Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-x Kabal x-

Some dumb questions and crud.

FIRST OFF I THINK MY QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED QUICKER IF I PUT THEM ON GENERAL INSTEAD OF QUESTIONS, BASED ON HOW FREQUENTLY GENERAL IS VISITED.

I am a DooM veteran as far as playing the regular game. DLing levels, map editors, playing online and all of that I have never done.

My stepdad got rid of the old hard drive with all my old DooM games, and my copies are gone so I can't put them back on this hard drive.

1. Is there some kind of DooM 2 shareware I can get?
2. You can't download anything like zDoom, or get any levels and access them with shareware can you?
3. Is there anything in which I can download to enhance the coolness of my Final Doom (which has put DooM95 on my pc, so it's just DooM 95)?
4. Since (for now) I just have a 1.666 shareware version of DooM, and DooM 95, can I make any levels?

(BTW, don't just say, get the game, because I can't find them anywhere and I can't DL Kazaa on my pc for some stupid technical reason).

Thanksya.

-x Kabal x- said:

FIRST OFF I THINK MY QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED QUICKER IF I PUT THEM ON GENERAL INSTEAD OF QUESTIONS, BASED ON HOW FREQUENTLY GENERAL IS VISITED.

No.

1. Never existed.
2. No.
3. No, but you can do this: uninstall Doom95, find the dos version (in a subfolder on your cd) install that and then you can download ZDoom.
4. Yes, but only with Doom95 (not with 1.666 shareware), and even then you won't be able to use ZDoom. (as Doom95 is like another source port) But follow answer 3 and you will be able to use ZDoom.

You don't need to uninstall doom95 to install zdoom, and making levels that work with the shareware is illegal. Any source engine runs the shareware, but all the official ones and probably all the ports will not allow -file with the shareware IWAD.

-x Kabal x- said:

4. Since (for now) I just have a 1.666 shareware version of DooM, and DooM 95, can I make any levels?

You could make pwads for Final Doom (i.e. that work together with tnt.wad or plutonia.wad). That would limit your audience to those who have Final Doom, but I would imagine that a large proportion of Doomers have them.

-x Kabal x- said:

BTW, don't just say, get the game, because I can't find them anywhere

I imagine it is hard to find Doom 2 (even a repackaged "classic oldies" version) in the shops nowadays, but try here, and click on the "BUY IT" button.

EDIT: I'm not sure what issues there are with playing Doom2 wads with Plutonia/TNT and vice versa. Maybe only minor texturing problems?