Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

[Community Project] Morior Invictus (It's fucking done, finally.)

20 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Alright, here's a tag list. I'm tagging everyone who's map is unfinished for updates, so if you already responded, just ignore this. Just making it easier on myself, thanks <3

@King Know-Nothing, @noob_killer012345678, @Dusty_Rhodes, @NeedHealth, @cannonball, @Yumheart, @MtPain27, @roadworx, @Scorpius

What's up guys? How goes? I still don't wanna rush, but I wanna ask for updates on anything going on. Cheers!

Hey, sorry about the delay. I've been having a lot of stuff going on lately. I'll try and get you something soon and I promise it'll be creative and not another tech base heh (I love making tech bases). I'll keep the thread updated with progress. 

3 hours ago, Shibainumaster said:

Hey @forgettable pyromaniac, would you consider making a specific folder that contains limit removing maps? Like in Rowdy Rudy 2,i think that'll solve the problem with my map.

unsure. will think about it, though. for now, assume "no" though, in terms of having your map work in vanilla. if push comes to shove, we can have the original versions of the maps in an extra wad and have the vanilla versions in the regular wad.

Quick update, had an ordeal with an untimely death of a friend and then was almost immediately without a computer for a while afterwards, but gonna be working on my map and trying to get it done hopefully this month.

On 5/4/2022 at 8:29 PM, King Know-Nothing said:

Quick update, had an ordeal with an untimely death of a friend and then was almost immediately without a computer for a while afterwards, but gonna be working on my map and trying to get it done hopefully this month.

damn. hope things are going well <3

@forgettable pyromaniac

Gotta agree with @Puncher_Sponge, you really should set a deadline. I feel like I finished my maps ages ago, even with the megalith that was MAP29 taking several weeks on its own. I'd really like to see this project out the door sometime sooner than later.

Alrighty, here's the plan - for anyone who hasn't said anything so far, at least an update, in 3 or so days, we'll open up those maps that didnt get any response from. That sound 'ight?

Good idea. In fact, you should do that immediately. There's no point in waiting any longer.

4 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Alrighty, here's the plan - for anyone who hasn't said anything so far, at least an update, in 3 or so days, we'll open up those maps that didnt get any response from. That sound 'ight?

Should probably @, them first, give em a heads up

On 5/11/2022 at 7:27 PM, Puncher_Sponge said:

Should probably do it again for good measure 

I probably should have, shit.

I'll say... Until Tues afternoon, if I don't get some kind of response from these folk, their maps will up for grabs and I'll update the Map List accordingly:
@King Know-Nothing, @roadworx

People who've already opted out:
- MtPain

- NoobKiller

Other Updates:

- I think the idea of having limit removing variants of your maps (or "Vanilla but a bug made me do this weird thing so here's the version without the weird thing") in a separate wad with the download should be alright with me, but upload both at once with your final submission and clarify which is which please.
- Not dead, I swear! :L I've been slowly writing down ideas for map32, myself. But I need help deciding one thing: Hard as Balls, or Gimmick?
- Response time has been slow because I got covid again, but I should be good again.

22 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Yea, sadly. Too much stuff to do.
Understandable tho.

thought this was just him saying he cant work on it till april...image.png.7f87aca7756b6494883bdba79700cf3a.png

Well if we end up with some empty slots that need filling, I'd be more than happy to make another map for this. Then again, if anybody else wants them, they can go ahead. Just figured I'd offer if it helps speed things along.

5 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

I've been slowly writing down ideas for map32, myself. But I need help deciding one thing: Hard as Balls, or Gimmick?

If it were up to me, I'd lean towards gimmick. I personally prefer the secret maps to be more unusual rather than just tough.

On 5/15/2022 at 5:14 PM, forgettable pyromaniac said:

I probably should have, shit.

I'll say... Until Tues afternoon, if I don't get some kind of response from these folk, their maps will up for grabs and I'll update the Map List accordingly:
@King Know-Nothing, @roadworx

People who've already opted out:
- MtPain

- NoobKiller

Other Updates:

- I think the idea of having limit removing variants of your maps (or "Vanilla but a bug made me do this weird thing so here's the version without the weird thing") in a separate wad with the download should be alright with me, but upload both at once with your final submission and clarify which is which please.
- Not dead, I swear! :L I've been slowly writing down ideas for map32, myself. But I need help deciding one thing: Hard as Balls, or Gimmick?
- Response time has been slow because I got covid again, but I should be good again.

Working on my map. Should be able to get it done a little before the end of the month. Sorry for the delay, things have been a lot lately. Took me way longer than originally anticipated, but once I get this one done the other should be a lot quicker.

Though it's starting to feel like this one might be a bit much for a map 4 wondering if maybe since mtpain dropped out, the slots can be swapped? If not that's cool, I'll just post it when it's done and see how people feel haha.

Edit: also like the idea of a gimmick for 32

Gonna tag a few people here, they can have first dibs, as they showed interest in mapping after the roster got full:
[sorry roadworx, I threw you out...] @Doomkid, @MFG38, @epicyolomaster420... We got map05, map17, map24 and map25.

Also, who would wanna do a huge map30 as the last thing? I would like to do the final section (Icon o' Sin).

My idea was
- I can make the starting area and the 3 pathways
- One person takes the first passageway, ending on a key
- Another person takes a passageway for that key, getting another key
- Final Passageway with the Yellow Skull Key in it (battery), that you put in a generator in the starting area to reach the final section, that I make.

If anyone wants to throw out some ideas or wanna be a part of that, I'm all ears.

I think I mentioned as much a page or two back, but I would be willing to help out with part of the final level, as well.

As for ideas, maybe each the 3 pathways could be made up of sections from the other levels all 'stitched together'? Might be hard to co-ordinate that, and I don't know if it would even look or play any good, but it sounded like a neat idea in my head.

Also, don't know if you had an aesthetic in mind for the begin/end sections, but I think something more abstract would pair well with the above idea. Maybe a big ol' 'sands of time' desert with random junk popping out here and there?

oh yeah and why not have it use the same music as Map 20 from Scythe 2 haha

11 hours ago, Blexor said:

Also, don't know if you had an aesthetic in mind for the begin/end sections, but I think something more abstract would pair well with the above idea. Maybe a big ol' 'sands of time' desert with random junk popping out here and there?

The beginning will probably look like the end of map29 to keep consistency, but that is a neat idea. Ima see if I can throw something together that could have both.

Not sure if I have the time to make a map, a bit pre-occupied with other projects at the moment. But my original MIDI composition offer is still open.

15 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Also, who would wanna do a huge map30 as the last thing? I would like to do the final section (Icon o' Sin).

My idea was
- I can make the starting area and the 3 pathways
- One person takes the first passageway, ending on a key
- Another person takes a passageway for that key, getting another key
- Final Passageway with the Yellow Skull Key in it (battery), that you put in a generator in the starting area to reach the final section, that I make.

If anyone wants to throw out some ideas or wanna be a part of that, I'm all ears.

Proposal: It might be cool to, instead of having multiple passageways, have three or four sections that are interconnected with each other to some extent. I think that would be more interesting than having three relatively linear paths that can be approached seperately, though it would probably also be a bit harder to realize / coordinate. Whatever it ends up being, I'd definitely be willing to contribute a section as well.

2 hours ago, Yumheart said:

I think that would be more interesting than having three relatively linear paths that can be approached seperately, though it would probably also be a bit harder to realize / coordinate.

Exactly - it'd be kind of a pain if they weren't separated in some way.

Hi. I don't think I will be able to finish MAP31 for some personal reason. So I would like to let go the slot. Sorry about this.

Also, I don't know if I will be able to fix MAP27's seg limit problem without sacrificing too much details. But I will see what I can do.