Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter

Not Even Remotely Fair - 32 Maps for DOOM II - Nightmare Difficulty Only - All Original Soundtrack [idgames]

Very epic. Love playing Nightmare, few wads actually take it into account when balancing maps (and you can't blame them really). Aside from the music are these maps finalised? I can't read ignore me

Edited by Billa

Had a great time contributing to this project! Hopefully, this WAD will bring fresh experience to those who never dared to touch Nightmare before (like me until recently!)

After hours spent on NM, playing Doom on regular UV seems like enabling game slowdown cheats slow to the point of being uncanny.

Congratulations on the release, Peter and Company! I look forward to watching my favourite Doom streamers and DoomTubers torture themselves with it for my entertainment. >:^)

Thanks Peter and epic team.

The title makes me feel like there is going to be a lot of pain in my future... Not really a nightmare player but will have a look to support the initiative!

Thanks for sharing.

Love the TITLEPIC! Although, I find it funny that doomguy has a chainsaw running from turbo pinkies, when many of the mappers here have detested the practice, haha

Also, if you are open to it, message me when Episode 2's thread drops. I'd love to contribute!

The soundtrack for this project, as the hiphop tracks inside my Master Levels MIDI Pack were really well received, I double downed on that hiphop flavour for Not Even Remotely Fair. I hope y'all happy with it!

I really enjoyed mapping for Nightmare in DBP25, I'm definitely keen to contribute to ep 2 or 3. I'll check out ep 1 in the mean time. Good work on getting the first release out, the sceens look mint.

Alright, just did a hotfix which fixes a sequence break in MAP07.

EDIT

Ok another hotfix that fixes the appearance of a self referencing sector in OpenGL in the credits map.

Edited by Peter

This was a great set with a lot of cool ideas and designs (many instances of Doom cute).  Thanks for making this and for joining me as I played through it!

7 hours ago, Peter said:

The soundtrack for this project, as the hiphop tracks inside my Master Levels MIDI Pack were really well received, I double downed on that hiphop flavour for Not Even Remotely Fair. I hope y'all happy with it!

I'd LOVE to see more hip-hop MIDIs. Perhaps you should dabble in some trip-hop or downtempo in the future? 

Added hopefully the final hotfix to fix the possible linedef skip in MAP11's exit. If you have downloaded already, please download again!

On 3/9/2022 at 2:28 PM, Doomkid said:

Hmm, I can't recall ever hearing of a mapset designed specifically/only to be played on Nightmare, great concept!

I recall a wad not too long ago called "Dead By Daylight" or sth similar which was Nightmare only

Another hotfix deployed! Fixes MAP07 arena fight issue.

EDIT:

Added widescreen HUD graphic to the widescreen assets wad.

Edited by Peter

When I loaded it for the first time, I thought "who's gonna stop me from playing on a lower difficulty?" and picked HNTR.

Well, somebody will definitely stop you. I won't spoil it.

A Nightmare only project has been a back-burner idea of mine for years but, let's face it, I was never going to get around to it so I'm pleased somebody else has.

Good luck with the project. Nightmare is almost like a different game mode than a different difficulty and I'm sure there are a lot of cool creative things you can do with it.