Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Give Me Ya Pretzels

Jojo's Bizarre Doom Adventures 1.0.1

Introduction and Background:

Hey y'all, before I seen Jojo, I hated all animes. After watching one episode of Jojo after being pressured by my brother and a good friend of mine, I realized it is really fucking good. I don't like the fanbase and I still hate basically every other anime, and I also hate watching subs (because I hate reading and hearing the high pitched voices of anime girls hurts my hears and soul like spikes) but I still like Jojo. the JJBA dub is actually surprisingly good, like the voice acting is actually better than the sub in my opinion sometimes. I remember one day trying to look for doom mods where you can play as Jojo characters but there were only 3 I could find. One of them is where you can play as Dio (which is pretty good), one where you can play as Yoshikage Kira (I have not seen part 4 yet, I am on part 3), and a janky mod where you can play as Joseph Joestar. So, as a doom modder myself, I had the wonderful idea of making a mod where you can play as the protagonists from Jojo. Honestly I am surprised a mod like this has not come out sooner.

What the fuck is this mod?

This mod changes the game so that you can play as

Jonathan Joestar

Joesph Joestar

and

Jotaro Kujo

each character has their own starting weapons, and one of the character have weapons that they can find later in the levels of doom. Each character also plays slightly differently.

What can each character do and what weapons do they get

Jonathan Joestar: He starts out with his bare fists (he can do Hamon Overdrive as an altfire), Pluck (a sword he powers up with Hamon), and a revolver.

Joseph Joestar: he starts out with his fist (he can also do hamon overdrive), A M1928 Thompson with 200 rounds of ammo, 5 grenades, and his American Clackers

Jotaro Kujo: can summon Star Platnium to punch enemies by pressing 1 and then pressing the fire button, or you can stop time by pressing 2 and pressing the fire button. He is the only one who can pick up and use the glock that is dropped by Chaingunners. He shoot the glock or throw the glock to Star Platnium and have Star Platnium use the glock for you.

Credits:

I don't own anything in this mod

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and its characters are property of Hirohiko Araki

Voice Clips of Jojo Characters are owned by David Productions (Yeah, I said I like the dub better but I could not find any clips from the dub I could take from youtube)

The Jonathan sprites were taken from a Mugen mod by Amarimono

The other sprites are taken from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future which are owned by Capcom.

The Pluck sprites and the Jonathan Fist sprites are taken Hexen so the sprites are owned by Raven Software.

The M1928 Thompson sprites are taken from Blood so the sprites are owned by Monolith Software.

The Jotaro hand sprites and the Glock sprite were created by cybermeme.

Thanks to creator of the Dio mod because I used some of the code but I modified it to be original to allow Star Platnium to work.

Thanks to JoeyTD, Minigunner for the glock drop sprite.

Thanks to lolo_is_cool for the M1928 Thompson code that I used and modified a little to make more satisfying to shoot and to fit more with the mod.

The mod I used as a basis was called JosephDoom and was created by robocraftgamer02: https://www.moddb.com/mods/josephdoom/downloads/josephdoom-version-10

and thanks to robocraftgamer02 for the Joseph sprites I take and made better for Joseph.

If I missed anyone that I should credit, let me know and I will add them to the list.
I hope y'all enjoy this mod and have fun! :)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7zvdm39d4e6ta6/Jojo Bizarre Doom Adventure.pk3?dl=1

Changelog:
1.0: Full Release

1.0.1: Made the hand sprites better and added HUD faces for the other 2 characters.

Screenshot_Doom_20220301_160420.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220301_160436_04.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220301_160457_02.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220301_160507.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220301_160515.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220301_160522.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220301_160537_03.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220301_160627_01.png

Edited by Give Me Ya Pretzels

1 hour ago, Give Me Ya Pretzels said:

Yeah, I will try to fix that. But what do you think of the gameplay? 

Downloaded but not played yet, I'll tell you about it tomorrow

On 3/2/2022 at 2:53 PM, Walter confetti said:

Yare yare, the badly cut hand doesn't really look good imo.

I just fixed it. Now (one of the hands) is not cut off anymore and looks pretty good 

On 3/9/2022 at 3:16 AM, DukeOfDoom said:

But I thought guns are useless in JoJo... Right?

Well, yes, but they're used at some points in the show and I just wanted to reference that. These are also demons the Joestars are fighting so guns will work anyways.

4 hours ago, shaokahn68 said:

will you add the rest of joestars or .....

I will, but I want to watch the parts they’re in before I add them. I am only on part 3 and part 3 is long 

2 hours ago, Frost-Core said:

@Lol 6 may comment on this, also i dont watch jojo but this looks real amazing!

Hehe, thanks for mentioning me. I might as well try this out

On 5/14/2022 at 4:48 PM, LutzIsAce said:

yare yare, really this is the best thing i have found today

On 5/14/2022 at 4:52 PM, Frost-Core said:

@Lol 6 may comment on this, also i dont watch jojo but this looks real amazing!

Thank You guys! Tell me if you enjoyed it when you started playing it

Just now, Give Me Ya Pretzels said:

Thank You guys! Tell me if you enjoyed it when you started playing it

When i started playing i did all of the characters and tested them out, it looked really fun and amazing and i love the fact that it uses hexen assets and heretic assets too!

(edit: thats not heretic, thats blasphemer right?)

Nice work:

-Frost

23 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

When i started playing i did all of the characters and tested them out, it looked really fun and amazing and i love the fact that it uses hexen assets and heretic assets too!

(edit: thats not heretic, thats blasphemer right?)

Nice work:

-Frost

nah, its heretic

but thank you so much! I am so glad you enjoyed it! :D

Just now, Give Me Ya Pretzels said:

nah, its heretic

but thank you so much! I am so glad you enjoyed it! :D

actually, i compared the blasphemer asset to the heretic asset and they look very different :

Heretic =

Screenshot_Heretic_20220521_191336.png.cbd664f56ac20960bf7f061c3aed41b3.png

Blasphemer =

Screenshot_Heretic_20220521_191402.png.c2b71a199c7083e97010c36c0002ea9d.png

and your mod has this asset, simillar to blasp right? =

Screenshot_Doom_20220301_160522.png

5 hours ago, Give Me Ya Pretzels said:

tell me if you enjoyed it when you played it

Yes I did, good mod 👍