Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

Adventure EP - A MIDI Album

Damn, this is really good! I'm glad to see you branch out to more adventurous stuff. This music is very inspiring and makes me want to try my hand at making more adventurous style maps in the future.

I am, however, currently using music from your last album in a project, so I really hope to god I don't let you down with that, haha!

Part of me wished the horses stayed during the whole of Do Not The Horse but hey, GM limitations oblige it. I just feel like this would totally be the best time to do a Doom train robbery level.

Really good music all around, had a blast listening to that on the SC-88. My favorite high point was the intense drumming on And Into The Forest I Go, To Lose My Mind And Find My Soul. May I ask what sound platform you're using to make these? 

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the tracks! I do agree about the horse, or lack thereof, but unfortunately the actual drum samples available when using the SFX Drum Kit are very few and far between. I'd love to see a map in that theme using this MIDI though, heh!

When you say sound platform I assume you mean MIDI Device / soundfont(s)? I'm composing using the Microsoft GS Wavetable that's bundled with Windows 10, and the tool I composed them with was Sekaiju, if that helps. 👍

4 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

When you say sound platform I assume you mean MIDI Device / soundfont(s)?

Yeah that's what I meant, thanks for replying!

Finally had a chance to listen to the whole thing and no surprise it's fantastic! Especially enjoyed Unholy Matriarch. Great job!

Wow, track 2 really impressed me so I downloaded the EP!

I have been playing through them this morning and they are really, really good. I have never enjoyed music, but have finally installed a soundfont to listen to some MIDIs.

Will check out the rest of your work. Your website looks great and easy to navigate - I found EDEN and A BOY AND HIS BARREL. Not sure if they are still live but they look intriguing. Also, I really loved the shout out to Jimmy on the download page - nice that there is great creative support in the community and that it gets acknowledged!

Keep up the great work.

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Tristan said:

You can have a very long horse that extends past the program change and it'll keep playing!

Dude, that works?! I might have to revisit this midi at some point. Thanks for the tip!

13 hours ago, PsychEyeball said:

Yeah that's what I meant, thanks for replying!

You're most welcome! 

12 hours ago, Lippeth said:

Finally had a chance to listen to the whole thing and no surprise it's fantastic! Especially enjoyed Unholy Matriarch. Great job!

High praise coming from you, thank you very much Lippeth! :)

8 hours ago, ImproversGaming said:

Wow, track 2 really impressed me so I downloaded the EP!

I have been playing through them this morning and they are really, really good. I have never enjoyed music, but have finally installed a soundfont to listen to some MIDIs.

Will check out the rest of your work. Your website looks great and easy to navigate - I found EDEN and A BOY AND HIS BARREL. Not sure if they are still live but they look intriguing. Also, I really loved the shout out to Jimmy on the download page - nice that there is great creative support in the community and that it gets acknowledged!

Keep up the great work.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Appreciate you taking the time to look at the website, too. Regarding those maps, Eden is still unreleased, I will likely repurpose the map elsewhere eventually. As for A Boy And His Barrel, you can find that project here: