Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aca

Why is this world shitty?

About two hours ago, I heard from my sister that two of our very close friends had died in a car accident. Now why would whatever thing runs this world take away a bright and beautiful 16 year old girl and a 17 yo boy? Not only is this sad but it is wrong. They were not doing anything stupid, they were not fooling around and they were not do anything nor done anything for what they received. Now the saddest part is what will happen to their families. Fin's mother can't work because she has a disability and Fin worked hard to support his mother and three brothers. Britney was a very good person and never got and trouble and always got good grades. She was defiantly the favored child by her parents. The problem is that her sister is going to feel horrible because she was the only that gave her really any love in the family. So my question is, why the fuck would this world take away such great kids that did nothing and leave in there place so much sadness and misery?

I'm afraid we only ever get more questions, aca, and never answers.

Like I said in #zdoom, this will take you a long time to get over. Give yourself that time. You deserve it.

aca said:

Now why would whatever thing runs this world take away a bright and beautiful 16 year old girl and a 17 yo boy?

I always enjoy how anything bad that happens to a person is never another person's (or even that person's) fault, always some higher power. I sympathize deeply; I lost a good friend in a car accident over a year ago because some morons thought it would be fun to get drunk and skid around a busy road in a jeep in the middle of winter, but the blame goes to the drunken idiots responsible for the accident. "The World" or its creator are not responsible; another person's mistake or poor judgement is.

Sometimes it's how you look at it with religion. Sometimes it's not. In this case, I don't think I'd be able to find comfort with or without religion. In any case, I'm afraid Lut's right...that there is very few people or things upon which you can place the blame for what happened. Perhaps at one point, a rhyme or reason will become evident for why life is the way it is. It seems too shallow, too wrong, to call such a tragedy a test. I wish you the best though and I hope that you are able to find solace quickly. I can only offer my most sincere condolances and if you wish, I'll pray for your comfort.

The world around us is a chaotic place, first and foremost. That means there isn't any purpose to life, no divine plan for each one of us, and a person doesn't get hit by a bus because "it was his time to go" but because "the idiot didn't watch where he was going".

(Summa Discordia)

Why is this world shitty?

To get to Heaven, you must first go through Hell. -some prophet

aca said:

So my question is, why the fuck would this world take away such great kids that did nothing and leave in there place so much sadness and misery?

Because there really is nothing looking after us. If we want to survive we have to look after ourselves and each other. I mean, if there was anything looking after us, my friend, the nicest and prittiest girl ever, would have never gotten cancer. I mean, she seems to have gotten over it, but it could come back, and now she's minus one toe and has several scars from the ordeal. Not something you'd want to have happen to the kindest person you know. Its stuff like this that shows us we all have to look after each other.

the_Danarchist said:

I mean, if there was anything looking after us, my friend, the nicest and prittiest girl ever, would have never gotten cancer.

And where's the logic there?

Lüt said:

I always enjoy how anything bad that happens to a person is never another person's (or even that person's) fault, always some higher power. I sympathize deeply; I lost a good friend in a car accident over a year ago because some morons thought it would be fun to get drunk and skid around a busy road in a jeep in the middle of winter, but the blame goes to the drunken idiots responsible for the accident. "The World" or its creator are not responsible; another person's mistake or poor judgement is.

Still it's a valid question considering there are people claiming for an omnipotent and omnipresent god or gods. If a god runs earth where is he? If no one runs earth is there a god? If god does not protect me, why worship him?

To the first post, my condolences. In my experience this means shit over a forum, but here it is anyway. :(

Lüt said:

And where's the logic there?

Uh...that makes perfect sense to me. Theres about 10,000 other people at the very least who would be more deserving.

Im really sorry for all of your losses, sadly im speechless as to the answer to any type of questions like this. Whenever i lose people in my life for whatever reason, i usually deal with it by contacting as many others as i can to talk about it, and by forming new realtionships. Sometimes it works, it might not for you.

This thread seems awfully familiar... Didn't I make a thread about the existance of God before? Oh well, anyways. Sorry to hear what happened. There seems to be no answer to this question like what pritch said (i think). It's like these questions:

1.Why are all the kind innocent people attracted to the stupid assholes?

2.Who made the StoneHenges?

3.Why is the US School System FUBAR?

4.(Insert some retarded question here)

...WHY? Because nobody knows...

My gripe is with the US school system. I like the kind that some foreign countries employ a lot better.

My condolences to you and to the families. Im sure it doesnt seem like I actually care, but I do.
As for the whole god thing, Nietzsche (sp?) said it best:
God is dead
Assuming there ever was one.
It's also possible that there is some divine plan, but we are not necessarily the focus of it. Perhaps just cogs in some giant machine.
Either way, like Dan says, we have to look out for each other.

I'm sorry this happened. I know I would be devestated if I lost a certain someone of my life... The only way I can see it is like in the Lion Kind and the circle of life...

It's cheesy.. but we'd overpopulate very quickly if it werent for disease, random accidents, and other...

It just hurts so much when it happens.

Shit happens. Sorry if that sounds rude, but that's how it is. You can't be sure of anything, and whatever God is doing these days, preventing people from killing themselves in car crashes isn't on his priority list. Like Lüt says, it's our own responsability.

Assmaster said:

...like Dan says, we have to look out for each other.

I really wish the world works like this, but it doesn't seem like that's been happening lately...

That is very sad and its a shame things like this happen. From all the things I have seen in my life time shows me that we are just here were living organisums like anything else stuck on this forsaken planet that were quickly ruining There are no superior beings watching out for us if there were we wouldent be in this mess and things like this wouldent happen. Things like that do happen though its the way of life everything dies sadly some people die without exsperiencing life to the fullest and it just sucks!. Theres nothing we can do about it sadly its nature.
anyway thats my 2 cents and im sorry for your loss 2 days ago my cusion was shot and killed so yes shit happens and its a piss off. I dont want to offend people about the whole god thing but me I believe there is NO god. We are here on our own and thats it.

my view is that no itellegence control what happens. things just do, good or bad. though humans dont like to think of it that way. the bad can get off free and the good can pay for their sins. trying to find logic in death is vain, because there is no logic. Death is part of life, face it, because we all will.
best thing to do is accept what has happened and move on, nothing more nothing less