Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thestarrover

Coverdisks & Shareware CDs Collection

3 hours ago, Doomlover77 said:

In the Pc Mania Cd #30 folder under Wads there’s a lot of corrupt ZIP files in the Nuevos directory. 

I didn't notice!

I checked and unfortunately even the files on the .iso image are corrupted. I found, on Archive.org, another copy of the same cd but it has the same issue. I am sorry.

About the wad collections, take a look at PRIVAT.WAD ( in Joystick HS7, Doom folder, PRIVATEF folder). According to the text file the levels are new from scratch but E1M1 is MAZE1.WAD  

Posted (edited)

@thestarrover I’ve looked at Privat.wad by Felix Steve Foldk”tter. They are all existing wads for episode 1. The levels, in order are :-

Maze1, Arena, Annex, Legend1, Legend2, Walltrap, Ttadom11 & Pillars.

There’s another wad collection called Raiser2.wad by Mark Winter released September 1994. Again the details are below :-
Lithe2m1,  Mrdm2501, unknown (facing a startan3 wall), Brevil, Despair, Horror, unknown (facing a green wall) & Fy1_1-2 e1m1. 

I’ve found a wad called Medieval.wad dated 2/7/96 in PC mania CD 49. What game is it for?

This evening I’ve found another wad Collection for Doom called Top-3.wad, a replacement for all 3 episodes with existing maps, released in June 1995. Details to follow. Bdmwad! & Castle Phobos were featured plus many more. 

Also I’ve found a deathmatch wad called Yer_iced.wad by Iceman, which was later featured in Dwango12 m7, on the Games Machine CD #65. Thanks for the great levels @thestarrover 

@Doomlover77  

Edited by Doomlover77

Posted (edited)

Yeah, this is truly a awesome thread dude! Thanks for sharing with us!

Anyway, idk if these files are present already in some other shovelware package but i have some unreleased maps (at least in idgames archive) in my possession from other CDS i own:

From PC Gamer (issue unknown ATM):

• Camp Hell (CAMPHELL.WAD), a single "my house" map, includes Warcraft 2 sounds and a smiley replacing the STFGOD face texture
  • Eye of the Storm (EOSTORM.WAD, STORM.ZIP), a challenging slaughtermap episode that i was planning to do a review for Wadarcheology, but unluckily it's not that impressive expect been pretty thought for a 1996 map

From "Doom Scenari" (Jackson Libri/J. Software, 1996 according to Google)

• Just some sound replacement wads with no author (at least, text file is missing) called GHETTO.WAD and STUPID.WAD. Parts of the STUPID sound clips are been used in my jokewad episode Bleah 2.

From "Doom 2 Scenari" (Jackson Libri / J. Software, 1996 according to Google)

• Another sound replacement wad called AKIRA.WAD, by Tetsuo and Keneda. Replaces the Doom sounds with the ones from the animated movie "Akira"

These last two that i wrote aren't archived anywhere, too. At least, not in Archive.org or ModDB. Not sure if anywhere else have been uploaded in some form. This happened also to the other shovelware CDS from this editor, the only form of knowing that this stuff exist is from a a Google books linked thread and this information page on Florence city National Library site, where a link for buying them is present... Interesting!

Edited by Walter confetti

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Yeah, this is truly a awesome thread dude! Thanks for sharing with us!

Anyway, idk if these files are present already in some other shovelware package but i have some unreleased maps (at least in idgames archive) in my possession from other CDS i own:

From PC Gamer (issue unknown ATM):

• Camp Hell (CAMPHELL.WAD), a single "my house" map, includes Warcraft 2 sounds and a smiley replacing the STFGOD face texture
  • Eye of the Storm (EOSTORM.WAD, STORM.ZIP), a challenging slaughtermap episode that i was planning to do a review for Wadarcheology, but unluckily it's not that impressive expect been pretty thought for a 1996 map

From "Doom Scenari" (Jackson Libri/J. Software, 1996 according to Google)

• Just some sound replacement wads with no author (at least, text file is missing) called GHETTO.WAD and STUPID.WAD. Parts of the STUPID sound clips are been used in my jokewad episode Bleah 2.

From "Doom 2 Scenari" (Jackson Libri / J. Software, 1996 according to Google)

• Another sound replacement wad called AKIRA.WAD, by Tetsuo and Keneda. Replaces the Doom sounds with the ones from the animated movie "Akira"

These last two that i wrote aren't archived anywhere, too. At least, not in Archive.org or ModDB. Not sure if anywhere else have been uploaded in some form. This happened also to the other shovelware CDS from this editor, the only form of knowing that this stuff exist is from a a Google books linked thread and this information page on Florence city National Library site, where a link for buying them is present... Interesting!

Thank you @Walter confetti!

Camp Hell ( Camphell.wad, Camphell.zip) and Eye Of The Storm ( EOSTORM.WAD, EYESTORM.ZIP,) are available on the PC Gamer 06/1996 issue and on The Games Machine CD #17.

GHETTO.WAD and STUPID.WAD are also available on Supergames volume 2 CD

It is possible that GHETTO.WAD is a ready-to-use version of dm_gheto.zip, a sound patch released in 1994 for doom1.2. This version consists of 57 .voc files and it requires dmaud.exe. I tried both versions and they look the same or very similar. According to the ghetto.doc file, the author of Dm_gheto.zip is "Serpent"

STUPID.WAD also appears to be a ready-to-use version of dmstupid.zip, a sound patch released in 1994.

Dm_gheto.zip and dmstupid.zip are available on Supergames Vol 2 ( in the ZIPPED folder) and on many other CDs.

Doom 2  Scenarii seems to be available for purchase on ebay.it

Edited by thestarrover

27 minutes ago, thestarrover said:

Camp Hell ( Campbell.wad, Camphell.zip) and Eye Of The Storm ( EOSTORM.WAD, EYESTORM.ZIP,) are available on the PC Gamer 06/1996 issue and on The Games Machine CD #17.

GHETTO.WAD and STUPID.WAD are also available on Supergames volume 2 CD

GHETTO.WAD ready-to-use version of dm_gheto.zip

STUPID.WAD ready-to-use version of dmstupid.zip

Hi @thestarrover if you don't mind can you provide the links to check those cds / wads please?

Posted (edited)

@thestarrover I’ve downloaded all of the files of the shareware CDs yesterday and today I’ve started to go through them. I’ve found some more Doom & Doom2 wads I’ve not seen before. Thank you for everything you have done. @Doomlover77

Edited by Doomlover77 : Wrong name given in message for shareware CD uploader, now corrected.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mad Butcher said:

Does anyone have a backup of this? It was wads from other CD-ROMs that are not found in the MediaFire link.

I might have this laying around somewhere. Weird, I could have sworn I included it. I will take a look now. :)

Edit: I can't believe I didn't download that - I can't find it anywhere in my archives.

@Doomlover77, Would you be so kind as to upload those files? I'd like a copy of them as well. Thanks!

Edited by Arrowhead