Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GooberMan

SPACE STATION OMEGA AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

And there was much rejoicing, yaaaaayyy.....well, there will be once I get home, heheh.

I have some old screenshots somewhere in my Doom Arcade screenshots directory. I couldn't be bothered uploading new screenshots, and I've got to be up in 6 hours so I should be going to sleep now anyways.

And make sure you read AT LEAST ONE of the text files included with the map. You'll see why once you read it.

GooberMan said:

Need I say more?

Target acquired. Calibrating dynamics for deployment. (Oops! Gonna have to wait until I get off work to give this bird a whirl.)

I'm stuck... For the life of me, I can't figure out what to do. After the chaos erupts, I took an elevator down to the transporter room and now I can't find a way out. It's got to be something simple. A hint anyone?

LilWhiteMouse said:

I'm stuck... For the life of me, I can't figure out what to do. After the chaos erupts, I took an elevator down to the transporter room and now I can't find a way out. It's got to be something simple. A hint anyone?

Try the elevator again :P

I have the same problem. And the monsters won't come out, and killing them does nowt anyway. (that's the 2nd time you visit the teleporter room, after a brief visit to deck 5)

LilWhiteMouse said:

You mean the Star Trekesque gateway room? Have you been keeping in contact by radio? You get hints that way. If you do mean that room, you're there for a reason - and the only things in that room are the gateways and the computers that control them.

Enjay said:

You mean the Star Trekesque gateway room? Have you been keeping in contact by radio? You get hints that way. If you do mean that room, you're there for a reason - and the only things in that room are the gateways and the computers that control them.

Yes, I've been keeping in contact. Right now it just repeats the same message. I tried using every pixel along the computers edge but nothing happens. I even shot it a few times.

LilWhiteMouse said:

I tried using every pixel along the computers edge but nothing happens. I even shot it a few times.

Hmmm, not sure then. I know there are alternative routes through the level, and different situations present themselves depending on what you do. I don't know all the combinations, however.

When I played it tonight, and ended up in the teleport room, I "used" the computers, got a message, a little battle, then "used" the computers again to activate one of the teleport pads.

I had some serious problems with that. Then I read the manual (ge_man.txt). First, you'll need to get at least ZDoom 37.cab, then type in DOS:

zdoom gateway.cfg

Then just use the 'g' and 'h' keys to use the radio.

One thing I noticed: ZDoom gave me a bad BSP tree error when I loaded it up. I'm using 37.cab.

It did that with 38 too.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out those deck 0 teleporters. Once I get there the second time, I can't do anything. The teleporters don't work, the elevator doesn't work, and the computers don't work. So far, I've avoided that area, but after exploring just about everywhere, it seems that I have to go back there...and get stuck.

There is no BSP data in the map. It was taking forever to build, and forever wasn't time I had so I released it. ZDoom takes 10-20 seconds to build the BSP tree every time, and the map takes 40-60 seconds to load with a compiled BSP tree, so I decided that the extra 10-20 seconds was acceptable. Either way, I'll be running a compile on the map on the weekend and uploading that.

And there's 2 sets of Deck 0 teleporters. You don't have to visit either of them to complete the map, but it's a good idea to visit the first set to get more info on the story. Which set is it? Before or after invasion?

Those of you who got stuck in that room, did you load a save game? I had that problem too, but I replayed from the beginning without loading a save game and things happened as they were supposed to.

After. Everything works fine before. By the way, as I was walking back out to the ship, I was killed by the explosions, but the invasion script ran anyway. I was expecting to get back up somehow and continue on. After a few minutes nothing happened, so I had to reload the game. It was the first time I played it (well, after getting the radio to work), so it was rather funny, but I knew what to expect next time, heheh.

Heh, yeah, Enjay pointed that out to me with one of the first versions I sent him, and then I totally forgot to fix it. You're not the first to find out that bug since release BTW :)

i just got sso and at the very begiing i have to use the radio and it wont work ive tried every key.

Run ZDoom with this line:

zdoom gateway.cfg

Then go to the options menu and you'll find 2 extra keys defined in the control section. Change them if you want (or need) to, and then press the 'choose option' key to activate it.

***One problem and one spoiler!!!***

at the part where you have to go one-on-one, the guy stood still, so I went up and turned on the weapons. Then it ended.

Cool level.

GooberMan said:

Epyo: Yes, that problem has been poitned out to me via email so as to not give away plot spoilers.

Yes, and it's very annoying! But the wad is definitely the best thing I've played...EVER. Congratulations man.

Edit: Please fix that thing sometime soon. I'd love to fight Boon.