Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEBaratusII

What is your favorite Descent level?

For Doomworld members who have played Descent, what is your favorite level for the first game. You can also optionally include your favorite Descent II level if you want but I haven't started playing through Descent II as I'm currently warming up a playthrough of Descent on livestream sometime, so I won't include my favorite Descent II level yet.

I'll go first, my favorite goes to Level 6 (Mercury Solar Lab) because it has taught me to be sneaky against the Class 1 Drillers either by hugging a wall and shooting one of the sides of my lasers at the drillers, or to launch homing missiles before they see you. The Class 1 Drillers and Red Hulks are still a pain in the ass to deal with though. My second favorite is also Level 12 (Callisto Tower Colony) because of the MIDI track used and how the start of the level is more open. I like how I can snipe the Red Hulks before I deal with the spawn rooms and the Drillers guarding it.

But anyway, what would your favorite level be?

I've not played the first Descent that much. Also don't remember which level was my favourite from Descent II, I just remember the water episode was fun. Fire episode least favourite, could have had something more to the colors than just grey & red.

There are so many good levels in descent that it's hard to choose, but the first trio of lunar maps are pretty seminal for me. Map 18 Miranda Mine stands out too, great music and tight level design. I need to play Descent again to think of others, it's been a while.