Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bowsertime28

any reccomendations for mods to play while in quarantine?

im bored, so i wanted to try a few gzdoom or zandronum (3.0, too lazy to download 3.1) mods

heres what i already have saved:

-russian overkill (beaten it a few times on hardest difficulty)

-guncaster(toooo confusing)

-brutal doom(a little boring after a while)

-reelism gold and reelism 2(already got bored, lol)

-metadoom(beaten it a few times, again)

-freedoom and doom 1/doom 2(freedoom is EXTREMELY tedious and doom 1/doom 2 already beaten)

-mega man 8 bit deathmatch(beaten already)

-golden souls 1 and 2(golden souls 1 done, golden souls 2 is too difficult for me)

-sunlust(done with russian overkill on highest skill, also beating this without spamming saves is impossible)

-no chance(same as above)

-sonic robo blast 2 (im terrible at sonic robo blast 2)

-probably some other mods i forgot to mention

(please dont submit any nsfw mods, im stuck in online school and my parents do check on me... oh and did i mention that some teachers don't to join online classes here? thats why im playing doom during online classes)

(oh and dont submit hd mods and stuff, i have a potato pc, and idc about graphics that much)

So your parents are cool with you screwing off during class, just not with NSFW mods.

Russian Overkill is a gameplay mod, it doesn't have levels, so how do you 'beat' it? Unless you just mean beat the original IWADs using it. Try using it on huge fanmade slaughter maps like Okuplok.

46 minutes ago, Bowsertime28 said:

im bored, so i wanted to try a few gzdoom or zandronum (3.0, too lazy to download 3.1) mods

heres what i already have saved:

-russian overkill (beaten it a few times on hardest difficulty)

-guncaster(toooo confusing)

-brutal doom(a little boring after a while)

-reelism gold and reelism 2(already got bored, lol)

-metadoom(beaten it a few times, again)

-freedoom and doom 1/doom 2(freedoom is EXTREMELY tedious and doom 1/doom 2 already beaten)

-mega man 8 bit deathmatch(beaten already)

-golden souls 1 and 2(golden souls 1 done, golden souls 2 is too difficult for me)

-sunlust(done with russian overkill on highest skill, also beating this without spamming saves is impossible)

-no chance(same as above)

-sonic robo blast 2 (im terrible at sonic robo blast 2)

-probably some other mods i forgot to mention

(please dont submit any nsfw mods, im stuck in online school and my parents do check on me... oh and did i mention that some teachers don't to join online classes here? thats why im playing doom during online classes)

(oh and dont submit hd mods and stuff, i have a potato pc, and idc about graphics that much)

You should play graved when it comes out

I recommend the Batman TC from the 90s. Despite its age it has aged very well and is still insanely impressive feature and content wise, especially for fans of Batman. It’s loosely inspired by the Knightfall storyline, seeming to take place at the conclusion of that comic trilogy after Bruce Wayne returns from being crippled by Bane and reclaimed the mantle of Batman from Azrael. This is a fairly tame mod when it comes to gore and violence, so it would be the least offensive mod I could think of. 

If you’re not a fan of Batman then I recommend the Zombies TC, also from the 90s. It is essentially Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead as a first person shooter. It hasn’t aged as well as the Batman TC, but it is still loads of fun and has a great Goblin-inspired soundtrack. Note this is a very gory mod even for its time, and may not be as suitable for playing in school, but I still recommend it. 

4 minutes ago, 7Mahonin said:

I recommend the Batman TC from the 90s. Despite its age it has aged very well and is still insanely impressive feature and content wise, especially for fans of Batman. It’s loosely inspired by the Knightfall storyline, seeming to take place at the conclusion of that comic trilogy after Bruce Wayne returns from being crippled by Bane and reclaimed the mantle of Batman from Azrael. 

Second to that. It's an awesome mod, 100% recommended

Spoiler

Herian 2

Pirate Doom

2002 A Doom Odyssey

Shadow over the Pathoras

Zone 400

Akeldama

Bloodstain

Nihility

Eternal Doom III

TNTR

Speed of Doom

Hellground

Resurgence

Axiom

Curse of D'sparil

Vrack

Caverns of Darkness

Deadly Standards 3

CPD

Good Morning Phobos

Gehenna

Infraworld: Hatehammer

Ozonia

Dimension of the Boomed

Elf gets pissed

Community Chest 1,3

Phobos: Anomaly Reborn

Hellscapes

1 Monster

ZBloody Hell

EDIT:

Hell Revealed 2

Revolution!

EDIT2:

Memento Mori 1,2, Requiem

All Hell is breaking loose

3 is a crowd

Edited by SilverMiner

Thatcher's Techbase. If you despise Margaret Thatcher as much as I do, it is cathartic to kill a giant Thatcher demon.

3 hours ago, SilverMiner said:
  Hide contents

Herian 2

Pirate Doom

2002 A Doom Odyssey

Shadow over the Pathoras

Zone 400

Akeldama

Bloodstain

Nihility

Eternal Doom III

TNTR

Speed of Doom

Hellground

Resurgence

Axiom

Curse of D'sparil

Vrack

Caverns of Darkness

Deadly Standards 3

CPD

Good Morning Phobos

Gehenna

Infraworld: Hatehammer

Ozonia

Dimension of the Boomed

Elf gets pissed

Community Chest 1,3

Phobos: Anomaly Reborn

Hellscapes

1 Monster

ZBloody Hell

EDIT:

Hell Revealed 2

Revolution!

EDIT2:

Memento Mori 1,2, Requiem

All Hell is breaking loose

3 is a crowd

Yes, yes, and yes. Definitely go with this list OP  I was going to make one but Silver Miner took most of what I was going to say (and didn't endlessly ramble like I would've). 

To add some more: 32Inch Nails and Gravity by Eternal are excellent and short enough to play in an afternoon. Some nice old school ones are also Perdition's Gate and Hell2Pay. 

6 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

You should be using your school time to make Doom wads, like us good students did!!!

Yes, but on the other hand you need to eat something if you wanna crap something out. I'd go for a 50%/50% of playing and mapping.

I'm only 6 maps in, but Augur;Zenith is fantastic not only in terms of the aesthetics but also the design of the bigger fights. If you like a cyberpunk or 80s style aesthetic at all, you can't go wrong. Or if you like quick maps that just are tightly designed.

Edit: Tho I should say, if you're big on having a challenge, you'll want to Pistol Start the maps. The mappers have tended to be very, very generous with resources over the first 6 maps.

13 hours ago, dasho said:

So your parents are cool with you screwing off during class, just not with NSFW mods.

i have teachers that are too lazy to join the online classes

13 hours ago, Gothic said:

Isolation: Strain 1 & 2. It is basically complete, but it hasn't been officially released.

imma try it a bit with regular doom then switch it on russian overkill if there isnt too much damaging floor/ hitscan

uh uh uhhhh alien vendetta

On 2/21/2022 at 11:10 AM, dasho said:

meh, school's for chumps