Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manhs

Hands of Necromancy, a dark fantasy fps heretic/hexen-like [New Expansion Screenshots]

I have explored first level of the game so far and find it (the game) very enjoyable and evoking. Congratulations on your release.

One question I have is if the automap that I found kind of "revealing" with regards to secrets and button placement has been intended to be like that, or if it is just the first "training" level impression?

Also is it possible to leave custom markers on the map?

EDIT: I am also curious if MIDI version of the sountrack could be made available as an addon to the game?

Edited by ludicrous_peridot : MIDI?

For the automap, its normal, its because you can see it from a long distance already.
Custom markers, im not sure if its possible but its not planned, we keep 1.5 for now (1.5.3 actually but only little little code changes stuff to not break the saves).
I can try to ask to Luke Jansen if he can make midi of it, not sure how it works!

Hands of Necromancy Patch 2.0 is currently will be released soon on Steam and itch.io!

This patch adds some fancy new features!

Just a preview of what we've accomplished so far:
Sword Alt: Parry. Deflect enemy projectiles back to their source
Fireball Staff Alt: Triple Shot. Shoots 3 fireballs but with less accuracy, slower fire rate.  
Ring of Ice Alt: IceThrower. Like a flamethrower but with ice, can freeze enemies.
Tornado Spell Alt: Tempest. Spawn 6 tornadoes that will orbit around the player.
Unholy Grenade Alt: Mine mode. The grenade won't explode until an enemy walks on it.
Pistol Cannon Alt: Snipe mode. More accurate shots that can kill an enemy from afar, it has a little spread.
Scythe Alt: Summon Lemure. Spawn a single Lemure ghost minion who will attack the enemies. Things we are still planning:

Ambient sounds, 3rd attack for the transformations, Rebalancing
More details to come! Stay tuned!

Here is a preview of what there will be in this version, the 3rd attack for transformations!

3rd attacks for transformations:
• Swamp Serpent: Poison Gas. He throws a projectile that will create a cloud gas which will damage enemies who get too close.
• Stone Breaker: Falling Stalactites. He throws a projectile that causes stalactites to fall from the ceiling.
• Hell Burner: Fireball nova. Flames erupt from his body out to enemies in all directions.
• Wyvern: Quick Dash. He darts into enemies and pushes them away.

HoN 2.0 Beta is out now! Restart Steam if you don't already have access to it!

Default attack key for 3rd morph attack: [F]

If you use GZDoom to play this, please set "gl_particles_style" to 2.

The 2.0 Beta has altfires for the weapons, 3rd attack for transformations and more

You have to use the beta branch of steam to play the beta 2.0.

The game price is at 8,99$ now

Edited by Manhs

Hands of Necromancy is now on GOG with a discount of 39%! You can grab the version 2.0 at 5,39$.
Steam and itch io will receive the live update soon.
Version 2.0 adds new stuff like alternatives fire for weapons and 3rd attack for transformations, you will 
have 26 various attacks you can use against your enemies! 

GOG Link: 
https://www.gog.com/fr/game/hands_of_necromancy

Sweet! Out of curiosity, what platform benefits you the most? Would you rather have people purchase the game on Steam, GOG or Itch.io?

Easy Exploration mode available!

The Easy Exploration mode is available on the Beta Branch of the game, you have to choose "Beta" and redownload the game.

Beta Branch option:
WFnH57A.jpg

What is the Easy Hubs mode?

The "Easy Hubs" mode is made for people who want to spend more their time at shooting,
you have to play a map 1 time (or more if you want explore it again to get items), there is 4 keys per hub (not 6) and each map of the hubs has 1 key to find, once you get the 4 keys, you can come back to the hub last portal and leave the hub.
No more lot of come back to do to finish the hubs.

Transformations items are in the maps where you need them to finish the map.
It's like a linear progression but with a hub where you can choose the order of the maps.

In the "Classic Hubs" mode, its the original game mode, you will have to do some come back in the maps to open the doors who are locked with a key who can be in another map. This mode is for people who want also focus on exploration.

And an expansion Heretic-like is in the work! (linear progression)

2.1.0 "Easy Hubs" update

The "Easy Hubs" mode of Hands of Necromancy is now live! If you want focus less on an exploration hexen-like but something closer to heretic/doom, this mode is for you, in each of the 4 maps of the hubs, you have 1 key to find, once you get all the 4 keys, you go back to the hub to open the exit to the next map!
Progression is more linear in that way except you choose the first maps you want to play in the hubs!

With 2 new musics! (in map13 and 14)

Edited by Manhs

Hands of Necromancy is now at -40% on Steam for the Spring Sales!

Here are 8 screenshots of the expansion coming for the game! A city, a monastery, inside a pyramid, etc... cool stuff!
We will have a release date for it soon and it will be free.

Screenshots:

G80ZAyV.jpg
3tuTtQv.jpg
AKiNzDG.jpg
0iT5uGD.jpg
TnEOWEe.jpg
P797TD3.jpg
X6uZheJ.jpg
D3Y6uhZ.jpg

Some event:

Hands of Necromancy is nominees for the GDWC 2022 in the "Studio Category":
https://thegdwc.com/games/282e3220-a6ee-4778-9f75-ee369952fbed

You can support us for the "Fan Choice", you have just to like the page! (You can share it too but its not needed for the vote)

EDIT: We are not in the Fan Choice but in the Jury Choice! My bad

Edited by Manhs

"Hands of Necromancy - Evil Rises Again" is released, it is a free expansion of 9 maps for the game.

You have to use the beta version of the beta branch on Steam to activate it, it will be in the other shops (GOG, Itch io) when this version will go live.

Progression is linear like in Heretic/Doom.

Trailer:

Played through it in GZDoom v4.11.3. It has a feel of Faithless Trilogy and Veil of Darkness, but better! Liked how it was made with both crouching and jumping in mind, along with multiple transformations that allow you to reach areas you normally wouldn't be able to.

A few notes about issues/inconveniences encountered:

Spoiler

- UI is scaled down. I play with 4x UI Scale yet using 4x in HoN is equivalent to 2.25x in other mods. Makes mods that use their own font look scaled up more.

- Tornado Spell book is too high on the HUD and occupies too much screen space.

- Half of the Garden map is overlayed over the other half making it hard to use it for navigation.

- Only a single Crystal of Life can be carried at a time.

- There is no option to have map name printed on screen every time we re-enter it.

- Jumping to this ledge in the Crypt is instant death, being ported back up would have been nicer.

- There is no plaque in front of the Catacombs portal.

- Green transformation animation would sometimes not appear and sometimes look like this.

- Kills: Farmhouse 105/104, Garden 51/47, Countryside 58/55, Factory 52/51, Lost Village was okay, but most of the other maps weren't.

- Somehow I had 5/5 secrets in the Countryside before getting the one close to the Factory entrance, and it stayed as 5/5 upon collecting it.

- Undead King Blue never came down. Had to snipe him with Fireball Staff and Ring of Ice all the way from the bottom.

- The letter "d" shouldn't be here if my English is to be trusted.

- The hole in the windmill can be crouched though despite journal saying to become a Serpent.

- Some missing textures in the Cemetery.

- The crack doesn't disappear upon destroying the wall in the Cemetery.

- Diagonal jumped over this gap in the Earthen Depths and the Stone Breaker there wasn't moving which told me I wasn't meant to do that jump.

- The secret with Berserker Hand in the Earthen Depths doesn't count if you cannot collect it due to inventory being full.

- This ledge in the Frozen Fortress can bi diagonal jumped before rising the platform in the middle.

- The back two rooms at the frozen Fortress boss fight never opened.

- Target Spy sees Undead Dragon as "TAG UndeadDragon". Other enemies are tagged properly.

- This door requiring Skull Key didn't make sense to me as you can simply get to the other side without that key.

- There is a dead portal in the Ancient Ruins (and one map before too) that made me believe it leads to a secret level, but it does not.

- Soundtrack gradually became repetitive as I was progressing through.

- The text here and here should say "lit" instead of "liten/litened".

- Top texture on this box was likely not meant to look like that.

- This guy keeps on screaming with no way out.

- There are two Swamp Serpent Transformations and two Stone Breaker Transformations in this level.

- Another box with top texture not positioned properly.

- An elevator to escape form these fiery pits would have been welcome.

- The text says "3 more to go" for each button pressed.

- The texture isn't shown on automap for this segment.

Loved this message haha:

EbMJ5B1m.jpg

Looking forward to HoN2!!! ^^

Edited by eqagunn

Thanks for the comments and advices, we will see what we can do with HoN1 stuff :)