Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

Aliens TC

Aliens TC was deleted from a number of places and was never included in any commecial DOOM-related books and CDs, if I'm not mistaken. It could probably be considered illegal, but it's not like Fox is going to invade the idgames Archive to destroy it anytime.

I think it really has to do with how modern a game is. Few people are going to care about copyrighted material in a Doom mod because 1) there's little chance of them even finding out 2) usually zero dollars are made off them anyway 3) uh, Doom's graphics and sounds aren't exactly cutting edge...what exactly is someone going to do with some lowres alien sprites ? Aside from use them for another Doom thing of course.

Actually, funny story on that subject, but a long time ago when I was still working on massmouth, Randy Pitchford, head programmer at Gearbox, who had just released OpFor, came into #doomroom and I mentioned to him that I stole a bunch of stuff from Opfor (among other places) and he said it was fine with him. I have that log around somewhere too, but it's prolly on a disk at home. Ah well.

myk said:

Aliens TC was deleted from a number of places and was never included in any commecial DOOM-related books and CDs, if I'm not mistaken. It could probably be considered illegal, but it's not like Fox is going to invade the idgames Archive to destroy it anytime.

Yeah, I remember that. It was the first time I heard of Aliens TC, when I got that 3D games Alchemy book, which said that it couldn't put in on their cd. So I went looking. :)