Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

[Community Project] Morior Invictus (It's fucking done, finally.)

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

What's up with the maps? Just curious :) thank you

I believe it's done, the last version I posted is the RC. Tested it multiple times, even tested it again now on chocky, just one last time (you never know), and everything seems to work. The only crash I had was when I was noclipping around, and maybe looked at too much of the map at once. Don't think that's too much of a problem.

here's the download again if u need it

If you need anything else plz tell me :D

edit-

@forgettable pyromaniac oops quoted from the wrong comment, my bad!

2 hours ago, Luleta said:

there's literally ONE single texture that i found out is wrong. you can ONLY see it by doing an AVJ on the cave.

it's such a petty thing i didn't feel like fixing it, but i could if you want me to :D

here's a screenshot:

No need on that front - what's the song though? I can't seem to find a mention of it. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Savarin said:

I believe it's done, the last version I posted is the RC. Tested it multiple times, even tested it again now on chocky, just one last time (you never know), and everything seems to work. The only crash I had was when I was noclipping around, and maybe looked at too much of the map at once. Don't think that's too much of a problem.

Shoudln't be, yeah. What was the name of the level/song name? Thx

On 6/1/2022 at 7:34 PM, Luleta said:

midi: "the sick ward" from blood 

@forgettable pyromaniac

:D

there ya go

i think the song may not have a specific name but it does play on that level and if people look for it they should be able to find it

2 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

damn lol
im a dumbass aparently - sorry, I wanna make sure I get everything documented right ^^>

no worries, lots of things to keep in mind as a project lead :3

don't be afraid to ask for help 

51 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

What was the name of the level/song name? Thx

Name: Guidance

Midi: Shetland Mine - LieN from Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (transcribed by Tails19935)

The midi file is also included on the download btw

Alright, and about map30:

Me and Sr_Ludicolo were planning on finally wringing together some people into a DM on here to figure out the plan for map30 - anyone want to help out?
Leme know :)

8 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Me and Sr_Ludicolo were planning on finally wringing together some people into a DM on here to figure out the plan for map30 - anyone want to help out?

Id love to help but with my personal stress levels at an all time high, and the resent stresses of some difficulties in ramp2022 (Which has now been resolved), i dont wanna exhaust myself with more stuff to work on.

11 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

I'd certainly enjoy working a map30 collab!

12 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

I would like to try.

22 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

I'd love to lend a hand with that.

On 7/10/2022 at 5:26 AM, forgettable pyromaniac said:

A few tags -
@DiR @Azuris @Doomkid @NeedHealth @Savarin

What's up with the maps? Just curious :) thank you

@Luleta @King Know-Nothing
From the look of it, they were almost done but y'all were making some small differences - is that still the case or are they done? Thanks :)

I would say that I'm almost done, but I'm trying not to post too many screenshots because I don't want to spoil the whole map just yet. I'm still working on making the visplanes and drawsegs play nice with some of the level geometry since I think I pushed the detailing a little bit too far for a vanilla map.

Edit: Also, I'm composing my own MIDI for the map but that's a little bit stuck at the moment. I'm going to shift focus onto the music once the map's done though so I don't have anything to show in that regard.

Got an update to Map31, here. Most of the level is unchanged save a few visual tweaks here and there. The most noteworthy addition is that I added a deathmatch arena to the map. There's a few screenshots for it below.

I've only made one deathmatch arena before this one, so I'm mostly guessing on how many pickups and whatnot there should be. 'Course this one had a bit of inspiration, but I still placed most of the Things without any reference. As always, thoughts are welcome.

Download: https://wadhosting.com/Wad/05E69F225AE7C57CCD379242975A0CCCD1661358

Screenshorts:

Spoiler

doom25.png.b9c3840eebd9c5b78663a01e154c0de0.png

doom24.png.005e96ab4dec5d573d714ded397d9d4d.png

doom26.png.574d3d8a9694f7e1588fb72107101439.png

On 7/9/2022 at 4:26 PM, forgettable pyromaniac said:

@King Know-Nothing
From the look of it, they were almost done but y'all were making some small differences - is that still the case or are they done? Thanks :)

Sorry for the late reply. Got super sick and have been working on recovering and dealing with work so some things slipped into the rearview. As far as my levels, its just the music, which I will get up soon, but they are in and of themselves, fully playable with intended design unless someone points something out to me that needs to be reworked.

Alright, here's my thoughts:

- Anyone who's map is done or whatever, feel free to throw it over. I've been really out of it and haven't been paying attention, and have only recently started properly looking at DW again.
- My plan is that anyone who can't or doesn't want to complete their maps, I'll bang out a map at some point for your slot, so this thing can finally be released proper.

- For the people doing map30, if you still want to finish your part of the level, go ahead, if not, I'll take over for you.

- Anyone who wants to be of assistance, feel free to hit me in DMs on here.

- This thing will be released at some point, mark my words... Just not right now, as I think I honestly handled this terribly, and I apologize for that.

- As repentance, anyone who doesn't want to work on their map anymore or doesn't have one, I'll be fine in taking over for you.
- Once again, sorry I didn't handle this better. Mental health is a bitch and I took a while to just do what I wanted to do until my head felt better, of which it still doesn't but it's at least workable.

That is all. Thanks to everyone who helped with the wad. I'll be sure to throw some updates around at some point. In the meantime, go replay the original Momento Mori.

<3

-fp
(P.S. I'm fine, don't ask "Oh are you okay?" because I'm fine. Just needed a break.)

WIll be throwing down a few tags here, so people who don't have finished maps can see/read the above message.

If your map was finished before, and I missed it, feel free to just throw the link at my face so it's incredibly obvious where it is. Thanks.

@King Know-Nothing @DiR @Doomkid @NeedHealth @Blexor

Map27 is complete, just too lazy to update right now.

Once again, thanks for all the help, guys. This wouldn't have ever happened without any of your help,

... God damn that sounds sappy.

but yeah, that's that.

It's Map31 you're looking for from me, right? Should be finished now, I think. Last update was the one with the deathmatch arena. I'll post the link here again for convenience's sake: https://wadhosting.com/Wad/05E69F225AE7C57CCD379242975A0CCCD1661358

And in regards to Map30: Could I ask who was meant to be working on that? I know I said I was interested at some point or another, and I'm not sure if that means I should have been working on something for it. I so, I confess that I haven't done anything so far.

4 hours ago, Blexor said:

It's Map31 you're looking for from me, right? Should be finished now, I think. Last update was the one with the deathmatch arena. I'll post the link here again for convenience's sake: https://wadhosting.com/Wad/05E69F225AE7C57CCD379242975A0CCCD1661358

And in regards to Map30: Could I ask who was meant to be working on that? I know I said I was interested at some point or another, and I'm not sure if that means I should have been working on something for it. I so, I confess that I haven't done anything so far.

I threw some people in a dm. one person left, so if you want me to throw you in, just say the word.

Edited by forgettable pyromaniac : idiot

On 8/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, forgettable pyromaniac said:

I threw some people in a dm. one person left, so if you want me to throw you in, just say the word.

Sure.

On 9/11/2022 at 9:28 AM, noob_killer012345678 said:

seeing as map 18 and map 20 still are unfinished, perhaps I could find some time to squeeze in a map for those slots? Not a guarantee tho

18 is being built by @Minifridgeinthia, didnt update. i just finished map20 over here. maybe a spot in map30, if no updates happen soon.

Edited by forgettable pyromaniac : I type good

update from my bed:

if I don't get an update from @Yumheart or @NeedHealth about Map30 soon, their spots in the map will be opened. other two maps seem to be getting worked on. I'll let NK know about if any map opens up, and if anyone else wants to raise their hand to be if assistance in the case where something opens up, that would be appreciated.

Thanks to you all :)