Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gibbon

Deadline Announced! [Community Project] Pandora (Shovelware MegaWad) - All Slots Taken

Missing paf latest MAP29 in the latest build, it really feels like i've just played a 1994 compilation wad from the archives or found in some CDs randomly!

Some maps are really good, some others feels too "modern" in style, some other takes the parody route of 1994 mapping tropes (including mine), but overall it's a pretty fun experience.

Also, MAP19 have a exit? Or i missed something?

Edited by Walter confetti

10 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Here's my brother and I's map31

Brought in 9 custom sounds (From pirated Doom 2 and Redneck Rampage in Russian localization), iirc not overlapping with the base wad

Name: Go get 'em!

Music: mercy.mid from Blood Alpha

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oech9wn17873sg1/Gogetthem.wad?dl=1

Oh good!  I was having issues with doing a decent credits roll so I'll use that instead!

I'll add a UMAPINFO credits intertext after MAP35 instead.

10 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Love to see it Gib. What's left for the project?

A lot of cleaning :D

Ok, I've done the DOS binary, modified to remove the vertical mouse movement, add all mapnames (except the final two from dark pulse and endless), I've added a credits list for the MAP15 secret exit (I added a secret exit into MAP15) and replaced all the DOOM2 intermission texts with my own.  I also added MAP33 - 35 onto the statusbar display so those mapnames are used as well.

It's coded to automatically load PANDORA.WAD.

The code is based on the gamesrc recreation, so direct all your thanks to them.

The link is updated.

Edited by Gibbon

4 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

@Gibbon don't you mind adding music and sounds from mine to the main wad? Or are they like not suitable?

There was no music in your wad.  Add some if you want to :)

16 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

There was no music in your wad.  Add some if you want to :)

Quick check: how much in size is the wad you downloaded?

On 6/24/2022 at 4:46 AM, Gibbon said:

Ok, I've done the DOS binary, modified to remove the vertical mouse movement, add all mapnames (except the final two from dark pulse and endless), I've added a credits list for the MAP15 secret exit (I added a secret exit into MAP15) and replaced all the DOOM2 intermission texts with my own.  I also added MAP33 - 35 onto the statusbar display so those mapnames are used as well.

Uh, what? Map 15 had a secret exit already. There is a jump to it in the final room.

1 hour ago, Nikoxenos said:

Uh, what? Map 15 had a secret exit already. There is a jump to it in the final room.

Damn it, I was scanning the linedefs and did not see it at all.   Thanks for that, I’ll put back the original then

On 6/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, Gibbon said:

There was no music in your wad.

I came up with proof to the contrary, lol

If one looks into the link changing the last "1" to "0", one can find that the time of last changes made to the file is 01:03 AM UTC+3.

I made the post with the link at 01:10 AM UTC+3 (the post wasn't edited)

Hence, the file I uploaded here could not have changed in any way during all this time. Yet it contains the music and sounds, heh

(The lumps' name is D_EVIL)

Mmm... Now, with Gibbon being banned, what will happen of this project? 

Anyway the deadline is approaching fast...

30 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Wait, why was Gibbon banned?

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

noooooo not gibbon!

Someone let Gibbon know I'm still working on MAP14, since he's advertising it as open over there (and I'm not signing up on another forum just to tell him that).

17 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Someone let Gibbon know I'm still working on MAP14, since he's advertising it as open over there (and I'm not signing up on another forum just to tell him that).

Sure.  If I side-eye anything posted here that's important, I'll try to let Gibbon know.

So, am I reading this right, and the project has moved to DB?

If so, since I don't have a DB account, could I kindly ask someone who does to ask gibbon to remove my map? Nothing personal against anyone, but I want nothing to do with DB in any form or shape. 

It's more that the project has been posted also there, but if you want that your map been removed, it's ok i guess.

Spoiler

You'll have your reason for not liking DB, but it's not really that bad, sure sometimes it have some pretty exaggerates discussion in it, but for the rest is ok.

9 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

It's more that the project has been posted also there, but if you want that your map been removed, it's ok i guess.

Hide contents

You'll have your reason for not liking DB, but it's not really that bad, sure sometimes it have some pretty exaggerates discussion in it, but for the rest is ok.

It's alright then, as long as it doesn't fall entirely under the aegis of DB my map can stay.

15 hours ago, Thelokk said:

It's alright then, as long as it doesn't fall entirely under the aegis of DB my map can stay.

Good news for the sequel - it won't be hosted on DB and you can join the Discord server instead! though it might be a bit before it starts

19 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

you can join the Discord server instead!

Is this the shovelware society discord?

Finishing touches being done to my map now. It will be up within the next 21-ish hours. Probably sooner than that.

I hope everyone is ready to get lost.

Good news from me: Map layout is all done and all I'd really need to do are the trivial things (adding monsters, etc.). At least, that's what I thought today would be spending much of my day doing.

Bad news from me: I had a very silly mistake (due to not being used to mapping in strict vanilla) that basically meant I lost most of my night on figuring out how to reduce visplanes. I do have it figured out now (save for the ending room, which is getting adjusted), but it does mean I technically won't make the deadline.

However, it will be done tomorrow now that I've solved the root of the problem.

Edited by Dark Pulse

Well, it's done. A bit shambolic, but it's done.

I'm sure some people who play this will hate me. Considering this is a shovelware megawad, that's the point. :)

There's nothing unbeatable here, though. It can be done. Just be good with your trigger finger, your sense of direction, and most importantly... try to look out behind you. As a bonus, some effort was taken to make the map DM and co-op friendly, although co-op will probably make this map a breezy deal. And it's a heck of a lot easier if you're not playing UV/NM.

Made in just the finest awful shovelware taste, cheesy MIDI and all (I apologize in advance to anyone who begins to hate that movie because of this map), I present to you Pandora MAP14 - Field O Screams.

EDIT: Updated, bugfixed link fixes a few minor issues.

Edited by Dark Pulse : Bugfixes = this link has outlived its purpose.

13 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Well, it's done. A bit shambolic, but it's done.

I'm sure some people who play this will hate me. Considering this is a shovelware megawad, that's the point. :)

There's nothing unbeatable here, though. It can be done. Just be good with your trigger finger, your sense of direction, and most importantly... try to look out behind you. As a bonus, some effort was taken to make the map DM and co-op friendly, although co-op will probably make this map a breezy deal.

Made in just the finest awful shovelware taste, cheesy MIDI and all (I apologize in advance to anyone who begins to hate that movie because of this map), I present to you Pandora MAP14 - Field O Screams.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NiqLmSJYecfW4paZk7NibLrOGyXyNtho/view?usp=sharing

Well, I got lucky with pathing (the 'ol stick to the left wall trick) and I did beat it, though now a pic of ZIMMER will probably be enough to make me go on a rampage.

My vote is: survey/10, missed chance to have Mandril Maze as a MIDI

Just now, Thelokk said:

Well, I got lucky with pathing and I did beat it, though now a pic of ZIMMER will probably be enough to make me go on a rampage.

My vote is: survey/10, missed chance to have Mandril Maze as a MIDI

Maybe, though I think that driving people insane with something slightly more cheerfully upbeat was a bit better in the ol' psychological warfare department.

My question to you: Did you have fun?

31 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Maybe, though I think that driving people insane with something slightly more cheerfully upbeat was a bit better in the ol' psychological warfare department.

My question to you: Did you have fun?

Of course I had fun, how couldn't I? 

*looks nervously at the AV pointing a gun at her head*

3 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

Of course I had fun, how couldn't I? 

*looks nervously at the AV pointing a gun at her head*

Good. I'd hate to see what'd happen to you if you didn't have fun.