Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luke11685

Creating digital videogames launcher

Any ideas how to make a replica of Epic Games Launcher Storefront? Because for instance,as an example alternatives such as Rare and Legendary won’t allow me to import some games such as Unreal 1995 Tech Demo,Jazz Jackrabbit 3D,Jazz Jackrabbit iOS Kismet Tutorial,Unreal Tournament 3,Unreal Engine 1(final build),Unreal Engine 2,Unreal Engine 3/Unreal Development Kit…etc. I guess Paragon,Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo,Unreal Tournament 4,Unreal Engine/Editor 4 is already on Epic Games Launcher. I guess I’m afraid cross-play platforming era wouldn’t solve the problem.

Edited by luke11685

2 hours ago, luke11685 said:

Any ideas how to make a replica of Epic Games Launcher Storefront?

Yeah, code one.

2 hours ago, luke11685 said:

Because for instance,as an example alternatives such as Rare and Legendary won’t allow me to import some games such as Unreal 1995 Tech Demo,Jazz Jackrabbit 3D,Jazz Jackrabbit iOS Kismet Tutorial,Unreal Tournament 3,Unreal Engine 1(final build),Unreal Engine 2,Unreal Engine 3/Unreal Development Kit…etc. I guess Paragon,Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo,Unreal Tournament 4,Unreal Engine/Editor 4 is already on Epic Games Launcher. I guess I’m afraid cross-play platforming era wouldn’t solve the problem.

Because those programs are way too old. But Epic should hold a feature to add non-EGL launcher games.

3 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Yeah, code one.

Because those programs are way too old. But Epic should hold a feature to add non-EGL launcher games.

Such as for instance,as an example Steam?

I’d be happy to give you some hints.

1. Pick a language that your know or learn one suitable for the task.  My preference would be C++ and QT for the front end GUI plus SQLite for a local database of stored games to fetch metadata from.  Of course you can use MongoDB and also NoSQL if you wish to use more JSON like metadata storage.

2. If you don’t know a language, now is an awesome time to start.  Great books, plenty of examples to practice on and hone your skills.

Creating a game launcher like Epic, GOG Galaxy or Steam is quite the undertaking and would be a huge task for one person. So you’ll be looking to create a team.

3. After about 5 years of learning and honing your skills, then take it on.

4. Use GOG Galaxy or Hakros instead :)

Happy coding!

So are there video tutorials of how to learn programming code speaking of tutorials basics of game launchers? Anyway I heard Game Launcher Creator doesn’t require creating custom game launcher manually,but it’s not for free as freeware. Well yeah small team would a adequate thing…etc. I guess Game Launcher Creator is costing 20$. Anyway why that one thread about Artstation couldn’t be previewed? Let’s hope it won’t disappear without any traces of digital history.

2 hours ago, lukaszdamianpiotrrygal said:

Anyway why that one thread about Artstation couldn’t be previewed? Let’s hope it won’t disappear without any traces of digital history.

You aren't linking it in this thread, so..

That is aside the usual observation how mentioning this has relevancy to this thread or in general.

Luke your posts sound randomized and that's not a good thing.