Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
niguel

clive barker's undying...

I finished it today (sunday) 18:40 and started on saturday morning. I've had this game for a long time but haven't got guts to play more than the first half an hour to the monastery. This was kind of game that I simply love. Definitely one my favourite games. First it was creepy and I was surrounded by the endless horror (but I didn't say I was scared). I enjoyed every second and every bullet i shot.

I might have liked it better if the designers had placed more than 2 or 3 rooms in each map. All the maps, especially the manor, were segmented in the most bizarre and mood-shattering way possible.

I too was sometimes too scared to play. The best thing I like about horrorgames is the feeling that you get after playing it. It makes you feel like you just survived something spooky and dangerous. Aaaahhhhh, adrenaline..

If I could ever find the money to go by Undying I'd play it through. NO game, in my memory, has ever made me too scared to play it. I'd play it from beginning to end, regardless of the fear factor involved :)

Sounds like Clive Barker's Undying is a game worth playing. The only game I've played so far that I've actually been too afraid to play was Fatal Frame for the PSX/XBox. I never knew it was possible to be turned off to a game just because of it's fear factor.

Lüt said:

I might have liked it better if the designers had placed more than 2 or 3 rooms in each map. All the maps, especially the manor, were segmented in the most bizarre and mood-shattering way possible.

This was done because the game was made with the PS/2 in mind. They had to chop up the maps into little puny peices in order for it to fit into the PS/2's miniscule amount of memory. Ironically, the game tanked so hard that the PS/2 port was cancelled.

I've tried to get around the constant delay of loading maps by shoving all the maps and textures onto a RAM drive, but it didn't help at all. I guess the only way to speed this up is with more CPU power.

I liked this game too.Very underated game.Creepy atmosphere,good gameplay,good amounts of puzzle,great sound and the scythe! (spoilers ahead) There is one Boss battle that i really liked.It is the battle on the top of pyramid that you have to fly up and use the scythe cutting that flying wizard.It was very unique FPS Boss battle for me.

I loved the demo. It kind of reminded me of Blood for some reason, but much more complex and moody. I still intend on getting the full version some day.

Can someone point me to a demo of this game besides the main website? I can't connect to their server to download it for some reason. It looks fantastic and I've never heard of it until now! Must playyy...

I hate kicking old threads up but this time I've played the full version for the first time. I had only played the demo so far. All I can say is that the game is amazing. It, to me, is horror as it was meant to be. That old mansion breathes, speaks and makes you feel small. I love the mood in the game and the subtle details. I don't want to give away too much of the game, but make good use of the green magical stone near paintings :)

God, I'd love to see a remake of this with Doom III's engine.

Undying is the first and only FPS I have ever bought but simply gave up on. It was so boring that about the time I got to the monastery, I got sick of the annoying level design and the boring, awful weapons and the dumb monsters and the hackneyed, poorly done "scares" that the game tried to foist on me, and just undeleted the thing. I have no idea how anyone could call it one of the best games of the year.

Wait, this is an old thread. God damn you Disorder.

Well, I haven't come really far in the game so my opinon might change. But so far I think it's great. I just love games that scare me.