Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kute

I like the master lvls alot

I know how late I am to this party but I only got into the game a few months back.

I had played super gore nest like 2 months ago when I was pretty crappy(which I still am) and got through it I suppose but I remember it took like an evening of troubles on the tripe arch-vile spawn at the end

But in the last few days I've played out what I had access to in nightmare

Arc complex - Uhh, if I had done this one first, I might have stopped here. This was laughably easy, I was playing terribly as I kept expecting it to suddenly throw wild encounters at me so I was playing real conservative - but they never did. The campaign arc complex was easily harder than this was. Bizarre 

Super gore nest - fun, and the last fight is a big scene, I might have died once or twice this time around

Mars core - nice. This had some big moments, but it required self policing on the BFG like alot of Doom: Eternal's content. I kind of wish it didn't exist in this game tbh. At the very least, the master levels shouldn't have them. I died a bit on that part with the re-spawning BFG ammo because fighting the caco clouds can be a bit alarming. Died at the dark foggy area. I dislike the fog but the Tyrant looks great in there, pretty spooky big lumbering red eyed bastarb. The last fight was a big fun show

Taras Nabad - now here we go. I've ran this a few times now and it's really challenging - again, provided you don't use the BFG. I didn't die until the coin room, which took a couple tries, and then... that double arch-vile room. Wow, now that's crazy. That's the kind of frantic content I bet mapmakers would pump out if the game was easily mappable. I probably died like 10-15 times while I figured out to immediately dblade the guys on the bottom at the start, then immediately gun down a tyrant.

It's been interesting seeing what has the most raw dps to gun down the tyrant in 3-4 seconds without using your ice bomb(which makes the arch-viles trivial)  

I think it's just the SSG-Ballista swap with a grenade on top tbh. Maybe PB-SSG. If you get him fast enough you'll be able to focus on the other one and the crowd and it's manageable. Very very fun though. The double marauder fights weren't as tough as I'd imagine they'd be.

I guess it's time to buy the DLC now. Kind of expensive for a few levels though. I mean not that it really matters but

All the master levels are good and I generally prefer them to the base game counter parts. Cultist Base also has a master level but you have to buy the rip and tear pack now if you didn't pre-order which makes it meh. ARC Complex I feel like got rushed out at launch so they had at least one master level at launch that wasn't gated; it's buggy and not nearly as hard as the others, and the music not functioning correctly irks me still.

I would absolutely recommend both DLC; all levels in The Ancient Gods 1 are sort of master levels in their own right. TAG2 isn't as ball busting but it also contains the best master level in the game that tests you against everything, but it still really makes me hope they make more. Post-launch support as been quiet lately though besides skins.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

If I recall correctly Eternal released with two master levels, or one and another came out soon after. These are much more easier than the later releases, which makes it kind of strange but I understand they had to up the anti as the player base evolved with the game.

For me personally I would like the intensity of some arenas to drop to get the urge to replay them more regularly e.g. Taras Nabad double Archville room. But maybe there is a trick to them I haven't figured out, or I need to get gud.

2 hours ago, Chezza said:

If I recall correctly Eternal released with two master levels, or one and another came out soon after. These are much more easier than the later releases, which makes it kind of strange but I understand they had to up the anti as the player base evolved with the game.

For me personally I would like the intensity of some arenas to drop to get the urge to replay them more regularly e.g. Taras Nabad double Archville room. But maybe there is a trick to them I haven't figured out, or I need to get gud.

It's pretty wild. That SMVR guy on ps5 beats it via raw skill but he shields essentially between any cooldown he uses. I think it's a bit frantic for even the best players to not shield heavily, zero master resorts to the bfg in his. IDK about other people those are the only ones I looked at.

I think when I just feel like playing for 20 minutes and blowing up some demons, I'd probably just play the first 3-4 big fights and then alt f4

I kind of like final sin for just wailing on demons though. It only takes like 25 mins and it's pretty nonstop action

But I'm going to run the dlc's and maybe there's more entertaining demon wailing in those

You will enjoy the DLC demons I think, not 100% sure if you will at first but they definitely play a role of making the situation more challenging / interesting. Simply going DPS crazy won't cut it anymore.

The only DLC demon I don't like is the cursed prowler, but they nerfed and added sound to alert us of its presence, so not so bad anymore.

I like when they add new features like the UAC turrets on ML Mars Cores or ML Taras Nabad's falling spikes.

Like more "tools for the sandbox".

I havent kept up with DE but the master levels I have played were fun.

I know the last one I tried was Taras Nabad, but there were some optimization issues so I did not finish it.

i think the Master Levels that come packaged in (Arc Complex/Cultist Base) are alright.

Mars Core is easily my favorite Eternal level, it was great seeing it get re-done.

Super Gore Nest is trash, change my mind.

Taras Nabad is great, but the opening is terrible.

World Spear ML is fine. i think i would like it more if the colors on it weren't so bland.

Master levels are fun. It’s basically “newgame plus” for selected levels providing revamped encounters to use your unlocked arsenal on. I’ll sadly never play the Cultist Base ML because I personally can’t justify paying $5 for the Rip and Tear pack, and I didn’t preorder.

21 hours ago, map11has2names said:

Super Gore Nest is trash, change my mind.

Not interested in changing your mind but I am interested in why you think it's trash?

1 hour ago, Cantleylads said:

Not interested in changing your mind but I am interested in why you think it's trash?

i was kind of exaggerating, but i think it's really ugly. the level itself plays well, but the gore graphics really suck IMO.

20 hours ago, BGrieber said:

Master levels are fun. It’s basically “newgame plus” for selected levels providing revamped encounters to use your unlocked arsenal on. I’ll sadly never play the Cultist Base ML because I personally can’t justify paying $5 for the Rip and Tear pack, and I didn’t preorder.

Yea I'm feeling the same way. As fun as the game is, it's unlikely I'll spend 5 bucks on a map

But it does look like a decent time, it's not like another Arc Complex master level

18 hours ago, map11has2names said:

i was kind of exaggerating, but i think it's really ugly. the level itself plays well, but the gore graphics really suck IMO.

I'm not that big on the aesthetic but it doesn't bother me. Big fun fights too. And the difficulty feels right, whereas Taras Nabad has the double archvile tiny arena that feels like a bit much

Plus the area has goodwill in my mind as it's right when you get the ballista and feel "complete", that big arena to start the level is one of the parts of the game where you really let loose