Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Caverns its only one level right now but when I release the full wad it will be finished with some edits to this level. 

The story of caverns is that doom guy got lost in a cave. But there is secret rooms hiding by a abonded civilization.

That was a breif summary of the map.

Screenshot_Doom_20220310_204308.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220310_204319.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220310_204234.png

Cave1.zip

Edited by Noahtheking50

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Noahtheking50 said:

This is the demo for the wad im making called caverns its called cavrens its where you ate going to go throught alot of caves i think it will be a 1 episode with 10 levels.

Screenshot_Doom_20220310_204308.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220310_204319.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220310_204234.png

Cave1.zip

there is a typo im sorry

 

Share this post


Link to post

If you need to correct your post, you can just edit it and then put in the comments the reason for the edit. No need to make a new post just to correct a typo. Also, a little more information about the wad, such as which source ports it is compatible with, and whether the player should use freelook, jumping etc. would be helpful.

 

Now, about the map. having seen your previous work, this is definitely an improvement, but there are a lot of newbie mistakes that still need correcting.

 

The blue key door hides a secret, but the blue key is easy to find and right next to it, it would be cool if the player had to find a hidden key to access the secret.

 

Likewise, the red key is placed right next to the red door, making it rather unnecessary. It would be better if the player had to go to another location, possibly getting ambushed by monsters when collecting it, and then have to backtrack to the red door.

 

The rooms all have just a few monsters placed in random locations. Try adding different ways of releasing monsters, such as a closet opening up, or a teleport trap.

 

Every room in the map is the same height. Try making rooms that are at different heights and connect them with staircases.

 

There are some errors with the exit switch sector as seen in this screenshot:

https://imgur.com/rgLwkJN

 

I hope this is helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

If you need to correct your post, you can just edit it and then put in the comments the reason for the edit. No need to make a new post just to correct a typo. Also, a little more information about the wad, such as which source ports it is compatible with, and whether the player should use freelook, jumping etc. would be helpful.

 

Now, about the map. having seen your previous work, this is definitely an improvement, but there are a lot of newbie mistakes that still need correcting.

 

The blue key door hides a secret, but the blue key is easy to find and right next to it, it would be cool if the player had to find a hidden key to access the secret.

 

Likewise, the red key is placed right next to the red door, making it rather unnecessary. It would be better if the player had to go to another location, possibly getting ambushed by monsters when collecting it, and then have to backtrack to the red door.

 

The rooms all have just a few monsters placed in random locations. Try adding different ways of releasing monsters, such as a closet opening up, or a teleport trap.

 

Every room in the map is the same height. Try making rooms that are at different heights and connect them with staircases.

 

There are some errors with the exit switch sector as seen in this screenshot:

https://imgur.com/rgLwkJN

 

I hope this is helpful!

im sorry

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Noahtheking50 said:

This is the demo for the wad im making called caverns its called cavrens its where you ate going to go throught alot of caves i think it will be a 1 episode with 10 levels.

Screenshot_Doom_20220310_204308.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220310_204319.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220310_204234.png

Cave1.zip

Will be v1.0 released in 2022?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

 

lol no need to be sorry bud. It's all a part of the learning process.

ok im sorry i said im sorry

Share this post


Link to post

I completed Cavern demo Cave1.wad with LZDoom, this map is not complete. There is nothing to search for in the map, except for the keys to complete the map. There are only 11 enemies in the entire map. This map release is not considered a demo release. My suggestions, build smaller areas instead of large, and empty areas in the map. Remove areas of the map that are not required to be accessed by the player. Add more powerful enemies to a level to increase the difficulty of the map. If the player is provided with powerful weapons or large amounts of ammo, add more enemies to the map. Practice, and study building DOOM maps before releasing a map to the public. Build a DOOM WAD with at least 5 minutes of gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/20/2022 at 1:51 PM, FireWarden1000 said:

I completed Cavern demo Cave1.wad with LZDoom, this map is not complete. There is nothing to search for in the map, except for the keys to complete the map. There are only 11 enemies in the entire map. This map release is not considered a demo release. My suggestions, build smaller areas instead of large, and empty areas in the map. Remove areas of the map that are not required to be accessed by the player. Add more powerful enemies to a level to increase the difficulty of the map. If the player is provided with powerful weapons or large amounts of ammo, add more enemies to the map. Practice, and study building DOOM maps before releasing a map to the public. Build a DOOM WAD with at least 5 minutes of gameplay.

this is an abonded project fix if you want i dont care

 

Share this post


Link to post

If you want me to edit the map for you, I do not have a problem helping you out. The map is ZDoom based, I am more familiar with maps for DOOM.EXE. Are you saying this WAD is cancelled? I didn't say the map was either good or bad. There is not enough gameplay in the Cavern demo to provide you a map review.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, FireWarden1000 said:

If you want me to edit the map for you, I do not have a problem helping you out. The map is ZDoom based, I am more familiar with maps for DOOM.EXE. Are you saying this WAD is cancelled? I didn't say the map was either good or bad. There is not enough gameplay in the Cavern demo to provide you a map review.

ok 

edit if you you want i dont care ok

Share this post


Link to post

I forked the Cavern Demo Cave1.wad DOOM II map, the map is called Cave1-TEST by FireWarden1000.

 

 

Map TITLE:    Cave1-TEST
Version:    1.00
Lead Developer:    FireWarden1000
Release Date:    03/24/2022


Cave1-TEST was made using data from DOOM II.
Cave1-TEST is a fork of Cavern Demo Cave1.wad DOOM II map developed by Noahtheking50.


DOOM ENGINE EDITOR SOFTWARE:    Eureka DOOM Editor
Eureka DOOM Editor website:
http://eureka-editor.sourceforge.net/
Use the latest developer version of the Eureka DOOM Editor:
https://github.com/ioan-chera/eureka-editor


Free image hosting provided by the ImgBB website.
Upload and share your images.
ImgBB website:
https://imgbb.com/


Watch the development of Cave1-TEST on the Doomworld forums.
Forums: Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/
Cavern demo - WADs &  Mods - Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/127940-cavern-demo/


Compatible with LZDoom 3.88a
ZDoom website:
https://zdoom.org/index


Compatible with PrBoom-Plus 2.6.1um
PrBoom-Plus GitHub repository website:
https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus


Map Description:

Single player DOOM II map.
Map includes Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulty levels.


Maps Included with Cave1-TEST.wad:

MAP01        Cave1-TEST


Background Story:

 

MAP01

 

Cave1-TEST

 

A research team goes missing after investigating ruins in the "insert location name here" Caverns for answers involving demon teleporter technology.
Doomguy is sent to the "insert location name here" Caverns to find the missing research team.
After a series of earthquakes inside the "insert location name here" Caverns, Doomguy is now lost inside the cavern.
Doomguy must find a way out of the "insert location name here" Caverns, and find the missing research team.


Files included with Cave1-TEST.zip:

DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
Cave1-TEST.TXT
Cave1-TEST.wad


Screenshots:

 

Spoiler

2022-03-25-001721-1920x1080-scrot.png

 

Cave1-TEST.zip

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, FireWarden1000 said:

I forked the Cavern Demo Cave1.wad DOOM II map, the map is called Cave1-TEST by FireWarden1000.

 

 

Map TITLE:    Cave1-TEST
Version:    1.00
Lead Developer:    FireWarden1000
Release Date:    03/24/2022


Cave1-TEST was made using data from DOOM II.
Cave1-TEST is a fork of Cavern Demo Cave1.wad DOOM II map developed by Noahtheking50.


DOOM ENGINE EDITOR SOFTWARE:    Eureka DOOM Editor
Eureka DOOM Editor website:
http://eureka-editor.sourceforge.net/
Use the latest developer version of the Eureka DOOM Editor:
https://github.com/ioan-chera/eureka-editor


Free image hosting provided by the ImgBB website.
Upload and share your images.
ImgBB website:
https://imgbb.com/


Watch the development of Cave1-TEST on the Doomworld forums.
Forums: Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/
Cavern demo - WADs &  Mods - Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/127940-cavern-demo/


Compatible with LZDoom 3.88a
ZDoom website:
https://zdoom.org/index


Compatible with PrBoom-Plus 2.6.1um
PrBoom-Plus GitHub repository website:
https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus


Map Description:

Single player DOOM II map.
Map includes Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulty levels.


Maps Included with Cave1-TEST.wad:

MAP01        Cave1-TEST


Background Story:

 

MAP01

 

Cave1-TEST

 

A research team goes missing after investigating ruins in the "insert location name here" Caverns for answers involving demon teleporter technology.
Doomguy is sent to the "insert location name here" Caverns to find the missing research team.
After a series of earthquakes inside the "insert location name here" Caverns, Doomguy is now lost inside the cavern.
Doomguy must find a way out of the "insert location name here" Caverns, and find the missing research team.


Files included with Cave1-TEST.zip:

DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
Cave1-TEST.TXT
Cave1-TEST.wad


Screenshots:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

2022-03-25-001721-1920x1080-scrot.png

 

Cave1-TEST.zip

amazing sir. You did an amzing job it very cool. Good job

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

I made a video showcasing the map you guys made, I even got a true UV-Max! Thank you both for making it, I had a lot of fun playing :)

 

 

 

why did you put my name i didt work on any of that.

 

Share this post


Link to post

lol buddy it's called 'giving credit' that map is either built on top of or directly inspired by the map that you made so we are thanking you for making it. Without the map that you made the other map would never have been made either so even if you didn't work on it directly we still want to make sure people know this whole thing was started by you :)

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

lol buddy it's called 'giving credit' that map is either built on top of or directly inspired by the map that you made so we are thanking you for making it. Without the map that you made the other map would never have been made either so even if you didn't work on it directly we still want to make sure people know this whole thing was started by you :)

K

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for testing out Cave1-TEST.wad. I made the map within 6 hours, and I didn't add any new areas to explore if you completed Cave1.wad. Cave1-TEST was developed on top of Cave1.wad, and is a relatively short map to complete. I usually build techbase maps, and Noahtheking50 actually showed up at a good time, because the last map that I developed has a mining complex area. I was developing cave locations, then I was asked to build the Cavern demo DOOM II level.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×