Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

OFFICIAL Super Bowl thread

Raiders are going to lose and everyone knows it!

34-3, dammit! ...Oh well, looks like the murder rate in Oakland will start rising again... :/

I'm only in it for the commercials. Oh, and Shania Twain. Mmmm...Shania...

Typical Super Bowl: One team raping the other up the ass, with frequent and expensive commercial breaks.

And most of them aren't even that good, especially considering that I have an exceeding low expectation or tolerance for commercials in general. A few of them may be funny, but will any of them ever convince me to buy their product?

As I was writing this, the Raiders scored a touchdown, but didn't get the two points, so this game is still mildly interesting.

Either way, Oakland gets something out of that touchdown. If they're damn lucky, they can maybe catch up and give Tampa a run for their money. If not, well, at least their loss is slightly more respectable. I wouldnt' mind if it was a turnaround. I love 4th quarter games.

It would be a lot better if the buccaneers and raiders were actually pirates and just fought each other with swords, on a ship instead of a field.

Oh yeah, that'd be sweet.

Or if the bears and dolphins were actually bears and dolphins. not that theyre playing in this game, but in general, those would be some interesting matches.

What about the Ravens? They'd be in a world of hurt. Also, what the hell is a Brown? I wouldn't know what to expect from a team named after a color.

Assmaster said:

Or if the bears and dolphins were actually bears and dolphins.

Well, thanks to the Simpsons, we all know that dolphins are discipline as hell and very dangerous when united. We also know from the Simpsons that bears are afraid of fire, don't climb ladders very well, and are susceptible to tranquilizers.

Dolphins are teh win.

I've only watched the SB to get a glimpse of the new Matrix trailer (which kicked ass, btw). American football sucks. :P

OMFG LETS SPEND A DAY WATCHING SWEATY MEN GRUNT AND PUSH EACH OTHER AROUND FOR NO REASON

the_Danarchist said:

OMFG LETS SPEND A DAY WATCHING SWEATY MEN GRUNT AND PUSH EACH OTHER AROUND FOR NO REASON

What do you mean "no reason". Theyre fighting for control of the ball damniT! THE BALL!!

Heh, I dont care for televised sports either, but I dont see anything wrong with it.

Imagine if it was played on the moon (no artificial gravity) with randomly placed land mines. Or if they used robots like in that old Jetsons episode.

Heh...that reminds me of something I saw on the Discovery Channel once. There was this program about all the inhabitable planets and sattelites in the Solar system and what it would be like if we tried to populate them. They did this thing about Phobos and said that since its so small, you could toss a football clear across it's surface. I think it also said something about being able to launch yourself into space by jumping to high, which is a frightning prospect. o_O

The only 'Superbowl' around here is about three feet long and has water in the bottom.
I actually love the superbowl, at work after about 2 pm the place CLEARS out and I get to fuck off for the rest of the day!

the_Danarchist said:

I think it also said something about being able to launch yourself into space by jumping to high, which is a frightning prospect. o_O

Really?
/me invites Gatewatcher to take a trip with him to Phobos :P

Or they could play on Phobos. And the players couldn't jump.

I think it's Deimos (the smaller moon) where you could reach escape velocity by jumping. On Phobos it must be pretty close - maybe a trained athlete could do it.

Hey, Mark, it's fourth and goal,
Go getch'yer dad a beer!
Then do us all a favor,
Get yer punk ass outta here!

I think our son's retarded,
Likes to read, not watch TV...
He never plays touch football
With the boys across the street!

Hey Mom, hey Dad, yeah sports are fun.
If you like touching other men.
But touch each other off the field,
Well it becomes a sin!

So I understand that you think I'm slow
'Cuz I don't wanna be like you;
Because of you and Mommy,
It's what I was born to do!
(Yee-haw!)

I'm destroying the world!
I don't really give a shit 'cuz it feels so goddamn cool.
And I don't really give a shit, no!!!

Sorry, son, we understand
That you just don't fit in.
So we filled your mom's prescription;
you'll be one of us again!

I don't give a shit 'bout what you think!
You made me who I am!!
I'm taking up the banjo
To fulfill my evil plan!!!
(Yee-haw!)

I don't really give a shit 'cuz it feels so goddamn cool.
And I don't really give a shit, no!!!

Back when Tampa Bay was the worst team in the NFL (they had those orange and red helmets back then), I always said that it was a sure sign of the end of the world if the Buccaneers won the Super Bowl.

Well, the Buccaneers won the Super Bowl...

Grazza said:

Or they could play on Phobos. And the players couldn't jump.

I think it's Deimos (the smaller moon) where you could reach escape velocity by jumping. On Phobos it must be pretty close - maybe a trained athlete could do it.

Yeah, I don't remember the particulars, but it was a pretty interesting show nonetheless.