Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

No more speedmapping :(

Either next Friday or Saturday, I'm going to be going back to university, and so I'll no long have my own internet connection. Obviously this means I won't be able to hold any more speedmapping sessions. There would have been one final one tommorow, but I'm be going away for a couple of days, so unfortunately there won't be.

BUT... maybe someone else could take over. This is what you'd have to do:

1) Decide on a regular time and place to hold the sessions.

2) Advertise a little each week (a single post in the DW forums will do).

3) Come up with a new speedmapping theme each week.

4) Announce it at the beginning of the session, but be willing to compromise if no-one likes it.

5) Answer any questions people have during the session.

6) Compile the finished speedmaps into one wad, write a text file and upload it somewhere.

Anyone interested? If so, reply here.

Heh, looks like I only got to do it once, then. Oh well, it wasn't my favorite thing to do, I really need tons of time to work on maps.

Aw fuck. I was just starting to get into it.

I'd be glad to do it, but that would mean I couldn't join in with the mapping. :/

the_Danarchist said:

I'd be glad to do it, but that would mean I couldn't join in with the mapping. :/

No it wouldnt - if you cheat and start your level early, the only person you're really cheating is yourself :)

NiGHTMARE said:

No it wouldnt - if you cheat and start your level early, the only person you're really cheating is yourself :)

Heh, yeah. But it's still cheating nonetheless.

When you assemble the maps, do you just have participants e-mail their wads to you, or do you have some FTP set up? If the former, it shouldn't be too hard to organize the event. The hard part's the idea, I guess.

the_Danarchist said:

Oh yeah BTW, will there be speedmapping tomorrow?

NiGHTMARE said:

There would have been one final one tommorow, but I'm be going away for a couple of days, so unfortunately there won't be.

heh

Ultraviolet said:

When you assemble the maps, do you just have participants e-mail their wads to you, or do you have some FTP set up? If the former, it shouldn't be too hard to organize the event. The hard part's the idea, I guess.

It's just email or DCC sometimes. I feel the same as Danarchist, I'd do it but I'd miss the mapping itself.

Heh...seems like Baldy may have taken over. He did one this morning at noon West Coast US time. (Linkage on the DW main page). Don't know if he's going to do anymore though.

I'm pretty sure I can talk Baldy into doing it once I get on IRC tonight. Maybe I could bribe him with an unbanning, though probably not :)