Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gianluco

Changing music mid-level

Question

I want to make it so that, when entering a specific part of a map, the music changes. How do I do it? I've found a thing called MusicChanger on the Zdoom wiki, but i don't know how it works

Edited by Gianluco

15 answers to this question

idk what format you are using but if yiu can use ACS here is a script that should do it:

Spoiler

#include "zcommon.acs"
script 1 (void)
{
SetMusic("[MUSIC NAME HERE]",0,0);
}

Give a line the action 80 and choose script number one in the parameters and that should do it. I have no idea what MusicChangers are so I can't help you with that. If you have any questions let me know. (don't forget to remove the square brackets in the script just keep the quotation marks)

56 minutes ago, msx2plus said:

re: MusicChangers, those are for PrBoom+, dsda-doom, etc. they require a MUSINFO lump. the info for their use is here https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:MusicChanger + https://zdoom.org/wiki/MUSINFO

Doombuilder doesn't help it by having somewhat flaky Boom/MBF support. While you can place them by ID, there's no inbuilt MusicChanger things while under the Boom format (technically it isn't a part of the spec, but it's essentially a part of every Boom-compatible sourceport anyone's gonna be using), we get the also-not-in-spec sky transfer lines from MBF, but not the helper dogs or friendly flag, despite again MBF being the version of Boom pretty much everything supports. You can mostly fix it by editing the configs manually, but then it goes and breaks it slightly every update.

10 hours ago, azerty said:

Give a line the action 80 and choose script number one in the parameters

How do I do the second one? I gave the linedef action 80 (which is related to brightness for some reason), but I don't know where to find the parameters. There is a script tab on the right, but I don't know how to add a script.

2 minutes ago, azerty said:

Sorry for that it's action 80 for UDMF what format are u using?

Boom : Doom 2 (Doom Format)

Oh wait, I just noticed the UDMF one, is it better?

1 minute ago, azerty said:

Sorry friend but this won't work. Boom doesn't support ACS scripting.

I'm trying to switch to UDMF and see if it causes any issues. Are there any common ones that may happen?

Not that I know of. But if you are a beginner it might be a bit intimidating because there is so much  that changes so I don't really recommend it but if you absolutely want to well then go for it. Sorry for all this trouble I am trying to figure out what these MusicChangers are but I really don't get it. 

2 minutes ago, azerty said:

Not that I know of. But if you are a beginner it might be a bit intimidating because there is so much  that changes so I don't really recommend it but if you absolutely want to well then go for it. Sorry for all this trouble I am trying to figure out what these MusicChangers are but I really don't get it. 

Don't worry, btw I've just noticed that all linedef action are fucked up now lol, I'm gonna fix them

Oh sorry I didn't know that probably because the action numbers didn't change but they have a different meaning in UDMF than in boom

58 minutes ago, azerty said:

Oh sorry I didn't know that probably because the action numbers didn't change but they have a different meaning in UDMF than in boom

Where do I put the ACS code?

Edit: nvm I've figured it out

Edited by Gianluco