Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
filthy casul

valiant is overrated garbage. change my mind

so to start off, yes, this IS a salty rant, and I'm writing it mostly to vent, but I still stand by my opinion that valiant is overrated garbage. why is it overrated garbage? here's a game for ya: take a shot every time you see an arch-vile in a spot with little cover. level 7 is literally arch vile spam on steroids with almost nowhere to hide. and even after that there's CONSTANTLY arch viles placed in spots where there's very little cover to avoid their attacks. but that's not all; the wad just loves to throw enemies at you and give you no way to dodge their attacks, for example on level 13 with the flame knight (or w/e it's called) in the tight corridor after the blue door, or when it forces you to fight a CYBERDEMON with a ROCKET LAUNCHER in a PIT where you can barely even dodge ITS rockets, let alone your OWN AS WELL. can someone please explain to me how this utter garbage won a CACOWARD?

Every time I see someone say "change my mind" I instantly lose the will to care about anything that person has to say. It makes you look like a douchebag just looking for a fight and not worth anyone's time.

3 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Every time I see someone say "change my mind" I instantly lose the will to care about anything that person has to say. It makes you look like a douchebag just looking for a fight and not worth anyone's time.

that's literally the point is that it's basically an invitation to have a discussion about whatever topic

4 minutes ago, filthy casul said:

that's literally the point is that it's basically an invitation to have a discussion about whatever topic

No one is going to do that. Different people like different things. You did not like Valiant and that is OK. Some people like it and that is also OK. Different people like different things. What is there to discuss? 

An archvile in Valiant made me quit playing and never come back.

It was the boss one in map30.  Other than that I managed to get through the entire mapset np and I actually am a filthy casual by the standards of people still playing OG Doom in 2022.  Had a great time too.  It's okay though, not every WAD is for everyone.

Just now, Murdoch said:

No one is going to do that. Different people like different things. You did not like Valiant and that is OK. Some people like it and that is also OK. Different people like different things. I am really not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

well like I said it was mostly a salty rant, but I'm open to a discussion to anyone who actually wants to have one. if nobody does then cool ig? :P

Difficulty settings exist for a reason. Use them if you find the majority of the maps too hard for your skill level.