Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

DW's NTT INDYCAR SERIES Season Tracking Thread - 2022

5 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

Penske is firm on wanting to keep the Texas Motor Speedway oval on the calendar after a great race was produced in March. A new contract is required to continue in 2023 and beyond.

Financial or other emergencies can crop up, sure, but it blows my mind that that kind of thing is not set in stone less than a year out.

The same situation was to be found with the F1 race at Circuit of the Americas at the beginning of this year. They only recently signed a new 5 year deal. So, no, it's not unheard of at this or even higher (gack) levels of the sport. :)

Glad everyone got through the second session without incident after a few hairy moments the other day. As has been said quite a bit since then: better to have found out about the need for the grip there now, rather than part way through the actual race.

And also nice to hear that folks have been getting out for the testing, since they opened it up to the public.

Thanks for the spoilers, Lee - the official youtube channel also blew it before I could take a look at it. I only caught the five minute highlights, myself, but hoo boy!

I've never actually seen a race at Barber - is it always a goshdarned knife fight?

Some links from this past weekend's GMR Indy Grand Prix, courtesy of Racer.com:

Results: https://racer.com/2022/05/14/herta-takes-chaotic-weather-shortened-indy-gp-victory/

Pruett's Cooldown Lap: https://racer.com/2022/05/16/pruetts-cooldown-lap-indy-gp/

I'm sorry that I'm just now getting around to posting them, but I've been in the hospital since last Thursday. Still there. More info in my "Essential Info" thread.

No need to apologize, Lee - health always takes precedence. Do hope you're feeling better soon.

I dunno what it was about this GP. I've seen tonnes of races in the wet, many in worse conditions, but this race in particular brought it home to me how freakishly talented all these drivers were to not absolutely bin it. Herta's save was breathtaking.

1 hour ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I'm gonna be in Indianapolis tomorrow for the race, very excited as I've never been to one. 

Where are your seats?

18 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Where are your seats?

Right on turn two. Should be a decent spot to catch the action. On my way there as we speak. 

8 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Right on turn two. Should be a decent spot to catch the action. On my way there as we speak. 

You saw almost all of the action today, then. :)

1 hour ago, leejacksonaudio said:

You saw almost all of the action today, then. :)

Absolutely! It was a great time, last 30 or so laps were very dramatic. Beautiful weather as well. 

Infinitely jelly, Dusty!

It was especially hard watching Scotty Mclaughlin make up all that ground and then park it, but at least he walked away from it.

Thoughts on the Dixon incident? I haven't looked at it a second time, but at first blush he came in pretty damn hot.

The Indy 500, Monaco GP and the 24h at the Nurburgring is a hell of a lot to ingest in one weekend...

Would've been nice to see Ilott get his first pole, but I think Power beating Andretti's record was worth that. Simply lovely that Mario was present to see it topple :3

I would love to go to a nascar race one day. Closest I ever got was watching the old Tom Cruise movie "Days of Thunder" (which features one of my favorite songs of all time, "Last note of Freedom" by David Coverdale.) The videoclip for that song is cheesy af though. You are warned.

And that is everything I know about Nascars. haha Big Cars go Brrr and a cheesy videoclip.

Nascar is not a thing in Australia, though American culture is so big here that Everyone knows what Nascar is about.