Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Arlene

New around here? Introduce Yourself!

Lol, I don't believe I'm quite new anymore, but I'm Ciara, I've been playing Doom since 1997 and joined because I noticed the DW Megawad club (that MtPain27 was participating in) and decided I'd like to be a part of that.

Some people here already know Me as BlackFyre, and I have been part of the Doom mapping community for a number of years now. In real life, I'm Sam, or Dr. Sam Kendrick Ellis III, MD, PhD if one has to be formal about it (I don't :-P ). I live in Cardiff with My SO Theresa, My three cats, and My grandson Tobias. My hobbies are martial arts, gaming (console and tabletop), and gourmet cooking.

Some stuff about me! :) 

My name is Joey Marquis! Im looking for some good friends. who have the same interests as i do. I love when it rains out side. Im a mellow and chill person. I listen to Metalcore, Deathcore, Crunkcore music. I am a femboy/bisexual person. I was born in the united states. Purple is my favorite color! I love watching anime! Drinking tons of coffee , monster energy drinks, tea , good old wine ( once in a blue moon lol. ) Favorite foods is pineapple pizza, bangles, peanut butter ice cream, lasagna! Right now im streaming tons of wads on my doom gaming channel. I just started. :) 

Hey, addicted to Doom Eternal and new to Doom mapping. Whats up?

Planning to share a map once completed. I read the forum about places to upload, but I'm having trouble picking out one that's good for me. Tips?

For works in progress, I use MediaFire or DropBox - once I'm ready to finalize it, then I'd upload it to Doomshack, Wadhosting and /idgames.

9 hours ago, spindel said:

Tips?

i'm using Catbox for years, for everything. you don't have to watch ad-filled pages, turn on javascript, cookies, and other crap to simply download the file. direct link simply starts the download, perfect.

I am Nikku4211. I've been playing Doom since 2012. I've more recently gotten into vanilla Doom and minimalist Doom source ports like Boom and MBF, as well as obscure ones like Fusion. I love weird mapping and DeHackEd tricks, too, as well as old-school Doom total and partial conversions.

I also like tracker music and the SNES a lot, too, and I draw a bit.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:38 AM, Nikku4211 said:

I am Nikku4211. I've been playing Doom since 2012. I've more recently gotten into vanilla Doom and minimalist Doom source ports like Boom and MBF, as well as obscure ones like Fusion. I love weird mapping and DeHackEd tricks, too, as well as old-school Doom total and partial conversions.

I also like tracker music and the SNES a lot, too, and I draw a bit.

Well gee don't you look familiar ;3

29 minutes ago, StupidBunny said:

Well gee don't you look familiar ;3

Was thinking the same thing. I have seen that name and avatar before on doomworld. But the account says they only joined yesterday.

No, actually I know Nikku4211 from another site, mostly from a long while ago.  Not sure if he knows me though lol but thought it was funny and kinda nice to suddenly see him in both places.

55 minutes ago, StupidBunny said:

No, actually I know Nikku4211 from another site, mostly from a long while ago.  Not sure if he knows me though lol but thought it was funny and kinda nice to suddenly see him in both places.

I have a similar situation like that with valkiriforce who I spotted during my second month here when I saw the thread about his terrific megaWAD, Akeldama getting some new activity as it was nearly finished at the time. We both used to be on the old forum I used to frequent before DW, though I only know Valk by reputation and his old videos as he was pretty much a ghost at that point and didn't post anymore. No doubt he was spending more time making his awesome WADs over here. I don't recall him ever showing up on the old forum during my time there, so I doubt he recognises me either. It's still a funny coincidence. :^P

Edited by Biodegradable

10 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Was thinking the same thing. I have seen that name and avatar before on doomworld. But the account says they only joined yesterday.

If you've seen my name before, it's probably because of my map's appearance in JoM 4. I used to be in the JoM Discord years ago.

During that era, I also gave 7Soul a MIDI I made using OpenMPT of Evanescence's 'My Heart is Broken' for a Boom confinement map.

I'm Patrick and I'm based in the UK. Finally got a good PC recently and I have joined the Doom Eternal train as well. 

2 minutes ago, dagainz said:

I'm Patrick and I'm based in the UK. Finally got a good PC recently and I have joined the Doom Eternal train as well. 

Welcome

Well, hello... I'm Mike Grueman (a pseudonym of course), and I like DOOM. I've been into DOOM for 9 years now, and have been a lurker here for just as long. 

I've wanted to create WADs for a long time, only recently getting the actual time and energy to. 

I hope to meet y'all and have a jolly good time here.

Welcome! Don't forget to leave your soul over at the front desk there.

Welcome to Doomworld comrad. Enjoy your stay, have fun with DOOM and remember that the longer the Icon of Sin is on Earth, the stronger he will become

Welcome to Dooms Gate. Grab your SSG and lets bring Hell to its knees!

I've been here since April but I never introduced myself, so here it goes:

Hello Doomworld, my name's Theodore aka Teo Slayer. I've been in DOOM since the quarantine started and it became my favourite game of all time. I love its details, maps, weapons, music, everything from it. I never get bored of playing DOOM and I enjoy trying your WADs and Mods. I also like how this fandom express its love for DOOM by creating maps instead of trying to find ways to destroy DOOM

Anyway, that's all folks

18 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

I've been here since April but I never introduced myself, so here it goes:

Hello Doomworld, my name's Theodore aka Teo Slayer. I've been in DOOM since the quarantine started and it became my favourite game of all time. I love its details, maps, weapons, music, everything from it. I never get bored of playing DOOM and I enjoy trying your WADs and Mods. I also like how this fandom express its love for DOOM by creating maps instead of trying to find ways to destroy DOOM

Anyway, that's all folks

Welcome as well! 

22 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

I also like how this fandom express its love for DOOM by creating maps instead of trying to find ways to destroy DOOM

because we mostly know most ways to destroy it for decades already. it's not fun anymore. ;-)

So that explains the shadowy figure in the bushes I have been seeing from time to time. Welcome.