026.png.0d6b7052472649a44120cf6e5553d107.pngDOOM0027.png.a508039c4955a19e8209004a9c14a8af.pngDOOM0028.png.86bb8a2c6fe797e82720a0d26eeaa943.pngDOOM0029.png.74782d27951a7f7b857a2ce828ed3aea.pngDOOM0030.png.c0b0576ee7b9386d25c133558e13f666.png

Mapname: Kill Hitler (MAP20)

DL (still has all the resource embedded - hence the 9mb size, don't know how to get it to work in chocolate otherwise) Just run it with the .DEH too.

36 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

My map is done and ready for testing. just holding it back incase there is a redesign of the time machine start area.

Very unlikely since there's at least a third of the wad complete. I certainly ain't redesigning my maps for that lmfao

He said it's cool for the table, I asked the same question lol

I wouldn't change the other stuff personally tbh

this ^

1 hour ago, Cheesewheel said:

DL (still has all the resource embedded - hence the 9mb size, don't know how to get it to work in chocolate otherwise) Just run it with the .DEH too.

looks awesome! might play it tomorrow as it's a bit late xD

7 minutes ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Very unlikely since there's at least a third of the wad complete. I certainly ain't redesigning my maps for that lmfao

yea no, I think we got it down :D I don't wanna mess with it more than needed.

If redesigning is out of the question (I also had a thought about it being a bit small for co-op), my suggestion is possibly setting multiple opening rooms? Time travel and the wonkiness can definitely open up the possibility for it. Quantum flux, time-and-space desyncing and other such things are usually good justifications. Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, King Know-Nothing said:

If redesigning is out of the question (I also had a thought about it being a bit small for co-op), my suggestion is possibly setting multiple opening rooms? Time travel and the wonkiness can definitely open up the possibility for it. Quantum flux, time-and-space desyncing and other such things are usually good justifications. Just a thought.

Honestly? If it works with the map you're doing, you could have players 2-4 basically anywhere, idrc.

Keep player 1 in the time machine area is all I ask,

Hey all, I have a concept for MAP30. It'll be a continuation of MAP29's fortress theme, and be the final destination to retrieve daisy. To make this concept work, It would be great if we could replace a rarely used decoration with a sprite of Daisy.

MAP29 won't have a battery, and will just use a yellow skull key. The time machine will also be pretty shredded in the map, signifying that this is your final stop on your journey.

Edited by Sr_Ludicolo

Hey all, I have a concept for MAP30. It'll be a continuation of MAP29's fortress theme, and be the final destination to retrieve daisy. To make this concept work, It would be great if we could replace a rarely used decoration with a sprite of Daisy.

MAP29 won't have a battery, and will just use a yellow skull key. The time machine will also be pretty shredded in the map, signifying that this is your final stop on your journey.

I sorta like the idea, just kinda wished to have a bit more creativity aside from big bad fortress.

Also, finally found a good idea for map11.

I am also doing more progress on 27. So keep an eye out for that as well. :)

Spoiler

image.png.9b7a1d42a61ddc762cce5281388e617a.png

Starting area up here.

The start of this little castle thingy, I have an idea for it. Also yes that is a custom texture you're seeing there next to that pathway.

image.png.ecf6cd14acdf489a4f089961b2edf97d.png

And finally, little outdoor area.

image.png.0855370dd14c2008246679ab1af8b5a0.png

I still can't find or think of a really fitting midi for both of these maps tho.

30 minutes ago, LGmaire said:

I sorta like the idea, just kinda wished to have a bit more creativity aside from big bad fortress.

If it helps, you exit MAP29 by draining a blood dam, and entering from the sewers below. It's damp, smells rotten, and crawling with Hell's baddest armies.

Spoiler

image.png.34694867496d3342d3506e69a0d00977.png

@forgettable pyromaniac My map 10 is done and ready for testing. Play time is around 10 minutes or so. All difficulties are supported and I added dm starts and extra monsters on multiplayer but that is currently untested.

mEqoS1D.png

https://easyupload.io/tfe887

tell me if the link doesn't work. If you people do play this map, please at least record an lmp as the first play through by anyone is worth it's weight in gold to me as a map designer.

@MFG38 Are you still intererested in making midis for this community project? Would you like to make a midi for this map?

20 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

@MFG38 Are you still intererested in making midis for this community project? Would you like to make a midi for this map?

Absolutely! I'll see what I can whip up and send something your way within a week or two. :)

14 hours ago, Cheesewheel said:

I like it! the red key fight has some HOMs though due to the segment limit.

44 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

tell me if the link doesn't work. If you people do play this map, please at least record an lmp as the first play through by anyone is worth it's weight in gold to me as a map designer.

I think it's quite alright, but I got lost trying to find the blue/red columns. as soon as i did, i hit the recording max :p
https://litter.catbox.moe/iey2py.zip (has both of the demos, hopefully. they both hit the recording max of 128 halfway through, sadly, but I hope it helps out with design somewhat :D)

19 hours ago, Puncher_Sponge said:

New map09.zip

Seriously dude, get a grip... 

Mapping Regulations:

- Try to keep the difficulty in a sane place, i.e. keep slaughter to a minimum
(Defining slaughter the way MtPain put it: "If you have a BFG and the odds still look stacked against you)

This is your second map that goes against the regulations of this project, and it's only map 9 out of a 30+ map megawad that aims to be balanced and have difficulty progression, come on... 

It seems to me that you're trying hard to be the guy who is known for the most dick-ish maps in this megawad, instead of putting some effort and make an actual good contribution to it.

Heh, my map has over 150 monsters even on lower difficulties but it works in chocolate doom without sprite flickering as long as you do not heard the monsters together. If you do... well, that's on you. :-P