Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

DW's Country & State/Province Locator Thread (Not City - Don't Give Away Too Much Personal Info)

usa, colorado (formerly wisconsin)

4 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

USA, Indiana

I was actually considering starting a project centered around fellow Hoosier mappers. Kinda like the Three Hours of Agony megawads were for the French Doom Community. My fears were that there would be a lack of interested people. 

Cool thread idea, Lee. I love chatting about geography. 

you could probably get a lot more people if you expanded it to the rest of the states surrounding lake michigan

Victoria, Australia. It's the boring state nobody really talks about. Everyone goes to Queensland when they come down here on vacation because that's where all the beaches are.

Well.... I don't see many living right next to mother russia. That's where I'll keep it, considering our nation is a friend of fins, and hates them with a passion at the same time. oh and we participated in winter war to the point where soomepoikad later came to defend our country during second world war

11 minutes ago, Mr. Kong said:

Portugal, Porto as well.

Used to go there for vacation when I lived in Ourense, beautiful place. 

Just now, Thelokk said:

Used to go there for vacation when I lived in Ourense, beautiful place. 

That's pretty cool.
Do you recall where, specifically? Lisbon , or Algarve or something?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Kong said:

That's pretty cool.
Do you recall where, specifically? Lisbon , or Algarve or something?

Lisbon too, but I also went a lot to Porto itself as it was the closest. Really nice town.

10 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

Lisbon too, but I also went a lot to Porto itself as it was the closest. Really nice town.

Thanks, lokk.

I've yet to go to Italy proper, but I had short stay in Milan, and I left with a good impression of the place, and it's people.

Just now, Mr. Kong said:

Thanks, lokk.

I've yet to go to Italy proper, but I had short stay in Milan, and I left with a good impression of the place, and it's people.

Heh, there's certainly worse than us around XD

2 hours ago, cannonball said:

United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire. Contrary to peoples first thoughts, it is a bit of a dive of a place. 

Cambridgeshire, UK here as well. I won't ask you specifically where, but it's nice to know there's a local Doomer on the forums!

7 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Makes me want to get a map to figure out where this is. :)

EDIT: Found one -

Borders_of_the_Historical_Habsburgian_La

Lower Carniola is supposed to be 2c on this map.

haha. My bad. Just woke up when I posted here on this thread, so I wasn't being precise.

That would be correct. :)

Canada/Ontario

So if the Lee Jackson posts here, I guess he doesn't mind much if people use his MIDI's in their WAD's?

8 minutes ago, Stabbey said:

So if the Lee Jackson posts here, I guess he doesn't mind much if people use his MIDI's in their WAD's?

As long as:

• You give proper attribution.
  • You aren't charging for their use.

Meet these two conditions, and you're golden.

usa north dakotah

we have corn and snow

to bad about not being combined with southdakotah

7 hours ago, roadworx said:

usa, colorado (formerly wisconsin)

you could probably get a lot more people if you expanded it to the rest of the states surrounding lake michigan

A Northwest Territory wad sounds like fun heh. Only Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota residents allowed. Maybe it's dumb, but I feel like it'd be fun to make some speedmaps with my Midwestern pals.

2 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

A Northwest Territory wad sounds like fun heh. Only Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota residents allowed. Maybe it's dumb, but I feel like it'd be fun to make some speedmaps with my Midwestern pals.

Does a decade in Grand Marais qualify me, even if I'm no longer a resident?