Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueBeast

How to compile Total Conversions???

Say I'm making a multi-level episode. I can make the Wads, and put them all together under one name with Wadcat (after all, i use Waded to make 'em) But if I change sprites and textures with wintex, sounds with XWE, and other attributes with Dehacked, what order would I do all this? I know nothing about batch files, though i wish i did.

Of course, i've played many megawads, and many edited wads with new sounds and sprites etc etc, and they're all pretty much loaded with a batch file, i'm making such changes to my wads, but have no idea what order to do all this.

My biggest trouble is figuring out how to do all this without asking everyone to download the whole doom2.wad with all the changes.

For the most part...
I can make the new levels,
I can change the new sprites and textures,
I can change sounds,
I can change what i need in Dehacked,

I CAN'T put it in one easy package. Please guide me down the right path you Doom Gods...

(lemme wipe of my nose here a sec)

Thanks In advance!

BlueBeast said:
I can make the new levels,
I can change the new sprites and textures,
I can change sounds,
I can change what i need in Dehacked,

I CAN'T put it in one easy package

Go get NWT from our files section, and read its manual. That should clear up quite a few points. With NWT you can import different levels, graphics, sounds and other lumps into one single WAD. There are other editors that do the same, but I always found NWT (and especially its manual) a good place to start learning how.