Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beezee88

PSX Doom Emulator

Is there such a thing? I think it would be really cool to play the remodelled Doom 1 and 2 maps on PC (I broke my Playstation). The Ultimate Doom maps were especially cool, as they were filled with all the Doom 2 bad guys as well, and some of the really ugly level design was redone to be more realistic (E1M3 Yellow door area makes it very obvious). Can anyone help?

Well, emulators themselves are legal but ROMS, except public domain ROMS, are not, so, therefore, if there was a ROM for PSX Doom, we could not URL you to it anyway. Play Console Doom by Kaiser, which has levels from PSX Doom and Doom 64.

Why would he need a ROM if he evidently has a copy of PSX Doom? Playing a game you already legally own on your computer in an emulator is perfectly legal.

Anyways, here's a page with several PSX emulators: http://www.zophar.net/psx.html
Whether they'll work with PSX Doom is anyone's guess.

A note about PSX emulators, the emulator itself is legal but in order to run any Playstation games at all it needs a copy of the PSX BIOS. Which is illegal unless you own a Playstation.

Not that anyone here truly cares. Just don't post links to any ilegal soft and we won't hurt you.

IMJack said:

A note about PSX emulators, the emulator itself is legal but in order to run any Playstation games at all it needs a copy of the PSX BIOS. Which is illegal unless you own a Playstation.

Not that anyone here truly cares. Just don't post links to any ilegal soft and we won't hurt you.

Bleem is an exception because they wrote their own BIOS (or so ive read). So that one's perfectly acceptable. Too bad that emulator sucks. Also, if you own a PSX, then you're allowed to copy the BIOS yourself (again, so I have read). I believe the instructions are listed somewhere on that site or one of its links.

i think you should try ePSXe.. its what i use, im living in France right now with my lovely French g/f but we fried my power converter playing the PS2 too long lol + i bought (dirt cheep!) PSX Final Doom in PAL format.. so anyway d/l ePSXe 1.5.2 and the ePSXeCutor its a nice lil front-end AND BE SURE to d/l the PSEmu Plugins!! ePSXe works with them and it'll make ePSXe run soo much better :)

could never get PSEmu to run.. damn XP :( but i got a PSX to PC converter for the controller only $15 from lik-sang.com in Japan! :D

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/

and you'll just have to look on the net or KaZaA for PSX BIOS

PSX Doom ROCKS!!

PS only ppl who own a PS should look for and/or d/l the bios

PPS give me your e-mail or send one to dodada90@hotmail.com and if i can sort thru all my spam!!! i could e-mail my bios (their are 2 really good ones, cos some games have probs with one so i use the other and its fine!)

PPPS please dont ban me! i'll edit my post if need be!!! :)

Yeah, I'd second the recommendation of ePSXe. Takes a little while to set up (picking the right plug-ins to suit your machine and so on) but once it's done it works very well.

I found a bios file very quickly with the help of Google, and I haven't found a PSX game that I can't run with it yet.