Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manhs

Hands of Necromancy, a dark fantasy fps heretic/hexen-like [New Expansion Screenshots]

being made by a team of people from GZDoom and Heretic/Hexen community.

Oh!

the plan was to make a mix between a Heretic-like gameplay and a metroidvania style

Oh!

The player will have 7 base weapons and 4 transformations, each transformation has 2 attacks.

Oh!

TRAILER:

Aww yeah! This looks and sounds rad, looking forward to it! I wish you guys luck with development.
Also, this was fantastic timing for your 69th post. Nice.

Youtube video of the game (first 30min demo video gameplay)

Edited by Manhs

The first part of the OST of Hands of Necromancy is released!

The OST was made by Luke Jansen, who has made many remixes of retro fps. We are releasing 7 tracks for free, you can hear them in the videos of the demo and the stream. To get the 7 musics, you can get the mp3 here:
https://www.retrogamemusic.org/originals-luke-jansen

Or listen the musics in his youtube:

At the release, there will be 5 other musics to download.

"Hands of Necromancy" Demo will be available at June 13 for the Steam NextFest!
The full game should be released shortly after June 20.

Adv_Nextfest.png

Hands of Necromancy, the demo of the dark fantasy fps and metroidvania is released on STEAM! 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1933120/Hands_of_Necromancy/

Hands of Necromancy is a Dark Fantasy First Person Shooter and metroidvania game, similar to Heretic, made with the GZDoom engine. Find your weapons, fight evil forces, use the special abilities of special transformations to find your path! Show how powerful you are as a Necromancer!

Trailer:
https://youtu.be/Ga11coGneIA

Have fun!

21 minutes ago, Manhs said:

Hands of Necromancy, the demo of the dark fantasy fps and metroidvania is released on STEAM! 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1933120/Hands_of_Necromancy/

Hands of Necromancy is a Dark Fantasy First Person Shooter and metroidvania game, similar to Heretic, made with the GZDoom engine. Find your weapons, fight evil forces, use the special abilities of special transformations to find your path! Show how powerful you are as a Necromancer!

Trailer:
https://youtu.be/Ga11coGneIA

Have fun!

Great stuff. Downloading now, as it looks exceptional. HON along with Selaco, Brutal Fate, Beyond Sunset really shows the potential of GZDoom as an indie alternative to Unity or UE4.

Some testing: (Tested on Core i5-4590t, HD 4600)

• Looks great! Really has its own style
  • Runs fluently! And i am glad it has OpenGLES support too - Game flies even with dynamic lights, so the OGL 3.3 requirement isn't necessary! Having GLES support in reality means even your dog as dirt GPU from the early 00's should run HON.
  • Snooping around, i can tell Rachael's work in here because the codebase is forked as HA 0.0 - Given GLES support, i reckon the engine is basically GZDoom 4.7.1?
  • I like that the original Doom cheats still work, so i could playtest all weapons. Not going to spoil things, just saying: They are awesome.
  • Being a small form factor PC, HON kicks in the fan pretty heavy - VSync puts that all away.
  • I did notice some missing sound effects/low quality ones. Placeholders, right?

All the sounds effects are new and not placeholders but yeah, there is multiples sound effects per attacks and we could remove a few who are the weak ones and buff the volume of the good ones.
There could be a few major changes, if a sound effects is not liked by a lot of people but we will see after the release of v1 :)

We plan to make an update of the demo soon, saves are not guaranteed to work with gzdoom updates so be sure to not update your game or finish the game if you are close to do it!
The update will feature:
-Rework of the Ring of Ice.
-Volume ajusted for some sound effects, modified choices of some sound effects.
-Fixed bugs and flaws for the most.
-Balance of some weapons, buff of power and nerf of ammo items/max ammo.
and other things

Annoncements: Full Release date!

Hands of Necromancy will be released on June 20!

At 10AM (UTC-8)

Prepare your spells, prepare your transformations, we hope to see you in the world of Hands of Necromancy!

That's really close! Are review codes be sent out (I do work for a games site aswell)?

5 hours ago, Manhs said:

Annoncements: Full Release date!

Hands of Necromancy will be released on June 20!

At 10AM (UTC-8)

Prepare your spells, prepare your transformations, we hope to see you in the world of Hands of Necromancy!

What is your website?

Hands of Necromancy was updated, here are the modifications:

-Increased power of the Tornado Spell. Enemies on the ground will be killed faster than before.

-New behavior for Ring of Ice. When hitting an enemy, ice shots will be thrown around the target for a short distance, potentially hitting other targets.

-Reduced ammo from pickups for Ring of Ice and Tornado Spell from 5 (small) and 15 (large) to 4 (small) and 12 (large).

-Max ammo decreased to 50 from 100 for Ring of Ice and Tornado Spell.

-Striking enemies with the Magic Sword now turns the player toward the target.

-Enemies will be stunned less often when attacked (especially golems).

-Increased HP of Cold Breath (Ice Golem).

-Removed some extraneous proprs and elements from some maps.

-Fixes for textures, sound volume, and gameplay bugs.

Issued planned for fix before Release v1.0

-Text scaling problem in the Quest Journal.

-Texture seam problem in map05.

-R & T too similar in game font.

Note: On the steam version, if you open the properties, under "Betas", you can switch to the "save-compat-2022-06-02" - if you are in the middle of a save this will allow you (temporarily) to continue from that save. These branches are a stopgap for the updates breaking save games, but they are removed quickly.

I was enjoying the demo the last couple of days, once I've finished that I'll be sure to pick up the release version. I like the exploratory feel that reminds me of Hexen, while the combat is a bit tighter and Heretic-esque. Nice work all round.

Cool-looking game! A while back, I have talked about my frustrations with Hexen and my search for a "Magic Doom". Hands of Necromancy might be it! Is there a way to play the demo outside of Steam?

Anybody knows how to deal with Rock Golems? Their ground slam attack is seemingly impossible to dodge and it is absurdly difficult to tell its range. Unless I shoot at them from far away, I keep taking damage from them, which is a problem when I am down to melee.

Use ranged attack like the Tornado Spell, it can do them a lot of damage and push them away or use the Serpent transformation to spam them from a long range.

Alright. I will try to save Tornado Spell ammo for them, then. It still feels a bit cheap that they could hurt me through walls or when I am standing above them. I prefer fighting the Ice Golems.

Edited by Rudolph

Hands of Necromancy is updated with v1.3
Here are the changes:

• Name of the maps will appear at the screen the first time you visit a map
• Map13: The Earthen Depths, monks don't spawn infinitely anymore
• map19: Skybox fixed at The Abandoned Castle
• Map02: Switch fixed at the farmhouse
• Tormented Undead (burning zombies) are fullbright now
• Missing textures fixes
• Statusbar fixed
• Undead King Boss not stun anymore by the Wyvern flamethrower (or just a little bit)
• map10: More enemies at the beginning of the City of Despair, added a switch at the dragon key room lift and platform fixed at the bell tower
• map07: Zombies doors will be open directly now
• Updated engine to GZDoom 4.8.1
• and other fixes

=>Choose the previous version in the beta branch to use your saves if you want finish the game with them
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1898610/discussions/0/3421062490360410047/

Announcement: New update of the game, it fixes the last important stuff and some details.

_Map02 The Farmhouse: Fixed deactivated enemies.
_Lord Gargoyle and Undead Dragon are now immune to rip damage from Ring of Ice.
_Raised some platforms to not allow skip passage in some maps.
_Map08 The Forest: Added a platform in one of the secret.
_Added more enemies/items in some areas of some maps.
_Added description of the attacks of the transformations when taking a morph pickup item (primary and alt fire).
_and others

If you want to keep the previous version to use your saves, use the beta branch option on steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1898610/discussions/0/3421062490360410047/

The Necromancer can raises the dead now! New update!

v1.5 is going into Beta soon - Important Information here!
The following changes will be introduced:
• Introducing Map Markers for Key Doors and Portals
• Fix for the switch of one of the map13 lifts
• Pull fixes from GZDoom, post-4.8.2
• New movement code - the player starts and stops moving a lot quicker, less "sliding" - this change will be optional
• New Special item: Hand of Necromancy (It raises the dead)
• "Classic" mode - which removes the new Hand of Necromancy and makes the gameplay more similar to what it was before this update

Important Information - Please Read!
The development team is going to need to be able to push rapid changes to this branch, if things aren't properly working. As such, please don't start any long-term play-throughs with saves you intend to keep - please keep using the release branches for that. When this version is released we will, as always, make a branch for those who save on the release version. We will *NOT* be introducing savegame compatibility for the beta branch! The beta will also only be on Steam!

>
Beta is now live