Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

Covaro Has Two Children...

...and one of them is named Mockery. Regarding this ancient project, hosted on Doomworld and started in late May 1998, a lot of people around here have been believing that the ultimate mock of Mockery would be it's eternal abandonment. However, ignoring the critics and the nay-sayers, Covaro has descended upon us once again to reveal the new Mockery! He has promised an updated website (after nearly five years!), and to whet our appetites, has put together a four level demo of the malicious, mocking monster. This small preview has also been uploaded to /newstuff, which means the hate-mongering bastards we have writing /newstuff reviews will get to spew some venom on it.

Now the fun part - which will be completed first, Mockery or Mock 2? I'd include a link to Mock 2 but slipgate.org appears to be down.

They were pretty fun to play through, although map03 drove me nuts with the sky corpses (I played using PrBoom). ZDoom would be the way to go, but it bombs out with 128 texture errors. :)

I'm sorry, but I really don't like the thing at all after taking a look at the screenshots. It looks absolutely crappy and I am not going to download that shit!

ZDoom bombs??? What version? The preview version was limited in testing, but I'm looking for the final version to run (in some form or another) on:

MBF/Boom/PRBoom
ZDoom 1.22 and 2.X
JDoom
Legacy
Doom/Doom95 (Can't run original Doom.exe anymore)
Possibly a Linux port or two depending on if I feeling like setting up the Linux Box.

So if it doesn't run right now, just wait. I know atm it should run with the latest version of ZDoom and run in JDoom with a few errors in the maps cause of the gl stuff.

-Cov

mewse said:

This small preview has also been uploaded to /newstuff, which means the hate-mongering bastards we have writing /newstuff reviews will get to spew some venom on it.

Not really, as it's my turn this week.... (but I might get some venom ready)

Now the fun part - which will be completed first, Mockery or Mock 2? I'd include a link to Mock 2 but slipgate.org appears to be down.

Hopefully Mock 2, as it's gonna rock.... (well, my maps will anyway)

Tormentor667 said:

I'm sorry, but I really don't like the thing at all after taking a look at the screenshots. It looks absolutely crappy and I am not going to download that shit!

OMG... try get the idea of what it is about... It is about to make crappy maps, etc... and also funny maps...

Mock2 is abuse of zdoom features... :P

mewse said:

hahahahahahah.... mcock2 will, yuo know!!!1, wowz0r, m0ck3ry lookie relly good...

Tormentor667 said:

WE WIN!!! =D

Anyway, I'm betting on Mock2. It's my understanding that it will be out before the end of [ERROR], so look out!

I got the web page, and when I cl*ck on the
download link, the same stupid page loads again.
When I enable scripting, I am bombarded with scripts,
flash crap, popups, and guess what. The freaking thing
still dosen't work :\

It's not on /newstuff either. :\

Any alternate links will be appreciated.

Tormentor667 said:

You know, that's why it's called "Mockery". It's a mockery of every good Doom2 level ever made. It's made purposely bad on purpose.

I was wondering what became of Mockery. I'm glad it seems to be back.

Tormentor667 said:

IGNORANCE!

By the way, about Mockery getting a bad review; If was my turn, and it's funny, which it's supposed to be, I would give it a good review.

Wait let me get this straight... Mockery is Actually being released? I thought the whole point of Mockery was to be abandoned with the leader droping off the face of the earth.

Maybe the new goal is to release a small-ish beta and THEN the leader drops off the face of the earth (again).

mewse said:

uhhm.. Works For Me(tm)

maybe you should get a popup blocker

I got it to work right now after trying well over twenty times periodically throughout the day.

Sucks to your ass-mar.

balanco01 said:

I got the web page, and when I cl*ck on the
download link, the same stupid page loads again.
When I enable scripting, I am bombarded with scripts,
flash crap, popups, and guess what. The freaking thing
still dosen't work :\

It's not on /newstuff either. :\

Any alternate links will be appreciated.

Hate to sound like mewse, but Works For Me Too (patent pending).

DooMBoy said:

Hate to sound like mewse

why?! would it really be a bad thing if more people in the world sounded like me

mewse said:

why?! would it really be a bad thing if more people in the world sounded like me

That depends entirely on what you say, mewse :)

mewse said:

jesus christ bananas

Ah, I see you pulled off a Stephen King one-liner there, mewse. :)

Lazer said:

Anyone find a strange resemblance between map03 and COECITS?

No!!!

Besides the fact that they're both very high?