Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MRB_Doom

Invasion upon Earth: 1.1

``This made me realize that humans weren't ready for this kind of technology, because we couldn't get any intel from the other dimension that David had been in. It was time to move, and fast. Quickly, I ran up back to the computer room and phoned general McAddie, because he was currently at his home. After he got the news from me, he then gave me an order that would change my earthly life forever. As I was angry with the order he had given me, I had to be focused on the situation. The scientists in the computer room worked like animals, sending several signals trough gateway 1, but recieved none back.´´

Why are they sending signals to something completely unknown which has caused one's man death? Those freaks shouldn't be allowed to control those computers, I thought.

``But hey man, why didn't general McAddie shut down the project once again, when you told him over the phone what had happened to David?´´
``He didn't take it that seriously, but he was serious about the order he gave me. I can't believe how one man can be so ignorant and foolish, not understanding the importance of thinking about others than only yourself. The word "compassion" doesn't exist to him, and that was the reason why we weren't prepared for an invasion of the base. Sure, we had some guys from the special forces that were stationed on Fort Destiny, but they were not prepared for the type of force that came trough the gateway in the Pentagon.
``This sounds like shit to me, man. What are we supposed to do now anyway?´´
``First of all, we must find food, in order to concentrate. We have water here, but there's nothing here, right?´´
``Right man, this place is completely empty. I know a resturant down the block, but I'm not sure if the block is still there, if you know what I mean.´´
``Ok, but what to your buddy, Mark?´´
``He said he would find a firstaid kit so we could fix your wounds...´´
``Bah, it's just a fleshwound. I'll live.´´

-

As many fellow humans has been slain or eaten by demons, Mark has successfully found a firstaid kit in the nearest hospital, which is also abandoned due to the invasion. Just outside the hospital, there's also small building for security officers. In there, Mark has found a M30 Combat shotgun, from one of the security officers' locker. Now it's only the long trip back to the basement below the newsstudio.

-

``Hey man, did you hear that?´´
``I sure did, those are the things that invaded the Pentagon, I hate them.´´
``I wonder if Mark's still alive.....´´
``It was brave of him to go and find that kit, there are thousands and thousands of demons out there.´´
``Hey man, you couldn't tell him that..........when we heard about the catastrophe, we hurried down here, making as little noice as possible.´´
``I'm sorry I can't move, in order to go and find him. ´´
``Hey man, you just rest for now. I'll stand guard 24/7.´´
``Great. I can't stop thinking of general McAddie and his stupid mind. I shouldn't have phoned that fat bastard, but that had wouldn't made any difference. But still, so many human lives could've been evacuated from Earth directly, instead of waiting for the battle we would loose. We're like sitting ducks, waiting to be eaten by those hellish freaks.´´
``Calm down man, those demon bastards are not going to find us or harm us, I'll make sure of that, and I'll you ten bucks that Mark's planning the same.´´
``You're right, I shouldn't get upset. But it's not like anyone could've been trained for this, so how should we react to this sort of event?´´
``With understanding and faith, man.´´
``How can anyone understand the death of millions of humans?´´
``Someone who knows that humanity is rather young, and it has lessons to learn, before it can continue to develop. This is like armageddon, but new life is about to be born, to rise from the past and grow strong in the present to be perfected in the future. Yeah, armageddon could suck, but this time we're gonna accept the fact that we have the knowledge to survive. Sure, humanity is getting a kick in the ass, but it's completely necessary, because this civilization has to fall, in order to bring a new one that won't bring wars and destruction and death, but peace, achievement and life.´´
``I didn't you were that deep. I have to apologize.´´
``You don't have to man.....we're cool. We're gonna beat those monsters, and I think someone's already working on it.´´

Ok, this story is getting confusing, but it's also beginning to get a little interesting.

I know it's not a typical way to describe Hell on Earth but it'll get more exciting in the next episode, 1.2