Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peccatum Mihzamiz

PUSS XVI: Pac-Man Doom - updated to Version 1.1 !!!

Map Name: Crashing Clyde's Castle
Author: Death Bear
Music: Broken Mirror by Tristan Clark
Sky: OSKY15
Format: UDMF
Difficulty Settings: Yes, but needs some testing. Co-op starts added, as well.
Build Time: 4:20, and a few minutes to balance
Comments: A Castle -based Maze-y map. No Plasma weapons.
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mpo2fat4x0nphk7/DB.PAC-CCC.v1.wad/file

Spoiler

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220402_211647.

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220402_211703.

Now this intrigues me. Might whip something up.

Map Name: Test Chamber
Author: Peccatum Mihzamiz
Music: 'Taste of Blood' and 'Android Hell' by Kelly Bailey, from the game 'Portal'.
Sky: none
Format: GZDoom UDMF
Difficulty Settings: Not yet implemented Yes, implemented, including some co-op stuff.
Build Time: 4:27 hours, plus quite some bug fixing after that.
Comments: A map in the style of Portal!
Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220412_142337.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220412_142407.png

File Link (changed to version 2)

Edited by Peccatum Mihzamiz : File version 2

55 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

should i make a wad that is just the realistic arcade machine so people can copy and paste it?

That seems like a good idea! I'm okay with people copy+pasting your arcade machine if they want to!

38 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

Hey, cool, it's finally a thing!

Yes, woohoo! So happy that you made your Pac-Man map last year. It put me on track to host this project!

Edited by Peccatum Mihzamiz

9 hours ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

That seems like a good idea! I'm okay with people copy+pasting your arcade machine if they want to!

here: RealisticMachine.zip

Just a question, since it is now a public resource for everyone to use, can i remove the time it took for me to make the machine from my mapping time?

Edit: darn it I've forgotten to remove a function on the machine in the file i sent

Edited by noob_killer012345678

9 hours ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

Just a question, since it is now a public resource for everyone to use, can i remove the time it took for me to make the machine from my mapping time?

That seems fair, sure. You lucky b*stard :P!

1 hour ago, Death Bear said:

Looks like I'll need one more update, at least! haha. Mad thanks for the awesomeness @noob_killer012345678

No problem man! im just happy to help, seeing as im not used to speedmapping i might not even be able to finish this map. So im happy to be able to help with something

Edit: Unsatisfied with the map, in the end, so, no map from me i guess, even trough i kinda promised to do one

Edited by StorkGreen

Map Name: The Arcade is a Lie

Music: 'Stop What You Are Doing' and 'No Cake For You' - Mike Morasky and Kelly Bailey.

Sky: RSKY1 from Ray Mohawk 2

Difficulty Settings: Yes, implemented, plus some co-op stuff.

Build Time: Confidential

Comments: (First?) secret map of Pac-Man Doom. If you are stuck and don't know where to go:

Spoiler

try out the fire.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220418_234352.

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220419_205257.

Map file link

1 hour ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

Map Name: The Arcade is a Lie

Music: 'Stop What You Are Doing' and 'No Cake For You' - Mike Morasky and Kelly Bailey.

Sky: RSKY1 from Ray Mohawk 2

Difficulty Settings: Yes, implemented, plus some co-op stuff.

Build Time: Confidential

Comments: (First?) secret map of Pac-Man Doom.

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220418_234352.

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220419_205257.

Map file link

I messed up my recording so there's no point in re-recording, cause it won't be a blind run anymore.
- The visuals are amazing

- I like going 'out of bounds' and exploring the areas behind the scenes. Great to see broken equipment, plants growing, etc.
- Grabbing the RL unleashes a ton of imps... making it a very challenging fight if you missed the SSG (and SG) somehow
- Progressing was unclear. I spend 9 minutes looking how to progress, and finally discovering that those fire-things are portals. Make them look more like portals!
- The buttons activating the Cyberdemons (and extra revenants) was interesting. The fight was kind of weird. You get a BFG and a ton of ammo, but the cluttered terrain / instant death pits / zombieman fodder makes it difficult to dodge Cyberdemon rockets. Still, the fight isn't overly challenging, just a little annoying

The music suits the atmosphere well.

Hope this helps!

Ok just played the three submissions:

Crashing Clyde's Castle:

• Cool map, it's simple but you can easily die at the end due to the cramped space if you are not careful. Could easily be a map01.

Test Chamber:

• I enjoyed the portal mechanic and puzzles involved, though I had to play it two times because I missed the portal hint at the start and I broke the map by jumping :p. Couldn't figure out how to access the secret exit.
Spoiler

I did shoot a switch that required freelook, but it seems to be an easter egg rather than something required for the secret exit.

• The laser traps were cool but the instakill floors seemed kind of unnecessary in this map, as I never seemed to fall accidentally on them. Maybe they should be moved to some other location where it could make a fight trickier.

The Arcade is a Lie:

• Pretty nice secret level, I enjoyed the final fight because it makes you watch your step, and the zombiemen shooting can make you eat a stray rocket from the cybers. However, the fight could be more dangerous as the cybers can be dealt with pretty quickly, leaving you with tons of bfg and a bunch of zombiemen standing around.

Didn't seem to find any gamebreaking or visual glitches, but as I said I missed the secret exit in Test Chamber so I can't be 100% sure. I did mostly enjoy the mechanic in all three maps, it reminds me of skulldash, though I find that the Bonus doors in "Test" and "Arcade"  are bit too late for them to matter unless you are kind of speedrunning the map and triggering everything all at once.

All around, pretty interesting maps, can't wait to see new submissions!

Less than 6 days left until the deadline folks! Looking forward to some more aMAZEing maps in the coming days!

screen10.png

Map Name: Doolhof

Author: Peccatum Mihzamiz

Music: 'Arrival' - AD_79

Sky: From OTEX by ukiro

Format: GZDoom UDMF

Difficulty Settings: Partially implemented

Build Time: 4:20 hours.

Comments: Just a simple maze... with a twist

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220428_170413.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220428_160006.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220428_170425.png

File link

1 hour ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

Map Name: Doolhof

Author: Peccatum Mihzamiz

Music: 'Arrival' - AD_79

Sky: From OTEX by ukiro

Format: GZDoom UDMF

Difficulty Settings: Partially implemented

Build Time: 4:20 hours.

Comments: Just a simple maze... with a twist

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20220428_170413.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220428_160006.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220428_170425.png

File link

Nice map!

Im definetly going to play this megawad when it will be released and also there you have some video of playtesting this map

(I maybe rushed it little bit when more enemies were teleporting to the maze, also did not found any bugs) 

PS: Mod i used is SmoothDoom

Map Name: Mope
Author: myolden
Music: Brutal Schism by Jimmy
Sky: n/a
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Build Time: 4 hours 20 minutes (plus like an hour troubleshooting some ACS...)
Comments: Tried to go for that retro-futuristic style that pac man always kind of reminded me of.  

Mope.wad.zip

Screenshots:

Spoiler

mope-01.png.f7844f5003678bf602b24c06f2a6412a.pngmope-02.png.6dff3807cbcd755e4aaeb067a7354860.png

We're nearing completion on the fancy custom resources for this project! This video features the custom menu picture, menu music, moving Pac-Man icon, icon sound, some custom sprites, the custom Pac-Dot plus pick-up sound, intermission music, and exit sound.

Map Name: "A Pac too Far"

Author: Steve88

Music: Passport - from win95

Sky: PSKY3 - Steve88, modified from Rsky3 made by Redead-ITA

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Build Time: 3 hrs on the map + 2ish hrs on testing and debugging the code

Comments: Just made a simple map based on the Original pac-man maze

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220503_203051.png.654b4affcac3e2a6d7a16d11f34da994.png

P2F1.0.zip

Edited by Steve88

I realized too late this could have been used to make something seriously "Dark Deception"-ish, ahh well. It looks like a neat concept and some of the maps look pretty interesting to play, I'll have to look through and see what someone of you guys did. (The aesthetic of @Steve88's map above particularly intrigues me!) I see now this isn't as limiting as I felt it was at first. I'm assuming these only run for one month before the next one starts up?