Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Doom: Enigma

The Flange Peddler said:

Well I've done quite a bit of work on Map 27, I can try and get some pics done if you like...

please do

nanami:
What is it you're wanting to know?

Nothing specific, it just seemed the thread was dying so I looked for another source for news on D:E...

To The Flange Peddler:
The sceens look great. Some ceiling/ floor textures seem misplaced though... keep it up!

The Flange Peddler said:

Cheers. Those grey flats come under areas 'definately not almost done'.

Gotta love those Windeu defaults

ah ok, never seen those as the default before. keep up the good work :)

MAP01 - Hyena (COMPILED)
MAP02 - Danarchy (COMPILED)
MAP03 - magikal
MAP04 - Chris Hansen (COMPILED)
MAP05 - ArchVile
MAP06 - Silverwyvern (NEED LATEST VERSION)
MAP07 - Torn
MAP08 - 5hfifty
MAP09 - Epyo (COMPILED)
MAP10 - SargeBaldy (COMPILED)
MAP11 - Ralphis (NEED LATEST VERSION)

MAP12 - Torn (NEED LATEST VERSION)
MAP13 - myk
MAP14 - DCK (COMPLIED)
MAP15 - SargeBaldy
MAP16 - Fizzter (NEED LATEST VERSION)
MAP17 - Liam
MAP18 - dashiva
MAP19 - skippy
MAP20 - Ralphis

MAP21 - Thomas V (COMPILED)
MAP22 - deathz0r
MAP23 - ???
MAP24 - ???
MAP25 - Black Void (COMPILED)
MAP26 - ???
MAP27 - Torn
MAP28 - ???
MAP29 - Stealthy Ivan
MAP30 - Nanami (COMIPLED)

MAP31 - SargeBaldy
MAP32 - Torn

If you want to sign up or drop your spot, now's the time.

Nanami said:

MAP06 - Silverwyvern (NEED LATEST VERSION)
MAP12 - Torn (NEED LATEST VERSION)

i'm sure i have both of these somewhere. i probably have 5 copies of each actually, i just need to dig around and find them.

Nanami said:

MAP07 - Torn
MAP27 - Torn
MAP32 - Torn

torn is no longer on the project at all

and i'm going to drop map31, so anyone with an interest in doing either of the EP4-styled secret maps, now's your chance.

okay, yet another big announcement. nanami has left the project, and left it with me to do what i want with. nami kind of gave up hope for this thing a long time ago but i haven't.. yet.

the first thing i'm going to do is open all slots that people have taken but not yet made a map for, because people seem to be hesitant to formally announce they're not still working on the project, because they feel it makes them sound like quitters. well, i'm going to save you the bother and just take away your slots. if you want them back, ask for them back (if you ARE actually working on your map, i'll make sure you get your original slot back).

that means the following map slots are now available:

E1 style:
map03, map05, map07, map08

E2 style:
map13, map15 (with secret exit), map17-20

E3 style:
map22-map24, map26-map30

E4 style:
map31, map32

people who have completed a map or show me evidence that they're working to complete a map can email me at owen_lloyd@hotmail.com for a beta copy of D:E, featuring all that has currently been accomplished for the project. if i don't get some signups soon, i will be forced to scale the project back. and no, i won't be setting any new deadlines.

The Flange Peddler said:

Well I've been working on map 27 a bit recently...

all right, then it's yours, unless you want to move to somewhere else in episode now that more slots are available.

and actually, i'm going to take 13 for myself. i've been working on an e2 map for D:E but i took away my own spot, heh.

ralphis has claimed back the endboss map for ep2 and also decided to do map30. since he already did the ep1 boss map, he's taking care of all three boss maps now, so that means the following has yet to be claimed:

E1 style:

E2 style:
map15 (with secret exit), map17-19

E3 style:
map22-map24, map26-map29

E4 style:
map31, map32

Grogglogobofink said:

(if you ARE actually working on your map, i'll make sure you get your original slot back).

I'm still working but I've been in the British Isles for a month and won't get back until next Thursday (July 17). After that I'll be in Conneaut, Ohio for two weeks meaning I won't be able to get any significant work done until early August.

I have gotten some done and I'll e-mail you what I have as soon as I get home. I know I'm prone to extended disappearances from time to time, but if I actually ever quit the project I'd definitely let you know. I had map 05, btw.

that's ok, i'm not trying to rush anyone, i just didn't like the idea of a bunch of slots taken by people who have no intention of ever working on their maps. map05 is yours again (unless you want to move to another E1 slot).

Yeah but this isn't for zdoom :P

Plus where are we gonna get mappers for 4 more levels? Heh, we can't even get 32 maps.

Epyo said:

Yeah but this isn't for zdoom :P

Plus where are we gonna get mappers for 4 more levels? Heh, we can't even get 32 maps.

yeah, this isn't port specific, and heh. we still do need more people :/

on another note, i'm probably about halfway done with my second map.

What's your e-mail address, I'll send you what I have done.

yay, an update. thomas van der velden made a titlepic to go along with his interpic and m_doom replacements, and said he'll have me an E1 map in a couple months :) that leaves 3 E1 map slots open. when E1 is finished i'll release a 'shareware' demo. any takers for any of the remaining spots?

Cool, a mod based on a retelling of DooM :D

Can I be in there somewhere?
If not, atleast I'm still a part of FreeDoom :P

YES, please join! Here's the open spots!

Grogglogobofink said:

E1 style:

E2 style:
map15 (with secret exit), map17-19

E3 style:
map22-map24, map26-map29

E4 style:
map31, map32

Hey, I've said time and time again (just look a few posts up) that I'm doing an E3 map (map 27) :P

I actually also have (half) a map that I started ages ago that I never got round to finishing that could be used as an E1 map.

I've been meaning to ask, will the player 'die' at the end of each episode (similar to what happens in Scythe)? I think having to start each episode with no weapons is vital in trying to recreate the original doom atmosphere.

The Flange Peddler said:

Hey, I've said time and time again (just look a few posts up) that I'm doing an E3 map (map 27) :P

heh, yeah i know you have that one. epyo was quoting an earlier list.

The Flange Peddler said:

I actually also have (half) a map that I started ages ago that I never got round to finishing that could be used as an E1 map.

sweet :)

The Flange Peddler said:
I've been meaning to ask, will the player 'die' at the end of each episode (similar to what happens in Scythe)? I think having to start each episode with no weapons is vital in trying to recreate the original doom atmosphere. [/B]

what happens in scythe? i only played it coop. i think that would be a good thing to have, but how could you manage that with a limitless port?

In scythe, erik used the boss brain. you teleported into some barrells or something that also killed the boss brain. it killed you, but if you waited a few secs you'd be taken to the next level as the boss had died too.

Alternatively you could have the player teleport onto some barrells that are in a sector with the 'end level when life reaches less than 10%' special, killing the player instantly, but ending the level also. This is exactly what happens at the end of E1 in doom (but with monsters not barrells) so it'd fit nicely.

I'm a bit interested in doing map 03... well, I'm interested a lot. But I'm just going to need some information. Okay, so here we go:

1. The map must be compatibile with vanilla Doom 2, right?
2. How big (kbytes) this one should be?
3. Approx. how many monsters?
4. What 'things' are allowed, and which are not?
5. Do you need difficulty settings?
6. How much time will I have to report with the map finished?

mail me: ellmo@o2.pl

also please visit my 'homepage'... I'm currently workin on a project very simillar to yours. I'm trying to bring some Doom 1 expereince to Doom 2. The maps are ZDoom compatibile, but you can still have a view on my skills and mapping abilities...

The Flange Peddler said:
Alternatively you could have the player teleport onto some barrells that are in a sector with the 'end level when life reaches less than 10%' special, killing the player instantly, but ending the level also. This is exactly what happens at the end of E1 in doom (but with monsters not barrells) so it'd fit nicely.

It wouldn't work, though, as that sector doesn't let you die. I assume you could make the player teleport onto voodoo dolls and a Romero head instead; don't 4-player voodoo dolls work? If they do the teleporting Player would kill every Player in Cooperative mode.

myk said:

It wouldn't work, though, as that sector doesn't let you die. I assume you could make the player teleport onto voodoo dolls and a Romero head instead; don't 4-player voodoo dolls work? If they do the teleporting Player would kill every Player in Cooperative mode.

Ah shit you're absolutely right there. You do go to the next level but you don't die and lose yoru weapons.

The romero head/voodoo doll works though. Just place a voodoo doll and romero head in the same place and teelport right on top of them. I don't know abbout multiplayer voodoo dolls. I guess they should work, but would placing 4 voodoo dolls on top of each other make strange effects (like a telefrag as soon as the level starts???)?

The Flange Peddler said:

but would placing 4 voodoo dolls on top of each other make strange effects (like a telefrag as soon as the level starts???)?

i doubt it. if you put two monsters on top of each other they don't telefrag one another, they just get stuck. i'm also not 100% you can use player starts 2-4 for voodoo dolls, never tried it.