1. 1. How often do you edit levels?

• ALL THE TIME, BABY!!! W00T!!!!
    • A lot of the time
    • Sometimes
    • Every now and then
    • Hardly ever
    • Never

Ichor said:

Maybe, but it would be good for something like Mockery.

Heh, a map that would keep growing and growing, but could never be completed. You could release a demo every few months or so.

I edit about 4-5 days in a row, 8-10 hours per day, then I pause for 2 weeeks.

I really enjoy editing, and I usually end up working at least a little bit each day, but the problem is that I can't sit here and do nothing but edit for hours on end. I wish I could, especially late at night when there's nothing else to do, but for some reason I can't. This is why I make like three rooms a day and my levels take forever to finish.

One thing that has been a constant problem while making a megawad...mod...whatever it's called is trying not to use all of my best ideas too early, while still maintaining some kind of variety. As a result, I'm somewhat limited in the first half (especially episode one), making it hard to work on maps sometimes. Map 8 has taken far too long already, but once it's done, it should start getting easier again.

The lack of free time is the real problem, though. I always seem to come up with the best ideas while at work, but when I get home, many times I forget all about it unless I write it down. My desk drawer is full of little yellow sticky notes with scribbles that I won't even use until chapters 3 or 4, and ideas on architecture is near impossible to write down.

Hmm...I started on a new (major) map today by doing the most complicated room first. It took me less then 2 hours. That dissapointed me somehow, but it also looks like I can get this done by the deadline.

Whenever I feel like it. My only UDM2 map is about two to three months behind schedule, which is the single reason (and to remove unused textures, unlike last time) why UDM2 isn't released yet.