Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Doom: Enigma

DCK said:

Hehe :) I'll try to change this into something else ;), but later... For now, enter HERE and check out two newest screens from My own MAP14 for DooM:Enigma :)
I think, when i design whole map, it may be awesome...

Sorry for my English. ;)

look like it's coming along :)

and don't worry about your english, we hardly expect people to speak it fluently on here :P

To all mappers :
I have an Idea... What do you think, maybe we should insert a one identical structure into all maps in Enigma ? Something like teleport exit in Plutonia.... ?

DCK said:

To all mappers :
I have an Idea... What do you think, maybe we should insert a one identical structure into all maps in Enigma ? Something like teleport exit in Plutonia.... ?

a little late.. some people have already finished their maps.. anyway that doesn't fit well to doom1 style

I'm hoping that we get a chance to credit people in the txt file, which I'm assuming there'll be, in the final zip file. There's one person who helped me out with something relatively important in my map, and I'd hate to not get to credit him (stupid phrase, I know, English grammar, I'm a Dane and stuff).

Secondly: Will the sky in the "episode1" maps be replaced with the original one from KDITD?

c-cooper said:

I'm hoping that we get a chance to credit people in the txt file, which I'm assuming there'll be, in the final zip file. There's one person who helped me out with something relatively important in my map, and I'd hate to not get to credit him (stupid phrase, I know, English grammar, I'm a Dane and stuff).

i think that can be arranged ;) if nanami doesn't notice your post i'll let her know later.

Secondly: Will the sky in the "episode1" maps be replaced with the original one from KDITD?

yeah, the first doom2 sky is being replaced with the phobos sky, the second doom2 sky with deimos, etc. hmm, did nanami not get you a copy of the graphics wad engima's using? it contains all the doom1 textures, and a few minor additions. PM me or nanami if you want a copy of it.

The text file will have a section, just like the demo did, that looks like this:

* Level information *

MAPxy : Creator - email@address
Level Title: Title
Comments from Creator: Blah blah, text, anything you want to put here.

Example:

MAP04 : Ralphis - ralphis@zdaemon.com
Level title: Goatse Anomaly
Comments from Ralph: When I designed this map I had 2 things in mind. The first thing was the classic eerie feel of a doom level. There's nothing better than getting a little nostalgia while playing user made wads. The second thing was goatse. Goatse was really an inspiration for this map and I'd like to send out my thanks to him.

No, I have not received a texture/flat wad file, nor have I been offered it. I'll live, it's been going OK up until now ;-)

Sounds great with the sky and txt file.

Map12 (e2m1) is finished, a bit cramped maybe. But I think it feels like e2m1. :)

The next ones is map05(e1m5) and map27(something).
Map32 will wait, because I wanna make it BIG.

I'm sure I've asked this before but I'm too lazy to look and find out, so I'll ask it again?

Is music replacement okay? I was specifically thinking music from the original Doom level that is the basis of my level.

Archvile46 said:

I'm sure I've asked this before but I'm too lazy to look and find out, so I'll ask it again?

Is music replacement okay? I was specifically thinking music from the original Doom level that is the basis of my level.

uhm, I think they will put the original music into the wad, I hope so at least. Btw, map32 will be a bit like e4m8. :)
Just a bit larger and harder (I think).

Torn said:

uhm, I think they will put the original music into the wad, I hope so at least. Btw, map32 will be a bit like e4m8. :)
Just a bit larger and harder (I think).

Okay, cool. Just make sure my map has the music from E1M4 even though it's map 05 because when I originally got assigned a map it was map 4, which I based on E1M4.

Archvile46 said:

Okay, cool. Just make sure my map has the music from E1M4 even though it's map 05 because when I originally got assigned a map it was map 4, which I based on E1M4.

ok, i think this can probably be done ;) i figure nami's going to go with whatever music best fits the levels, and not just hand them out in the order they were in the original game :)

A few things to address:

1) No! Music will be handed out for D:E in such a way that the music for each level will be the WORST possible choice. ...No, of course I'm going to give you goons a chance to tell me what music you want. =P Music from any of the normal .wads (Doom, Doom2, TNT, Plutonia) or Hexen or Heretic, or even something you or a friend made will be accepted. We'll just put it in. If you don't specify what music I'll probably ask somebody else.

2) We need more mappers. The due date is a little more than a month away, if we plan to stay on time, so find more people if you can. Find friends (assuming you have any) to join!

3) DCK was nice enough to do this for us: http://smsart.host.sk/enigma_cp/ so go look at it. It's a bit off information, but we'll fix it later. Sarge, talk to me on IRC so I can tell you how to make news updates, heh.

MAP01 - Hyena (MAP RECIEVED)
MAP02 - Danarchy (MAP RECIEVED)
MAP03 - magikal
MAP04 - Chris Hansen
MAP05 - ArchVile
MAP06 - Silverwyvern
MAP07 - Torn
MAP08 - 5hfifty
MAP09 - Epyo (MAP RECIEVED)
MAP10 - SargeBaldy
MAP11 - Ralphis (MAP RECIEVED)

MAP12 - Torn
MAP13 - myk
MAP14 - DCK
MAP15 - SargeBaldy
MAP16 - Fizzter
MAP17 - Liam
MAP18 - Danarchy
MAP19 - skippy
MAP20 - Ralphis

MAP21 - ???
MAP22 - deathz0r
MAP23 - ???
MAP24 - ???
MAP25 - Black Void
MAP26 - ???
MAP27 - Torn
MAP28 - ???
MAP29 - Stealthy Ivan
MAP30 - Nanami

MAP31 - SargeBaldy
MAP32 - Torn

Come on, there has to be some E3 mappers out there. We need to fill these slots. CURRENT MAPPERS: If you want an E3 slot, feel free to grab one. We want to try to finish by May 1st if at all possible.

I predict e1 to be done around June 10 and the whole thing after the summer sometime. Good luck anyway =)

Archvile46 said:

huh?, I have map05...

When I signed up, I asked for map05...
blah... why the fuck did I get moved from map05? tell me...

people can have my map07, if they want...

nah, I am off anwyay...

Not to bump this thread or anything but all mappers should be aware that the due date for maps is May 1st. We're getting there, so if you're not done, get done. And if you haven't started, shame on you. =P I doubt we'll be done on time but I'll start assembling the wad at least. Get going people. Mail to Kara@xfury.net if you would, please.

Erik said:

I predict e1 to be done around June 10

Oh man, that would be nice.

Archvile46 said:

Oh man, that would be nice.

Unless he meant June 10th 2004 =P

NiGHTMARE said:

Unless he meant June 10th 2004 =P

That would also be nice. The more time I have to complete my level, the better.

Nanami said:

By more time to work on you mean more time to procrastinate right?

No, now that I've started it, I'm on a roll. I just want to make sure it's as cool as I'm planning on it being.

Lavarn said:

Is there going to be an Enigma:Doom2...or has this already been done?

heh. enigma is doom1 for doom2. i don't think nami has any plans for making a doom2 for doom2 mod anyime soon :P