Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frost-Core

What do you think are the cacodemon holes?

Ignoring the actual meaning of those holes, really, what do you think are they? i think he breathes with them, the one on the bottom is for inhaling, and the one on the top is for exhailing.

Just now, Doominator2 said:

Jet Boosters

Lol, maybe john romero does not wanna talk about them because they burned his hand or something

This is where you put your hand in and pull out a colored ball. If it's red, you're dead. If green, you'll win a BFG9000. If blue, you'll kill the Caco and if the ball is yellow and in form of an award then congratulations, you win nothing sorry.

And if it's brown you shall be named the king of the Caco (literally: the king of shit).

I said a long time ago that the cyberdemons are full of hot air and they blow up / inflate the cacos every morning.... nobody ever listens.

A cacodemon flies. The larger hole, the bottom one, is aimed vertically and provides the cacodemon with the required thrust to maintain its altitude. The smaller one, on the top, is aimed horizontally and allows the cacodemon to propel itself. Since most of the caco's strength is needed to keep it aloft, the thrust remaining for horizontal movement is quite weak, hence the smaller orifice as well as their rather slow speed.

Just now, lokbustam257 said:

his butthole

literally everyone, also what about that dot in the imp?

In my head-canon, these are what left of a spine and a throat. It's known that cacodemon sprite is based on astral dreadnought head, so maybe the demon that we see is only the part of the original demon. It would also explain the name, where "caco" means "bad". What if the original demon body was broken or unsuitable for battle (too bad for battle), so the only operational part (the head) was cut off?

Pain Elemental's holes are the same. It would make sense if Pain Elementals were made of cacodemons by stitching other demons' parts onto them, so new parts cause constant pain. This would reflect the pain elemental sprite being created from other demon sprites.

1 hour ago, Captain Ventris said:

I’m actually astounded we don’t have this thread every other week.

We've had it before and we didn't really like the way it felt

1 hour ago, HavoX said:

The man has spoken.

He talked about them by not talking about them... does this have a name?

2 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

He talked about them by not talking about them... does this have a name?

It's called a non-disclosure agreement.

3 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

It's called a non-disclosure agreement.

Sure lol, that's why he didn't talk about it!

I mean if there is a name to the phenomenon of being meaningful by explicitly not saying anything, to be more precise.

Back when the Caco was a head of astral dreadnout... one was a part of breathing system and second of digesting system. Like when you cut someone's head off.

5 minutes ago, Sokoro said:

Back when the Caco was a head of astral dreadnout... one was a part of breathing system and second of digesting system. Like when you cut someone's head off.

You mean the oesophagus and the trachea?

alright hear me out the caco has 2 holes and  the bottom one looks to be bigger than the other what else is similar that you can think of? d3c674ba_monkaHmm.png