Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

[Community Project] Morior Invictus (It's fucking done, finally.)

3 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

how can i fix it?

Honestly, no clue. I have never seen that issue before in all my time making doom maps. What node builder are you using?

@forgettable pyromaniac Finished my map, finally (︶^︶)

Name: Guidance

Difficulties: all implemented, including co-op and deathmatch (even made an arena!)

Midi: Shetland Mine - LieN from Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (transcribed by Tails19935)

Textures: both vanilla and from the pack

Tested on: chocolate doom, Woof 10.0, dsda-doom 0.24.3

download => Savarin_Morior_Invictus.7z

Please tell me if there is any issues, also I included the midi on the WAD already, if that causes any trouble the file is also on the download.

Quite proud of this one, even though it took me longer than expected...

Also

Spoiler

fuck visplanes, oh my god

Rememberered how i got rid of the graphical Error on my Concept, it was indeed by Adding more Details (and hiding the View).

Made some bigger Steps and i hope i can release a nearly finished Version at the Deadline.

But i am sure i'll need some Days more, after some Playtesting of People.

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

@Savarin

Eeeyy, thanks for playing! Always a treat to see a new Bio test run, even if I'm making you deal with my dumb designs hehe... Also, at the end there, you can access the last room through a teleporter that opens in the city area. I designed it like that for co-op purposes. If you don't mind me asking, where there any moments that were outright too annoying? I could balance some stuff around, but am just wondering if I can make the experience better for players ^^

Thanks again :D

5 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

-YT VIDEO-

I enjoy how Bio can simultaneously be pissed off to an inane degree and genuinely enjoy himself within the span of 30 seconds.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSD11DCjpjwhtNeCjvn0yMXMRB6hQ?e=e89L1v

Newest Version of Map 18.
Just in Case i get hit by a Car, Asteroid or eaten by an Shark (or Squirell).

Fights aren't balanced yet not proven if they are as i intended (i am rushing :P).

Difficulties are more or less implemented.

Layout will stay more or less as it is.
More Monsters, Fights and Details will be implemented in the next Step and last Issues will be fixed.

Edit:

It is playable in right Order from Start to Finish, only the Exit Button is misplaced.
Minor Issue, comes last :P

Edited by Azuris

The reason I made the clip is because I am uncertain if what I have made so far is good enough. I started working on this map on a whim to make something different but the more I finish it, it feels like a secret map type deal. It is somewhat 70% done or so, what you people saw in the clip and, a bend around the corner I had to cut out due to length restrictions in the video.

I need to add the monsters and finish making the last part and the end.

Sorry for the double post.

1 hour ago, NeedHealth said:

The reason I made the clip is because I am uncertain if what I have made so far is good enough. I started working on this map on a whim to make something different but the more I finish it, it feels like a secret map type deal. It is somewhat 70% done or so, what you people saw in the clip and, a bend around the corner I had to cut out due to length restrictions in the video.

I need to add the monsters and finish making the last part and the end.

Sorry for the double post.

First of all: ive double posted before, no need to say sorry.

Secondly: "I am uncertain if what I have made so far is good enough." Man have you SEEN my map05? This is like god level compared to that! Dont worry about the quality

@Biodegradable

Thank you for the Video, i'll set up a second Spawning of Enemies to show the Player the Way.

I also put the Walk Trigger for the "Backyard" Door a bit more to the front, normally the Door should open because People pressing the Switch walk over it.

And yes, the Switch actually to open the Waterwalls and release the Monsters :P...

And sorry for the Secrets, the Fence should normally only spoil the Player and the Secret Massage only appear on the inner Side.

The Switch to open it was in that Build a awkwardly placed Switch on the Torch outside.

On the newest it is a hidden shootable Switch behind of a Eye Obstacle. It will be seeable from the Wall you can walk up.

As the Door from the blue Key can only be opened from one Side at the Build you played, it was also a Missable :>

The Lift after the Teleport is only there to give the Archvile Time to ressurect Monsters.

I put a Mancubus on the other Side of the Way with the Chaingunners because of you.

Seemed to easy to run away :P

I will also look how i can add a bit more Spice to the Fight with the Revs. and the Spideys seemed so helpless.

Btw. it the Argonauts Garden

8126e08d6143d705e3ade95d889f4bbf--jason-

Rest of the Map will be given more Details here and there, some minor Population and Doors/Ways will open different to lead the Player (inclusive said Population of Areas where the Player should head to).

For Vanilla/Choclate.

Seems i got rid of everything that was causing Errors (or found some Trickery to it hehe).

Edit:

Ah, the spawn of the Monsters at the Pillars happens after you collect the Ammonition on the Wall at the other Side.

Works as intended to give a Fight there and later something to ressurect for the Archvile.

Edited by Azuris

Its june 30th, deadline is today, i have work to do, i have a dad that wants me to follow him to every friend he visits, i have a map to make to this, and its only halfway done... Please lord help me contain this stress

holy hell did it turn out large on dw. the preview would not load so I have no clue if this will work when i press the sumit reply button.

@forgettable pyromaniac It is four hours to midnight here, is it okay if I go over the deadline by an hour or two ? I need to make dinner. :-P

As a proof, what I have left is the area between the two halfs and becuse the map is linear monsters will be easy too add. I also have couple old half finished small maps lying around one which I was thinking of converting to a multiplayer arena for deathmatch.

BMkT3xr.png

Edited by NeedHealth

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSD11DCjpjwhtNkDTkmya3VqabAcw?e=mnX0nP

So the latest Version, i would need to playtest it myself again (only once in the newest Iteration) and others to do it also :P

I would call it nearly finished, so i would ask kindly for more Time, at least to see maybe some Feedback and balance it out with that.

The additional Textures in this Wad are made by myself, most are from Stuff in my Apartment (white "Marmor", Woman, big golden Emblem) and some from a roman Village i took Pictures of (red Pictures, golden Decorations, Tiles).

6 minutes ago, Azuris said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSD11DCjpjwhtNkDTkmya3VqabAcw?e=mnX0nP

So the latest Version, i would need to playtest it myself again (only once in the newest Iteration) and others to do it also :P

I would call it nearly finished, so i would ask kindly for more Time, at least to see maybe some Feedback and balance it out with that.

The additional Textures in this Wad are made by myself, most are from Stuff in my Apartment (white "Marmor", Woman, big golden Emblem) and some from a roman Village i took Pictures of (red Pictures, golden Decorations, Tiles).

I can playtest it too if you want

DSDA_2022.06.30_21.59.52_doom2.18-morifb.lmp.zip Heres a demo made from me playtesting. it was recorded in DSDA-DooM. I found it fun, even tho i died twice and didnt finish it (tho died near the end). I did find the giant amount of teleporting enemies a bit annoying, but thats personal. Other than a few texture mistakes there was no big error in the map. Good job!

I don't have the time or energy to continue on my map, I'm really sorry. This project is awesome and I wish the best of luck to you all. 

I might be willing to map something for the slot of Dusty, but what would be the new deadline for those that haven't finished ?

1 hour ago, Endless said:

I might be willing to map something for the slot of Dusty, but what would be the new deadline for those that haven't finished ?

I'd throw in another week for ya.

2 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I don't have the time or energy to continue on my map, I'm really sorry. This project is awesome and I wish the best of luck to you all. 

finish it when you're a bit mor energized <3 just realized what you actually meant, whoops. :p

Edited by forgettable pyromaniac : wdwewfge

10 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

I'd throw in another week for ya.

finish it when you're a bit mor energized <3

Awesome. I think I can make it then!

Map 4: Overtaken Command Center

Finished map 4, or so it stands at the moment. Person working on the music was having trouble sending it, but should have them added for this and the other map soon.

map26: Tralfamadorians

Updated this one so it can be hopefully a proper map26. 

Any notes would be appreciated. 

Edit note: map26 is titled tralfmap4 but I assure you it is map26. Forgot to fix that.

Popping in to say that Map31 is pretty close to being finished, but it's not quite there yet in several respects. At this stage the regular exit is in and should be accessible, but the secret exit is still gonna require some work. On top of that, I haven't done much testing, so there'll likely be bugs and things that'll need to be tweaked or altered. Shouldn't take more than a week at most, but that's how it is.

And just in case you'd like proof that the map is comin' along, here's a pic of what it looks like now:

Spoiler

MI31pic2.jpg.24282975324918ee02576a4eb4397ddb.jpg