Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Arlene

New around here? Introduce Yourself!

Hi there, I joined on June 2, 2000 and was very active on the boards off and on for much of the 2000s. These days I visit much more sporadically and I don't play Doom much anymore (play a lot of Angband instead). I used to play and map an inordinate amount, but I've only had a few notable releases (Greenwar DM was a solo effort, Greenwar II involved a very talented team of detailers, and DTWID was a community project I started). I'm thinking about making a map for Doom's upcoming birthday. Been too long since I made a map and I've been having tons of mapping ideas lately.

How is it hanging guys?

Mantequilla here, been lurking around the forums a few weeks/months. LOOOONG time doom player and fanatic. Love that this forum exists, only wish I had found it a decade ago lol

Look forward to everything this lace brings my way 

On 12/16/2021 at 2:46 AM, LaughingSnowman said:

Hello, I've been playing Doom since about 1996... I'm getting old lol.

Welcome to doomworld

There are people in the community who are way older

I really wanted to post in this thread for a long time, so I thought this is a good time to do it.

Hi, my name is lokbustam257, I make some meh tier slaughter map and city map with 128x128 sector chair and cars in vanilla.

Currently working on a 7 level PWAD with an estimated release date of 25 July 2065.

Edited by lokbustam257 : there is no blue fish anymore

So, to be honest. Still not completely comfortable with the idea posting on forums but here. We're ANonThingie and we, umm, we're a fairly sheltered entity. We don't really like being in big environments but we also wanted to try and find an audience, or at least a place for our maps. So, yeah... Hi *is clearly in a defensive position*

Every fucking time I go to this thread I wanna re-introduce myself. I'm Retro, and I love Doom. I'm interested fairly enough in GTA, FNAF, Sonic, and Doom, of course. Started playing Doom around June, and I make awfully annoying slaughtermaps (not anymore). My dad introduced me to Doom. That's it.

Hey up all. I was all growed up when Doom came out. I made maps for it. Then Quake came out....

20+ years later I clicked on a Doom video by some fella called decino (who?) by accident.

20+ mins later I've dusted off DB 2 and I'm doing that click click click thing again!

I've made a sh1t ton of maps over the years, and I'm currently doing a Megawad. I've released 2 maps to test the waters, Marble Madness I & II

Anyways, that's me saying hello. Stay safe.

Heya, I'm new. For a while I've been interested in Doom, but never really delved that deep into it, past playing some wacky mods like Reelism or Russian Overkill with my friends every now and then. More recently however I've started to really get into it, I've started watching youtubers like Mtpain27 with his Dean of Doom series, and I've been occasionally watching decino play through some of the Megawads I've heard so much about. I've also started my journey in beating Doom 1 & 2 from pistol start, all secrets and kills on UV, which has been really rewarding, since I used to just snowball through levels with the stuff I'd gotten from other ones. Right now I'm trying to learn the map layouts and secret locations throughout The Shores of Hell, and it's going pretty good. I also finally decided to make an account on here, after lurking for a while, so here I am! I hope that eventually I can become more accustomed to Doom and start enjoying some of the more challenging, exciting WADs out there, and join the ranks of some of the more experienced players on here. Cheers guys, have a good one!

Edited by sussin

Hi :) i have just started playing doom a few weeks ago. It must have triggered something in my tiny bird brain that made me wanna play all day.

I hope that everyone has a nice day :)

Sup. You can call me capatap, cap, capa, or cockatap. I like video games (obviously), slasher movies, and my favorite bands are Slipknot and Gorillaz. If you want to chat you can find my Discord in my profile and I usually reply quickly.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:20 PM, capatap said:

Sup. You can call me capatap, cap, capa, or cockatap. I like video games (obviously), slasher movies, and my favorite bands are Slipknot and Gorillaz. If you want to chat you can find my Discord in my profile and I usually reply quickly.

Gigan is my favorite Godzilla villain. Welcome!

15 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

Gigan is my favorite Godzilla villain. Welcome!

Thanks, man!

Hi. I've been playing Doom since october 2020. Decided to make an account here after a year of lurking. I fell in love with this game for it's community and other reasons I can't explain.

Pumpkin Man inspired me to play from pistol start, on UV, no saves, all kills and secrets. Sometimes it's very frustrating, but I don't regret my choice. So far I completed UDoom, Doom II, TNT and 24 levels of Plutonia.

I also make stuff from polymer clay, expect a revenant soon.

As far as I know, I've never done an Introduction here, so here we go.

Sup, hi, hello! Happy to be here, you can call me Wolf, or BladeWolf or whatever you like (the name's inspired by the Metal Gear character). I've been playing Doom and Quake since 2008 and joined the site around 3 years ago, and found a bunch of fun wads, and the people are nice here too :)

As for my other interests, I like heavy metal music, 80s retro-synthwave aesthetics (including music), reading books and writing stuff (essays, poems, literally anything that pops in my head), and still struggling to make basic doom maps :P

hey y'all! new here. played doom, quake, and chex quest years ago. i collect and research sci-fi from the 1960s and 1970s. i write wikipedia articles :P

Hi everyone!

I am Llednar, and I am someone who first encountered Doom long after its release. My first experience with it was GBA version in mid-2000s, than in, I think, 2013, I remembered the game and decided to try PC version. Which led to my several month long obsession, during which I played through all of the IWADs through GZDoom.

I recently saw decino videos, and decided to start my journey through PWADs, now with dsda-doom for more authentic experience.

I am not a native English speaker, so I am sorry if I sometimes speak weirdly or clumsily.

Outside of Doom, I am an avid gamer with not too mainstream, but not too unusual tastes, and a relatively big fantasy reader.

Hey there!

My name's YoshiGa and I'm very passionate about the things I enjoy. I've been playing Doom for about roughly 2 years now and my first experience with the series was through Doom 2 on Steam and my favourite entries to the series are Doom 64 and Eternal. I'm also a growing artist and an amatuer Doom modder looking to expand his skills some more.

Hi

I'm CWM and i'm an artist and shitty musician. Haven't been around the community for a while and only really started playing DooM and other games in the past two years, but I'm looking forward to learning more and possibly making my own wads and such. I like stuff like DooM, Postal, Half-Life, Unreal Tournament and just shooters and obscure and gory games in general. I also like punk, metal and alternative, so shit like Nirvana, Black Flag, Misfits, Melvins and stuff and anything related to horror. Hope to have a good time here!

Hello! I'm ZNukem some people know me as Z for short. I am retro gamer that haves that cool Duke Nukem voice Impression everyone likes hearing. Sometimes I chill back make maps and stuff once in while. I am happy to be on Doomworld thanks for having here!

Hi.

I like things that i don't understand.

I haven't been playing doom, just mapping, then playing.

Hi folks! First played Ultimate DOOM and DOOM II 6 or so years ago, and ever since then I've been playing several fan wads a year, so it's about time I joined these boards I guess.