Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Doom: Enigma

flange peddler: map looks awesome :) i can definitely catch the E3M7 resemblence, although i think your map is probably better :) can't wait to see it all textured and monstered up.

Nanami said:

Actually since the Nazi drops clips it's a replacement for Commander Keen

ah ok, makes sense. i thought you could just disable that or something, shows what i know about dehacked.

I don't think so but it won't matter much. The only difference is what item you place in the map. It uses Keen and Nazi frames and codepointers so it won't matter either way.

that's another thing i should point out. cyberdemons, spiderdemons, and (insertwackynewmonsternamehere)s all trigger the keen doll's effect of opening a door with trigger 666.

Yeah, so if anyone wants to use that in their level go for it. You can make it so you can't exit a certain area until one of those monsters is dead.

Nanami said:

Yeah, so if anyone wants to use that in their level go for it. You can make it so you can't exit a certain area until one of those monsters is dead.

hey now! read up. it's allowed in Map32, Map25, Map28, and Map30.

That's cool news, good to have a slightly more manipulatable trigger 666.

Also, what map spots are free in Episode 1 and 2? I have an old map which I never finished, as it didn't quite turn out like I had hoped. It was going to be called icgray and be an entire level using only gray/silver textures and flats :P

But I got an idea last night about how I could cut and paste certain bits around to make it play better, and I think it could end up quite good. I would also add a slightly more varied colourscheme. Anyway, depending on what spots are left, I think I could make it into an Episode 1 or 2 map. At the moment certain monster encounters might lean more towards episode 2.

sargebaldy said:

hey now! read up. it's allowed in Map32, Map25, Map28, and Map30.

I was talking about whoever's doing the Cyberdemon boss battle and stuff.

The Flange Peddler said:

But I got an idea last night about how I could cut and paste certain bits around to make it play better, and I think it could end up quite good. I would also add a slightly more varied colourscheme. Anyway, depending on what spots are left, I think I could make it into an Episode 1 or 2 map. At the moment certain monster encounters might lean more towards episode 2.

heh, good, because no ep1 slots exist at the moment.
ep2 has this left:
map15 (with secret exit), map17-19 (map18 should contain an archvile mid-boss)

Nanami said:

I was talking about whoever's doing the Cyberdemon boss battle and stuff.

O_o k i obviously wasn't awake when i wrote that.

Well, I can't believe no one's claimed those E3 slots yet. I also can't believe this bullshit the project is going through. Disappointing, to say the least. Anyways, I've always wanted to do a level that was mainly textured in flesh, and since there are plenty o' E3 slots, I do believe I'll take one. I'd prefer one I could shove a Cyb or Spidey in, but if that can't be arranged, I can live with it. Also, Archviles are allowed, right? I don't care what map number, by the way.

I'll be frank, though (as long as you'll be Cindy): It may not get done for a while. I've got a bit o' stuff on ma plate, and while I can easily throw that onto the way back burner, I'm also a basically lazy person. I think I'll be able to make it, though. Any particular size you want?

how's map25 sound? that one will include the new monster lilwhitemouse made and is about halfway through the episode. archviles are indeed allowed in E3. as for a particular size.. maybe 100, 120k or so. could be smaller if you run out ideas. no good to keep mapping when you don't know what to do with it anymore.

Archies are okay in E3, but unless Sarge changed the rules my original post said that you can use them, just don't go nuts. More than two or three would probably be a bit much unless it's MAP29 or MAP30.

Oh Sarge, do you want me to make Archies trigger tag 666 as well?

Nanami said:

Archies are okay in E3, but unless Sarge changed the rules my original post said that you can use them, just don't go nuts. More than two or three would probably be a bit much unless it's MAP29 or MAP30.

yes good point. this isn't AV people :)

Oh Sarge, do you want me to make Archies trigger tag 666 as well?

yeah, since map18 will use one as a mini-boss.

Alright, cool, I'll probably get started today, then. Could ya give me a link to the monster? Oh, and are Cyberdemons allowed in E3?

Mancubus II said:

Is this the biggest thread evar yet?

The WTC thread was pretty damn big, as was the "level-by-level review of Doom/Doom2" thread. This is only 6 pages thus far (I'm on 50 replies per page).

the biggest threads i can remember are the community chest one and the one about the war in iraq. i've been here less than a year though. heh, and it's kind of weird. when i hear WTC now i think of my map O_o

There may be better ways to do the search, but this should be fairly representative.

This thread still has a long way to go.

sargebaldy said:

when i hear WTC now i think of my map O_o

Your fault for having such a sick sense of humr :P

sargebaldy said:

depends on how many posts you have set per page. i use 50, so it's only 6 pages for me.

Yeah, same here.

My numbers are with the default number of posts per page so it's more universally understood. =P

Just to let teh Sarge and Nanami know, I'm drafting up the level on paper today. When is the deadline?

that WAS the deadline. now i just kind of vaguely want E1 stuff by sometime in october, E2/E3 stuff by november or so. no specific deadlines, but as early as possible would be nice. i don't much care for everyone waiting till the last minute.

Ha-hah! ellmo's back from the island of Bornholm! Even more- he's ready to draw some new maps. So, anyone, tell me, are there any E1/E2 slots still open?

indeed there are. no ep1 slots available, but E2 still has map15 (with secret exit), map17, map18 (with archvile mini boss [with keen codepointer to open doors with trigger 666 on death]), and map19. i just got mostly done with my map13 today, just need to add in things.

I just realized a little while ago that if we want to be done by Doom's 10th aniversery (and I think we do), we need to start having some people fill in those E3 slots. I know we wanted to have each Ep level done by a different person, but I don't think it's possible now.

EDIT: I *might* be able to do a Gate to Limbo level, if we really need it.

EDIT 2: Heh, Warrens should also be based on the first E3 level.

i've finished my second map for D:E, this one being my E2 map (map13):
http://oregonstate.edu/~lloydo/de13.png
http://oregonstate.edu/~lloydo/de13-2.png

Grimm said:

I just realized a little while ago that if we want to be done by Doom's 10th aniversery (and I think we do), we need to start having some people fill in those E3 slots. I know we wanted to have each Ep level done by a different person, but I don't think it's possible now.

yeah i don't care about that anymore. we just need maps.

Grimm said:

EDIT: I *might* be able to do a Gate to Limbo level, if we really need it.

cool although if you do, don't make it too much like limbo because flange peddler's map already uses that style.

Grimm said:

EDIT 2: Heh, Warrens should also be based on the first E3 level.

o_O this is for doom2 remember. there are two secret levels and they're both being done in ep4 style.