Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kute

I cannot believe how good people can be at this game

I'm not pumping air into the guy's tires but the last 10 minutes of this is shocking to me. I can't believe this. And there's no like, system, it's not planned out, it's not a speedrun that's been hammered into the ground and there's nothing left but better execution. Just a stupidly skilled dude handling a murderers row of the game's most threatening, buffed up heavies while dancing on the edge of the map. He makes everything look so neutered, but you all know how easily things can get out of hand

I'm not going to rewatch but I'm pretty sure he does it in this video

Anyone know how you land lock-on against a marauder?

I swear he just SSG/grenades and then gets lockon into the stun - but no matter what I just can't reproduce it. Anyone have any experience with that? Seems like the easiest way to delete marauders

19 hours ago, Kute said:

Anyone know how you land lock-on against a marauder? 

I'm not sure what ZeroMaster does specifically in the video, but one technique is to:

(1) Lock-On onto the Marauder, (2) aim for the sky when firing, (3) shoot the exposed Marauder with the Ballista (the Marauder will be busy trying to block the Lock-On), (4) the now-faltered Marauder will take all three hits from the Lock-On earlier. This technique is fairly consistent once you nail the timing down and is practically guaranteed damage if you can set it up, although it doesn't instantly kill the Marauder.

Another technique involving the Lock-On, which does kill the Marauder in one cycle, is a bit more difficult and requires a bit of set-up, goes like this:

(1) Arbalest the Marauder when his eyes flash green, (2) toss two Frag Grenades in sequence, (3) while tossing Frag Grenades, shoot two Lock-On Bursts in sequence. This technique is enough damage to kill the Marauder in one cycle, although the timing is a lot more strict and the execution is a bit more complicated.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:10 PM, Caffeine Freak said:

Zero Master isn't human.

exactly. It's like questioning how a calculator does math.

4 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

I'm not sure what ZeroMaster does specifically in the video, but one technique is to:

(1) Lock-On onto the Marauder, (2) aim for the sky when firing, (3) shoot the exposed Marauder with the Ballista (the Marauder will be busy trying to block the Lock-On), (4) the now-faltered Marauder will take all three hits from the Lock-On earlier. This technique is fairly consistent once you nail the timing down and is practically guaranteed damage if you can set it up, although it doesn't instantly kill the Marauder.

Another technique involving the Lock-On, which does kill the Marauder in one cycle, is a bit more difficult and requires a bit of set-up, goes like this:

(1) Arbalest the Marauder when his eyes flash green, (2) toss two Frag Grenades in sequence, (3) while tossing Frag Grenades, shoot two Lock-On Bursts in sequence. This technique is enough damage to kill the Marauder in one cycle, although the timing is a lot more strict and the execution is a bit more complicated.

I had seen the sky shot in action and wondered what the trick was. That makes sense.

Thanks a ton.