Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-x Kabal x-

Can I put Zdoom on Doom 95?

...If Im mistaken correct me but, arent Both Zdoom And Doom 95 two different source ports? And also, may I ask as to why you need this? For the sake of knowing, ya know. :D

If you have doom.wad or doom2.wad then download ZDoom and unzip it into the directory you have the WAD files in. Then run. Then delete Doom95.

Doom 95 and ZDoom are indeed two separate source ports. You can use one or the other but not both at the same time. I'd recommend ZDoom 50x more than Doom 95.

You can't run them both at the same time, but you can certainly have them both installed at the same time. They don't interfere with each other in any way.

Judging from another recent post you made, you might be confusing Doom 95 with Final Doom. To run Zdoom with the Final Doom iwads, put all the relevant files in your Doom2 directory (or whatever), and start Zdoom with the command line
Zdoom -iwad plutonia.wad
or
Zdoom -iwad tnt.wad

Or just start Zdoom and then select the iwad from the list it offers you.

yea use zdoom, not only does it add features but it fixes many, many bugs in doom95. if u are concerned with the features being un-doom you can turn them off. if u are useing anything after win98 use a port. the originals will not work and if they do they may not work very well.

Sephiroth said:

if u are concerned with the features being un-doom you can turn them off.

If you want the gameplay as close as possible to the original, then PrBoom is the natural choice. Still, the question was about using Zdoom...