Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

Mighty Doom Gameplay and Review (Android)

---

INTRODUCTION

Hey everyone,

Mighty Doom is a new mobile Doom spin-off based on Doom Eternal that's been in early access testing in Canada and New Zealand for almost over a year at this point. There was a previous thread on the Doom Eternal subforum where I wrote a few posts commenting on its development. Due to some ridiculous changes regarding monetization and hitting a wall in terms of difficulty, I took an extended break from the game. However with my new phone, I'm actually able to record video gameplay of Mighty Doom without any crashes - previously, I just took screenshots. So I have recorded over an hour of no-commentary gameplay going over all the stages and taking a brief look at different menu features. Since it's been a long time since I covered this game and considering this is a mobile Doom game, I decided to create a new thread here on the Console Doom subforum. Since this is an always-online mobile game, the game's long-term longevity is questionable - so I wanted to document as much as I could, as well as offer my thoughts on the game.

Screenshots:

Loading Screen

Main Page

MONETIZATION

First, I wouldn't recommend the game just on the basis of its blatant monetization on an unreleased early access game. It's typical mobile-style monetization - able to spend upwards to $100 on in-game currency, various resource bundles, and skins with different gameplay effects. You can watch advertisements daily to earn additional currency or boost the auto-resource generator - and can even watch an advertisement to revive once during gameplay. The auto-resource generator was updated to be time-limited to encourage you to login more often - which is also the role of the daily login rewards. There's also a VIP pass you can purchase (no option to buy with in-game currency) to earn additional rewards from completing stages. One of the updates increased the cost of unlocking upgrades while also reducing stage completion rewards to make the game even more grindy.

That's the kind of mobile game that Mighty Doom is. Unlike the previous mobile-exclusive Doom games, this isn't aimed at being a creative spin like the Doom RPGs or a standalone demake like Doom Resurrection. It's a modern mobile title that's cashing in on Doom Eternal's success and it's an always-online game that likely won't be preserved in the long-term. It's really unfortunate that this is the case, and is a strong reason not to engage with the game.

Bundles and Deals

Lootboxes for Crystals or Keys

Crystals for Cash

Coins for Crystals

GAMEPLAY

Mighty Doom is a top-down shooter where you advance through stages - fighting demons, dodging attacks, and unlocking upgrades. Most notably, you cannot attack and move at the same time, meaning you need to strategize when to reposition and when to stand and attack. Besides that, the actual moment-to-moment gameplay is mostly faithful to the spirit of Doom. In the later stages, you often fight a diverse group of demons each with different attacks and behaviors, which can be quite fun if not a bit overwhelming in some arenas with tight spaces. I actually like the gameplay, but it does suffer from being repetitive for three reasons: (1) enemy compositions usually aren't diverse enough from room-to-room, (2) you primarily rely on just one weapon, and (3) the rooms are bland in layout.

One of the hallmarks to any Doom game is the level design - exploring the environment for secrets or using it to your advantage in combat. Mighty Doom lacks that - each room is a small rectangle with some boxes randomly littered about. It makes every fight feel same-y, and there isn't any interesting ways to approach combat. It would be like if Classic Doom was just a series of rooms with some blocks around and all you had was a Chaingun. It might be fun for a little bit, but it'd wear out really fast. There are a few damaging surfaces like spikes or interactive moment tiles like teleporters, which are nice opportunities for change but are too few and far between. You can also see the patterns of enemy spawns repeating themselves really quick as well, while there are fights later on that are diverse - many of them unfortunately are not. And finally, you use just one weapon with two alternates - a secondary weapon and a melee weapon. However, both of those alternate weapons are a one-time use with a cooldown, meaning you're just using the default weapon for the majority of gameplay. All of these issues contribute to an overall sense of repetitiveness.

Gameplay Screenshot

Settings Page

DIFFICULTY

Mighty Doom is divided into five primary stages, each with 50 rooms (with one exception). The health and damage output of the enemies increases per room advanced, meaning eventually everything turns into a bullet sponge that kills in a few hits. Initially, I liked that the game seemed mostly skill-based since you could just avoid all the projectiles and play smart with spacing in the environment. But my enjoyment got reduced when I slowly found out about the stat increases with each room completion. When you hit a difficulty wall from that, it's really demoralizing and was one of the primary reasons I stopped playing for a long time.

The solution is supposed to be grinding earlier stages to unlock more permanent upgrades, but the issue is that the upgrade acquisition rate seems to be incredibly slow. There's a gearing system, but I've barely made any significant interactions with it in ages - it feels like upgrading and unlocking gear is really slow. There's also a talents system with passive upgrades that can be purchased with coins. Of course, this is one of the systems that became more grindy in one of the upgrades. Overall, the difficulty feels quite artificial and it's really slow to try to use the "solution", which is likely on purpose to encourage players to spend on currency.

MECHANICS

Enemies have a chance to become staggered when near-killed, allowing you to melee them for a Glory Kill that restores health. Other than that, there's no way to recover health in combat. One of the purposes of Glory Kills in Doom 2016 / Eternal is that they are a strategic way to recovering health from enemies. If there's no way to reliably stagger enemies, then healing in combat is basically random. There's no medikits to pick up either, so your health recovery is effectively dependent on random chance, which isn't fun when you're low on health.

If you do die, you have 5 seconds to revive yourself once per game - either by watching an advertisement or by spending the crystal currency. This mechanic is even worse once you realize that when Mighty Doom initially was available for testing, the revival effect was free because "the Slayer's rage lets him keep fighting". Which was a flavorful second chance, but the current implementation is desperately pushing you to make a quick decision to watch an ad or spend currency (that you can spend real money on). It overall leaves a sour taste each time you play.

Every few room completions usually come with an unlock. First, you earn experience every fight which can unlock the ability to choose one of three random upgrades. They are themed by weapons, glory kills, and other general upgrades. I actually like this mechanic, although most of the builds tend to be linear. Every few rooms completed gives you a small room where you can unlock one of two upgrades offered by a friendly Sentinel - either a minor boost or healing. Previously, the healing was a chance to gain armor instead, but currently there's no longer a way to acquire armor in the game. Finally, defeating a boss room either gives a Supply Bot or a Seraphim - the former gives you a random spin for one upgrade while the latter gives you a offer where you get a bonus at the cost of a penalty. Not a fan of the supply bot, I'd rather just be able to choose an upgrade, especially since most of the time it just gives experience. For the Seraphim, I also like this mechanic since it involves more interesting decision-making that could penalize you in future rooms.

MONSTERS

Here's an overview of all enemies so far. Most of the enemies have alternate versions, some have larger boss variants, and a few are boss-exclusives.

Zombie - Very basic enemies that slowly move to melee the player. They're basically fodder and aren't very interesting. Considering you can't strategically trigger staggers like in Doom 2016/Eternal, their role in gameplay is diminished.

Mecha Zombie - Fires a projectile in various directions. The lack of aiming means they are pretty much a non-threat, unless you aren't careful with positioning. They also have a close-range flamethrower attack, but it rarely ever occurs.

Blaster Soldier - Fires a projectile in a straight line. They're simple but are pretty effective, and can be deceptively dangerous in larger numbers. One of the variants. One of the variants fires multiple projectiles at a time, making them even more dangerous in the bigger fights.

Shield Soldier - Has a shield to absorb damage and attacks in melee. Lack of damage output means they don't seem to be really threatening and you can permanently disable the shield with just enough damage, so they're overall very ineffective.

Hell Razer - Unleashes a tracking laser beam after a delay. These are easily the most dangerous enemies in the game - the tracking lasts for a long time and having to deal with a delayed attack is really problematic in most chaotic fights. One of the alternate variants fires multiple beams as well, which is even more absurd to deal with when there's so many other enemies to deal with. You can see in the gameplay how many times Hell Razers consistently put me at low health compared to any other enemy, and really I think it's the only enemy that needs to be nerfed.

Tentacle - Hidden stationary enemies that melee when in range. They're really not threatening at all and I don't think I even took damage from any of them. The boss variant is hilariously bad though - while it remains revealed throughout the fight, its attack is limited in range - meaning you can kill it from a distance safely and it has no way of actually hitting.

Imp - Tosses a fireball in a location after a delay. Because of how little space the fireballs take at a projected location and how long they take to fire, they're considerably less threatening than the similar Blaster Soldiers. One variant is a blue imp that tosses multiple projectiles, which can be surprisingly dangerous if you're not careful.

Prowler - Tosses a fireball while also teleporting to avoid attacks. Previously, the Prowler used to shoot multiple projectiles before teleporting. In a recent update, they seem to teleport each time they take damage, which is incredibly annoying to deal with since you spend a long time trying to finish the last Prowler off in a fight after everything else is already dead.

Pinky - Charges in a straight line while armored from the front. They're really tanky compared to most other enemies in the game, and because of the lack of mobility options, you can't quickly or reliably get behind to avoid the protective armor. Their attacks have long enough delays between each other, that they're really not a dangerous enemy.

Lost Soul - Charges in a straight line. Just a lower tier version of the Pinky functionally. Interestingly, an alternate variant "wanders" around the arena in predetermined paths. That one is more interesting to play against and should probably be the default version. Considering you can't manually aim, sometimes trying to finish off these wandering Lost Souls can be a bit tricky.

Cacodemon - Fires a projectile while also flying over unpassable terrain. A straightforward but decent enemy for its flying ability. Also has a bite attack, but that rarely is seen. One of the alternate variants fires projectiles that bounce off of surfaces, which is also interesting to avoid. Not much to say, but I like the Cacodemon overall.

Whiplash - Fires a barrage of projectiles. This one is a bit weird since an earlier update had them attack with their whip at medium range like their Doom Eternal counterpart. Not sure why they changed it. One of the characteristics of the Whiplash is that it's supposed to be difficult to hit, but the one in Mighty Doom is a relatively easier to hit, so it loses that bit of its personality.

Revenant - Shoots tracking missiles and flies around periodically. The missile is more Doom 3 than Classic Doom, so it's easy to avoid if you keep a good distance. In any case, the enemy isn't particularly threatening.

Cyber-Mancubus - A boss-only enemy that fires frontal gases and tosses projectiles occasionally. Not really a threatening enemy and I defeated him without taking any damage. Seems to need to increase its speed and reactivity since it sat around and did nothing for a while for the boss fight. Not sure why there's no regular Mancubus.

Hell Knight - Leaps at the player and performs melee attacks. Another simple enemy but fairly decent since it's more unpredictable compared to Lost Souls or Pinkies. Relatedly, there also used to be a Baron of Hell boss, which didn't seem to spawn during my playthrough. Not sure if it's a rare chance thing or if it got cut.

Hell Priest - A Mighty Doom-exclusive boss enemy (based on the Hell Priests from Doom Eternal). Mostly just unleashes meteors on the arena, which isn't too difficult to avoid. I noted previously there was an close-range area attack, but that didn't get used in my recent playthrough. I think having a non-boss version that spawns meteors in regular fights would actually be interesting to have around.

Doom Hunter - A boss-only enemy with two phases. It fires tracking missiles in the first phase, almost exactly like the Revenant since they're also really easy to avoid. The second phase occurs after taking some damage, where the Doom Hunter now charges in straight lines. Also pretty easy to avoid, so it's overall another boss that's pretty easy to deal with.

Boss Variants - Many of the lower tier enemies have alternate boss versions, where you just fight one of them at a larger size. Sometimes, they have smaller versions to aid them or call down meteors during the arena. It's pretty amusing to see something like a Zombie boss or a Lost Soul boss.

Also, there's an Arachnotron and a Dread Knight in the promotional wallpaper for the game, but I haven't encountered them at all. Maybe they're not implemented yet, I don't know.

---

LOCATIONS

Each of the five stages are based on different environments - Earth, Exultia, Nekravol, Doom Hunter Base, and Hell on Earth. Most of the stages play similar to each other, but of course the later stages are tougher and have more damaging surfaces present in the arenas. Interestingly, Nekravol is the only 20-floor stage - where you fight waves of enemies after passing a certain part of each room. Conversely, the other stages are 50 rooms where you just fight a single wave of enemies that spawn immediately. Not sure why it's different, but I think it's a good idea to help make different stages more unique from each other considering most of the rooms are going to feel same-y after a while anyways.

There also used to be a Mars Core stage, but that got removed in one of the updates. Not sure why or if their plan is to rotate stages.

---

MENU FEATURES

Sentinel Batteries - To enter a stage, you need to spend 5 Sentinel Batteries of 20 that recharge over time. This is the typical "limited playtime" mechanic present in most modern mobile games. What makes it worse is that the earlier versions of Mighty Doom didn't have this mechanic present. And of course, you can spend crystals to refill Sentinel Batteries instantly, which can also be earned by spending real money.

Coins and Crystals - These are the two currencies of the game. The coins are passively earned from defeating demons and are spent on upgrading gear or unlocking talents. You can unlock more coins by spending crystals. Crystals are Mighty Doom's "premium" currency that is also present in most modern mobile games, and of course can be purchased with real money. You can earn Crystals without spending money, but at a significantly slower rate.

VEGA Mining - An auto-resource generator that gives coins and experience. Previously, there was no capacity on VEGA Mining, meaning if you left the game for a month, you'd have a month's worth of resources to pick up next time. In an update though, they placed a capacity on it that fills by the end of the day. The funny thing is that the previous implementation of VEGA Mining did actually convince me to check in once every few weeks, but the current implementation just soured the game enough for me to turn away for months instead.

VEGA Mining Page

Mail and Events - Both of these are unimplemented currently. Mail was a newer addition and it's pretty clear that it's supposed to be an intended way of delivering messages to the player. Events are interesting because the menu for them has been in the game since it initially released for early testing, but over a year later now, still no events have been put into the game.

Events Page

Mail Page

Chapter and Daily Rewards - Completing stage milestones for the first time unlocks chapter rewards as a bonus. There's also a VIP Pass present in the Chapters Reward menu that unlocks additional bonuses from the milestones that can only be purchased with real money. The Daily Rewards are pretty straightforward, and in a recent update, are now cumulatively given (which is why I'm already on the sixth day of the reward despite not playing recently) rather than having the player actually log in each day to avoid resetting the daily reward count.

Daily Missions Page

Daily Rewards Page

Inventory - The inventory menu allows you to equip and upgrade gear to increase your power. This seems to be a poorly implemented system though. I haven't had any significant interactions with gearing in ages, most of my gear has been upgraded from the earlier levels, and there isn't enough gear resources to actually upgrade the newer pieces, so they tend to be worse anyways. I also still have some slots unfilled despite being finished with all the stages. There's also a surprising lack of weapons, their drop rates are extremely low. I was excited to get the Combat Shotgun, but it seemingly shares the primary weapon slot with the Heavy Cannon - and that's too good to replace. You can also fuse three duplicate items of the same rarity to upgrade them as well, but that's also really rare and slow. This gearing system just feels too slow and as a result, I've basically hardly interacted with it at all.

Inventory Page

Equipment Page

Talents - A menu of passive bonuses that can be spent with coins. For whatever reason, the bonuses are randomly given - so you can't actually choose which upgrades to pick. In the earlier versions of the game, it was actually relatively easy to progress in the Talents page. After one of the updates, they significantly increased the cost to Talent upgrades, to the point that I'm actually concerned the new player experience is probably going to be much more difficult. From the previous thread, I estimated the coin costs was increased by 10x, which is absurd. I doubt I would've gotten this far in the game if I had to overcome all that grinding in the earlier stages.

Talents Page

---

CONCLUSION

Mighty Doom is a disappointment, featuring more negatives than positives unfortunately.

On the one hand, I actually like the moment-to-moment gameplay of attacking enemies, dodging projectiles, using the environment to your advantage, and periodically unlocking upgrades within a run. I also think the cute aesthetic based on the collectibles from Doom Eternal fits the nature of being a mobile experience really well. The music is also pretty cool too and I like the renditions of pre-existing new Doom tracks (I think I heard a cover of Harbinger...). I think the game has potential if it was pivoted as a rogue-like Doom game featuring randomly generated maze levels, short but fast runs, and randomized unlocks and upgrades to keep gameplay fresh.

But the gameplay is too repetitive and bland. Most of the rooms feel the same. Most of the fights feel the same. There's no exploration and most of the challenge comes from absurdly tuned damage and health scaling in the later stages. Progression relies too much on grinding earlier stages at a glacial pace. The upgrade system is poorly implemented and hardly worth interacting with. I don't feel compelled to keep playing, playing for an hour shows you everything the game has to offer. Doom games retain their longevity from having excellently crafted campaigns for you to explore and engage in - this game lacks that. It's just room after room after of the same 2-3 enemies at a time. Combat is simplistic, there isn't any choosing the right weapon for the right job, carefully triggering in-fighting to lay off pressure, or shooting at barrels to your advantage - every fight is approached with the same tactics.

Not to mention the hilariously bad monetization present in the game - that is still in early testing over a year later. You can spend hundreds of dollars on in-game currencies. You're pushed to watch advertisements to gain other bonuses. Updates have made the game grindier and slower to encourage more spending for faster rewards. You can spend money on gameplay-altering skins or the VIP pass for bonus rewards - that you can't unlock through normal play. The game is so clearly interesting in cash-grabbing on Doom Eternal's popularity, that the whole package comes off as souring and off-putting.

It's been almost a year after early testing has been enabled, and it's not really clear they can pivot this game to be something worth playing even after several updates. As it is right now, it remains a curiosity to try out but there's no compelling reason to stick with it in the long-term.

---

Previous thread on the Doom Eternal subforum:

Edited by AtimZarr1 : Added screenshots from new UI update

5 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Most notably, you cannot attack and move at the same time, meaning you need to strategize

This alone seems very strange to me. All real Doom games is known for running and gunning, not for being a glorified turret. Watching your game play, I do find it odd watching the sudden stops just to shoot.

Based on the game play shown, I reckon I would agree with your conclusion.

The presentation seems amazing with music, sound and design. If they did make a indie top down shooter available in all platforms with running / gunning and actual levels with secrets etc (and obviously no mobile monetization) I think this would be a cool game.

I quickly skimmed through numerous points over the hour+ long video, and I didn't see anything other than Doom Man fighting up a tiny sliver of vertical hallway at every moment. Are you sure you didn't loop the same 10 second snippit of gameplay hundreds of times in your upload by accident?

Well, this is kind of disappointing to hear, has someone who enjoys playing Archero (the game Mighty Doom is based on), I was kind of hoping that this game would be better in terms of grinding and monetization, since it's horrible in Archero. But from the looks of it, it seems like Mighty Doom hasn't improved anything over Archero.

The game might not be great, but I do like the franchise experimenting with different genres.

Looking back, I wish Id Software had made Doom spin-offs that play like Contra, The Chaos Engine or Wild Guns. 

The first thing this game reminded me of at a glance was CodeImp's Bloodmasters, which used Doom assets very early in development. Those isometric screenshots with the Doomguy going around shooting demons look awesome!

Take that and fuse it with all those terrible "encourage you to spend real cash every 5 seconds"-type mobile games, and you get Mighty Doom. What a waste. It's mighty inferior to CodeImp's 15+ year old experiment using Doom assets..

Thanks so much for the detailed review and footage, making it plain-as-day that this was a low-effort attempt at a cash grab.

I am in fact very satisfied with the knowledge that Mighty Doom was a real thing and isn't just some weird fever dream I had once.

I wasn't planning on covering any more updates for Mighty Doom, but interestingly a recent patch has a few large-scale undocumented changes - including the ability to finally move and shoot at the same time. That's a significant game-changer (if rather hilarious to read for any Doom fan) as Mighty Doom's early access build since its availability last year always had the perplexing "move or shoot" mechanic. This change makes the game significantly easier and more fun to play, although the issues with general repetition still plague the overall gameplay. At the very least, it does suggest the developers are willing to make changes to the game to improve overall feel and flow - so that's commendable.

Another significant change is the addition of Events, at long last. The Events Page had been locked since the game's early access launch over a year ago and it wasn't clear either what it was supposed to be exactly. Currently, they seem to be 2-3 daily challenges with added gameplay modifiers. From a gameplay perspective, they're a bit more incentivizing to login for compared to something like the daily login rewards or quests. However, their delivery is a little lackluster. Currently the challenges are just 20 stages with one "positive" modifier and one "negative" modifier, both of which are quite insignificant. For example, a debuff modifier might be extra damage and speed for Cacodemons or that melee-only enemies will spawn. These modifiers don't really mean much in the moment-to-moment gameplay and it fails to create a more varied experience which I presume is the reason for these to exist in the first place.

Video Gameplay of Events + Moving and Shooting (about one minute in for gameplay)

Three more minor changes that I may as well mention is the inclusion of elemental damage types, changes to bosses, and a UI update.

Elemental damage is pretty interesting as different weapons / enemies will have different effects depending on the elemental type. For example, the previous "blue imps" that tossed multiple fireballs now toss "iceballs" that slow the player down. Or you can unlock a "Lead Poisoning" upgrade in a run that causes your Heavy Cannon's bullets to inflict a damage-over-time effect on enemies. An interesting change that adds a bit of flavor.

Most bosses are now somewhat more tougher with more aggressive or unique attacks. For example, the Whiplash boss variant now tosses multiple zig-zagging projectiles that are surprisingly tough to avoid. Some of the bosses can continue to be exploited, like the Tentacle boss that still is out-of-range of the player or the Doom Hunter boss that doesn't turn to face you in the first phase (so you can just run past him to avoid his auto-shots).

Finally, there's a UI update to add a lot more color to the game menus. Nothing much to say regarding this, besides that it just makes the game shinier to look at. Interestingly, they also added Daisy to Doomguy's shoulder on the loading screen. I do wonder if a UI update like this suggests the game may be planned to be released sometime in the near-ish future. Perhaps possible news at QuakeCon?

Anyways, to highlight the UI changes and to remind everyone what kind of game Mighty Doom is, here's a screenshot from the in-game store:

MC3mOJW.jpg

I also included screenshots featuring the UI update at various points in the original post, although just as links.

This looks so much like every low-effort mobile game that I'm surprised they didn't try to turn it into an infinite runner.

The Doom Eternal sound effects don't fit with the more cutesy, chibi graphic style at all. Same deal with the music. Skimming through the video reveals that the entire game is just running down the same corridor over and over and pressing two buttons (as Revenant100 put it so succinctly.) Of all the Bethesda franchises to get the crappy uninspired cashgrab app treatment, why did they go for a franchise that has historically NOT been on mobile devices?

Looks like gameplays changed a bit.  Pretty decent time but nothing insane. Fun game to play on the toilet 

I think it's an interesting concept with potential but it's not executed well and is too mobile phone-y for me, it reminds me of Plants vs. Zombies 3 and how that game simplified and bastardised the PvZ formula. The short, samey rooms and a lack of a clear sense of gameplay progression (for example each room is its own level when they should be rooms that make up bigger levels, that have a clear start and end) especially remind me of it.

As some may know, Mighty Doom is getting released next month (funnily enough about a year since after this post was made). I don't know why it took this long to release, I was beginning to suspect the game was quietly canceled. This year will be Doom's 30th anniversary, so maybe it has something to do with that. As a recent update was added to the game, I figured I should record some updated high-level gameplay footage too. I go through the menu systems, daily events gameplay, and the final mission (Hell on Earth Pt. II). Some notable additions in this update include: a battle pass, weapon skins, destructible walls, shootable barrels, the addition of the Burst Rifle (from 2016's MP!), some new weapon powers in-run, and maybe the Mars Core maps randomly back in the daily Events levels.

Here's the gameplay:

Admittedly, I've been enjoying Mighty Doom recently more than before in bite-sized bits. Its major criticisms are still there like general repetition dragging longer gameplay and its sour-taste mobile-standard monetization set-up that drives its progression system. I can really only tolerate 15 minutes in a day, and that's just to complete the daily event levels. And not to mention that mobile game preservation in general is terrible, and this game being always-online doesn't help in that regard either. There's a decent chance this game might go the way of Doom Resurrection in how many years. On the upside, they do bother to add a few new ideas, like the fight-able Hell Priest bosses, enemy (boss) variants with extra/modified attacks like the ice Imps, and elemental damage and effects for each enemy and weapon. The developers have been trying to vary up the moment-to-moment gameplay with updated room layouts and enemy compositions, so I'll give them credit for effort there. Besides adding the battle pass and weapon skins, they've also added more environmental interactions this most recent update - you can destroy walls with enough damage, there are explosive barrels for you to shoot at, and there seems to be more hazards in rooms. Not to mention, drastically overhauling the gameplay with the added ability to move and shoot in an earlier version also helps it set itself apart from other Achero clones while also leaning more into the expected Doom gameplay. While it's easy to be pessimistic about its longevity (in both playtime and lifetime), I think the developers have shown signs of at least listening and trying, and I think that's commendable.

Definitely worth a try if you're interested in having something on the side, but probably not enough on its own to be enjoyed at a deeper level, let alone be considered the main attraction for Doom's 30th anniversary.

I’ll be giving it a go for sure as a curiosity and a bit of Doom during breaks at work. 

I hope and doubt though this isn’t all they have up their sleeves for a significant anniversary of one of the most important and influential franchises in gaming history.