Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Doom: Enigma

Okay, we've had a slight change of plans. ArchVile is taking my slot (MAP04) for me, so I won't be mapping this time. We're still a full-staff though, but if you're interested, wait for the start of E2 sign-ups, which will probably begin about February 25th, if not sooner, and I'll probably allow people who haven't mapped yet to get first dibs on levels.

I'll wait till E3 is up. No offense, but I just can't figure out how to make an E2 map for the life of me.

I'd join in for other episodes if they were implemented but I have too much stuff to do, not to mention my silly willy puter always crashing. :D

Okay, today is the "official" start date of the mapping for E1. Here's a quick schedule for the rest of the dates:

February 15th is the "checkpoint" day, where everyone checks in to see how far they've gotten and how far they have to go. We also want to check to make sure you'll be able to finish on time and you're following the correct rules regarding monster placement and such.

February 20th is when I'll start letting people claim spots for E2. This applies only to people who have yet to map.

February 25th is when people who mapped for E1 are allowed to start claiming spots for E2.

March 1st is the deadline for E1 maps, and also when E2 mapping will begin. I haven't decided yet whether or not to release each episode or wait until they're all four done to release a full megawad. Suggestions would be appreciated.

In my opinion, a full mega wad would go nicely, as long as the theme isnt totally out of wack from episode to episode, well mianly in the last level of the previous and the first of the next really, depending on what happens tho, so, ya, a full megawad sounds nice to me. :D

Heh...looking at my conceptual design for my map, I think I'm about 10% - 20% done already, so that's good times right there. :P

Not to plug this old thread, but I have some important information regarding D:E.

Tomorrow is the checkpoint date, and I'm hoping to get some screenshots out of it. I know most of my mappers don't read this thread and a few won't show up for the check tomorrow, but I thought it significant to point this out. Please show up if possible, or at least mail the wad to Kara@xfury.net It's also important that you are sure you can finish the level by March 1st.

We've mixed up the rules a bit as well. Sarge has put together an Ultimate Doom texture wad and you will be allowed to use these textures in your levels. In addition, there is ONE new flat (it's just the floor computer in the fourth missing angle). Don't worry about this now, if you're thinking "aw shit, I wish I'd have known this before!" because the "demo" E1 will be released as-is, and you will all be allowed to touch up and fix things in your levels as long as we're still working on the project, which gives you about two months to add in the new textures if you want.

Finally, we've finally decided that, even though we're having a hard time finding mappers, it definately WOULD be best to switch over to a 3-episode setup. This means that E1 will have 11 levels, E2 will have 9, and E3 will have 10, with two secret levels that will be in E4 style. This will also make the skies fit right, among other things.

However, to do this, we DO need more mappers. We need three people to fill in for the missing E1 levels. You will NOT be required to finish these on March 1st. Instead, you'll be going when the E2 mappers start. That means we need 3 people for E1 and 9 people for E2; so 12 mappers so we can start on schedule and finish on April 1st. This means we need to quickly find people to fill the slots so we don't fall terribly behind schedule! Each person is only allowed to do one level per episode, however, if you mapped for E1 you're welcome to map for E2 as well. That means for some of you that you can both sign up to do one of the filler E1 levels AND an E2 level. Our current mappers are:

MAP01 - Hyena
MAP02 - Danarchy
MAP03 - Magikal
MAP04 - ???
MAP05 - ArchVile
MAP06 - ???
MAP07 - Torn
MAP08 - ???
MAP09 - Epyo
MAP10 - SargeBaldy
MAP11 - Ralphis

Episode Two:
MAP12 - ???
MAP13 - ???
MAP14 - ???
MAP15 - ???
MAP16 - ???
MAP17 - ???
MAP18 - ???
MAP19 - ???
MAP20 - ???

I'm beginning sign ups for these levels TODAY, to make time for the extra slots needed, so if you're interested or know someone who might be intersted, please respond--ON THIS THREAD--and claim the level you want to make. You may also contact me in any way you wish, but it is critical to say what level you want here so it is known that the level is taken and nobody claims an already taken level.

I will post rules for E2 levels as soon as I have them together, and I will provide the URL to the Ultimate Doom texture wad as soon as I obtain it. Screenshots will also hopefully be up soon. This is important... we need mappers so we can finish the project. Please please apply or find someone who would want to do a map. Remember, it's vanilla, only one map, you have a whole month, and the levels don't have to be massive and/or intricate. It shouldn't be very hindering or stressful. =)

Hopefully these changes will be for the better, and hopefully we can manage to fill our mapper slots and make our schedule. If so, the full megawad will be released sometime near May 1st.

( http://xfury.net/doom/enigma.html )

I'd like the slot for MAP13 (the second map of "E2", that is.)

I wish you all luck. I can't wait to see the demo.
:-)
I'd help but I'm full into the third level of descent right now and I'm not good with multiple projects.
Good luck.

Nanami said:

Tomorrow is the checkpoint date, and I'm hoping to get some screenshots out of it. I know most of my mappers don't read this thread and a few won't show up for the check tomorrow, but I thought it significant to point this out.

So exactly where and when are we supposed to show up for this check?

MAP01 - Hyena
MAP02 - Danarchy
MAP03 - Magikal
MAP04 - "Chr-Nygaard" (This the name you want?)
MAP05 - ArchVile
MAP06 - ???
MAP07 - Torn
MAP08 - 5hfifty
MAP09 - Epyo
MAP10 - SargeBaldy
MAP11 - Ralphis

Episode Two:
MAP12 - ???
MAP13 - myk
MAP14 - ???
MAP15 - ???
MAP16 - ???
MAP17 - ???
MAP18 - ???
MAP19 - ???
MAP20 - ???

Nanami: "MAP04 - "Chr-Nygaard" (This the name you want?)"

Erhhm, nah, not really. How about Chris Hansen instead? Yep, sold!

Okay, fixed the stuff on the site. I may get around to changing things later, and adding a screenshots page.

As of now, we need one more E1 mapper and plenty of E2 mappers. Bring your friends, please. =)

c-cooper said:

Nanami: "MAP04 - "Chr-Nygaard" (This the name you want?)"

Erhhm, nah, not really. How about Chris Hansen instead? Yep, sold!

Yay, Chris Hansen... :)
I love your maps.
Two danes on the team now :)

MAP01 - Hyena
MAP02 - Danarchy
MAP03 - Magikal
MAP04 - Chris Hansen
MAP05 - ArchVile
MAP06 - ???
MAP07 - Torn
MAP08 - 5hfifty
MAP09 - Epyo
MAP10 - SargeBaldy
MAP11 - Ralphis

MAP12 - Torn
MAP13 - myk
MAP14 - ???
MAP15 - ???
MAP16 - ???
MAP17 - ???
MAP18 - ???
MAP19 - ???
MAP20 - ???

Heh...sign me up for map18 (if my calculations are correct, that should be E2M7).

Well, it doesn't matter, as the maps don't have to represent any of the doom.wad maps. But technically MAP18 is more like E2M6, if you take MAP17 as E2M9 (coming after the 5th map.)

Sorry I haven't been around at all, but I'm entering a particularly difficult stretch in school right now - we don't have any off days until April, and every single one of my teachers thinks this is the perfect time to assign massive research papers, essays, or other such projects.

I'm really going to try to get this level in on time, but I'm just warning you in case I let everyone down.

Hey ya, Torn! Thanks, I like 'em too ;-) You know, we're a rare breed us DK DooMers.. I mean, how many are there? A handful? Well, that's a totally different discussion...

/me have an itch for some aw'som episode 1 dezi'n! Now lemme scratch it, damn it!!

c-cooper said:

Hey ya, Torn! Thanks, I like 'em too ;-) You know, we're a rare breed us DK DooMers.. I mean, how many are there? A handful? Well, that's a totally different discussion...

/me have an itch for some aw'som episode 1 dezi'n! Now lemme scratch it, damn it!!

me, you, Shaviro, little faith, DSM, who else?

Well, I need to work too, :)

MAP01 - Hyena
MAP02 - Danarchy
MAP03 - Magikal
MAP04 - Chris Hansen
MAP05 - ArchVile
MAP06 - ???
MAP07 - Torn
MAP08 - 5hfifty
MAP09 - Epyo
MAP10 - SargeBaldy
MAP11 - Ralphis

MAP12 - Torn
MAP13 - myk
MAP14 - ???
MAP15 - SargeBaldy
MAP16 - ???
MAP17 - ???
MAP18 - Danarchy
MAP19 - ???
MAP20 - ???

Hm, E2 looks a lot like E1. ;)

the_Danarchist said:

Alright, we need 6 more mappers. If you don't volunteer, I'll break your legs!

You're going to have to catch me First!! Bwhahahahhaha

/me vanishes

yes please sign up, especially if you didn't do a map for ep1.. we need just a bit more help. and you don't need to make something uber-detailed, these are just ep2 maps reborn, and you do remember how THOSE looked ;)

E2:

Monsters allowed: Pistol Human, Shotgun Human, Chaingun Human, Imp, Demon, Spectre, Lost Soul, Cacodemon, Revenant, Hell Knight, Baron of Hell. MAP20 is required to have a Cyberdemon boss and at least one Arch-Vile midboss. MAP 16 is allowed, but not required, to have an Arch-Vile boss.

Weapons allowed: Chainsaw, Shotgun, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle

Powerups allowed: Armor/Health Bonus, Stimpack, Medkit, Soul Sphere, Blue/Green armor, Light visor, Partial Invisibility, Radiation Suit, Berserk Pack, Invulnerability Sphere

MAP01 - Hyena
MAP02 - Danarchy
MAP03 - Magikal
MAP04 - Chris Hansen
MAP05 - ArchVile
MAP06 - ???
MAP07 - Torn
MAP08 - 5hfifty
MAP09 - Epyo
MAP10 - SargeBaldy
MAP11 - Ralphis

MAP12 - Torn
MAP13 - myk
MAP14 - ???
MAP15 - SargeBaldy
MAP16 - ???
MAP17 - ???
MAP18 - Danarchy
MAP19 - ???
MAP20 - Ralphis

7 days to find 5 mappers...

I assume the Shotgun for E2 excludes the SSG (only for E3?)? Should the difficulty be akin to doom's and doom2's (the IWADs)?

What did pritch do now?