Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Missing textures???

Okay, this is really bugging me.

I recently added two textures from Doom2, Bigbrik1 and Brick10 into my episode using WinTex. I copied the patches first, then I copied the textures, and everything seemed to be running fine. Then, I put Bigbrik1 in a level using WadAuthor, just assigned them to a line like usual, and that worked fine too. The texture browser showed the picture, and it was the right picture and everything. WA didn't detect any "missing texture" errors, so then I went to see what it looked like in the game.

This is where it got fucked up. I used PRBoom to load the wad, and where the Bigbrik1 textures should have been, it gave me the HOM that usually occurs when there's a missing texture. But the textures, according to both WA and WinTex, should definitely be there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Are the textures and the level in the same wad? If not, make sure you are actually loading the texture wad in PRBoom. If they are both in the same wad, is it possible that WA deleted either the textures or TEXTURE1?

Yes, they are in the same wad. I double-checked after it first happened.

Texture1 and the textures in question are both still there, according to WinTex and WA, and both of the textures are contained in Texture1, so it should be working, but it's not o_O

Also, usually PRBoom crashes if there's a line with a texture that doesn't exist, giving the message "Texnumforname not found" or something like that. It didn't crash, meaning the texture exists within the wad, but for some reason the game doesn't show it.

This may be a little simplistic for you, but be sure you have the control info in your new map.

The pnames entry and the start and end entries.

If this is not it, I won't be much help on it.

Yup, they're definitely between PP_Start and PP_End, and they're also in the PNAMES lump. So, I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Oh, and the same thing happens in ZDoom, so it's not just the port being dumb.

tried the texture in other places in the map? It really hates this texture :D Make sure they correspond with the standard texture sizes, and you have patches for it. Dam maybe your linedef is refrencing away from your view point. Yep this is definatly a level design issue. Shift your linedefs, and put them in the middle slot. And the linedef points to you. Otherwise it could be an invalid or sector not closed. Whats your integrity checker spit out?